Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
A shit place...or the inability for some to not be able to comprehend the idea of being a partner in something bigger? After all, if it's shit places they're after...the residents of Stoke and Basildon don't need to look too far.

I think we all comprehend how big the Commonwealth is,and how diverse compared to the all-white club!

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
I see from you're edit you've seen that was BB, so I'll leave that.
No. Saying "most" are thick would mean that "not everyone" is thick. Saying "I never stated anyone who voted leave was thick." actually means that you've never stated any one person (who voted leave) is thick.

You realise there's a difference between anyone and everyone right?

No, I'm right.

If you weren't trolling, then understand you made a mistake and we'll move on, I've no problem if you just got confused between anyone and everyone, it's no big deal. I thought you were trolling, perhaps you weren't. Nothing to do with a difference of opinion though, I'm not complaining about your opinion that Brexit is a bad idea.

Eh? I'm not upset about anything.

I made no mistake. It's obvious to anyone with a brain cell that BB meant "anyone" as in "everyone". I simply did not state this. No mistake to answer for I'm afraid. I believe most brexiteers are thick. Not ALL or "anyone" that voted leave are thick.
Cannot believe I'm actually having to explain this to "anyone". I shan't explain further so please, please, please if you still don't understand can you just keep schtum until you are able to grasp the concept. Please.

Jesus. People really can be dense.

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
Just seen that Boris is at the NATO meeting of Foreign Ministers.Funnily enough that is his job,not fannying about round some loony EU failures.

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
I made no mistake. It's obvious to anyone with a brain cell that BB meant "anyone" as in "everyone". I simply did not state this. No mistake to answer for I'm afraid. I believe most brexiteers are thick. Not ALL or "anyone" that voted leave are thick.
Cannot believe I'm actually having to explain this to "anyone". I shan't explain further sonplease, please, please if you still don't understand can you just keep schtum until you are able to grasp the concept. Please.

Can you explain again.Your previous explanation left a lot to be desired,and seemed to point out you're a bit thick.:lolol:

Last edited:

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
I made no mistake.
You did. You confused "anyone" with "everyone". If BB also made the same mistake before you, that's not my problem. If you say "I never stated anyone who voted leave was thick", then that's wrong, it's a simple matter of English grammar. I do understand if you made the mistake because someone else made it first, but it's still a mistake.

I believe most brexiteers are thick. Not ALL or "anyone" that voted leave are thick.
Stop it, don't just repeat the mistake. I know what you mean, but you're getting it wrong. It's "not all or everyone".

Cannot believe I'm actually having to explain this to "anyone". I shan't explain further so please, please, please if you still don't understand can you just keep schtum until you are able to grasp the concept. Please.
You're use of "anyone" is wrong. Stop getting it wrong and I'll stop correcting you.

Well we can agree there.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
You did. You confused "anyone" with "everyone". If BB also made the same mistake before you, that's not my problem. If you say "I never stated anyone who voted leave was thick", then that's wrong, it's a simple matter of English grammar. I do understand if you made the mistake because someone else made it first, but it's still a mistake.

Stop it, don't just repeat the mistake. I know what you mean, but you're getting it wrong. It's "not all or everyone".

You're use of "anyone" is wrong. Stop getting it wrong and I'll stop correcting you.

Well we can agree there.[/QUOTE

Double post

Last edited:

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Interesting, I wonder if Argentina will now declare an interesting in joining the EU?

As was mentioned by an ex EEC British negotiator on 5Live yesterday, there will be winners and losers in these negotiations as there are many agendas in play and we should not expect to get any sort of settlement without taking some painful medicine. This is just the first possible stumbling block.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
@Triggaar .Anyone is a perfectly acceptable substitute for everyone in this context. For example if someone said "anyone who is stupid enough to vote leave deserves what they get". In that context, as in BB's post, anyone means "everyone". I just pointed that out. I never stated anyone who votes Brexit is thick.

So please stop commenting or trying to "correct" me. You have totally misunderstood the situation and you're not understanding the explanation so please, shut up. You really are getting yourself in quite a muddle over this. I think I'm in more of a position to know what I was thinking than yourself. If you can't understand what I have written it's not my job to explain it over and over. Time waster.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly

Bit harsh, more poorly informed and easily duped

I'll be feeling for many of them in a few years. I shouldn't but I'm just too soft

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
You really are getting yourself in quite a muddle over this.
Nope, I'm right. And I know I'm right. Which means I won't let it go, sorry.

I think I'm in more of a position to know what I was thinking than yourself.
Oh indeed, I don't disagree with you there. Although I think I now also know what you meant, you meant "everyone". My point is not what you meant, but what you wrote. You wrote "I never stated anyone who voted leave was thick." That's grammatically incorrect, because it now appears you meant to write "I never stated everyone who voted leave was thick."

If you can't understand what I have written it's not my job to explain it over and over.
I do now understand what you meant, but it's not my fault your grammar is bad.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Nope, I'm right. And I know I'm right. Which means I won't let it go, sorry.

Oh indeed, I don't disagree with you there. Although I think I now also know what you meant, you meant "everyone". My point is not what you meant, but what you wrote. You wrote "I never stated anyone who voted leave was thick." That's grammatically incorrect, because it now appears you meant to write "I never stated everyone who voted leave was thick."

I do now understand what you meant, but it's not my fault your grammar is bad.

Oh my God. You're painfully stupid. Honestly, you should let it go. You're wrong.

Jim D

Jul 23, 2003
Worthing
As was mentioned by an ex EEC British negotiator on 5Live yesterday, there will be winners and losers in these negotiations as there are many agendas in play and we should not expect to get any sort of settlement without taking some painful medicine. This is just the first possible stumbling block.

Gibraltar nearly all voted to remain, so they have more in common with Spain now. I guess the next thing is they'll be demanding Scottish independence.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
I presume Clamp is referring to the post-vote analysis and the constant harping by Farage that it was a vote against the establishment.

In part. There has also undeniably been posts on here saying things akin to "that'll show 'em" etc.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Oh my God. You're painfully stupid. Honestly, you should let it go. You're wrong.
I'm not. You said ""I never stated anyone who voted leave was thick" which, whether you like it or not, means you "never stated that any one person who voted leave was thick".

I see you edited your post above to give a different example, but we're not talking about a different example, we're talking about what you wrote, and you got it wrong. It would have been easier for you to just accept you got it wrong because BB had also said "anyone" and you were copying him, but there's no point in pretending you were right, because you weren't. "Anyone" and "Everyone" are not the same. Suggesting I'm stupid won't change English grammar.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
I'm not. You said ""I never stated anyone who voted leave was thick" which, whether you like it or not, means you "never stated that any one person who voted leave was thick".

I see you edited your post above to give a different example, but we're not talking about a different example, we're talking about what you wrote, and you got it wrong. It would have been easier for you to just accept you got it wrong because BB had also said "anyone" and you were copying him, but there's no point in pretending you were right, because you weren't. "Anyone" and "Everyone" are not the same. Suggesting I'm stupid won't change English grammar.

You have misunderstood. BB meant "anyone" in the sense of "everyone". I'm sorry but ANYONE can see that. Except you obviously. My grammar is correct. Your interpretation is wrong. There's no discussion to be had.
Anyone is a substitute for everyone in BB's post. I merely repeated it and pointed out I never wrote it. I did not mean to type "everyone", I meant to and indeed did, type "anyone". Quite correctly, quite simple.
Nobody has actually got their grammar wrong. Not me or BB. You've just waded in and you have totally misinterpreted the posts.
I didn't even type the original thing, you utter clunk.
You are wrong and you're getting tiresome. So, shhh now.

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here