Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
17554125_10155847205633368_8907043017953246055_n.jpg

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
No regrets here. I see that all of a sudden, a lot of people are holding up Michael Heseltine as a voice of sanity but it's worth remembering all the bluster that the same lifelong Euro-federalist said when we didn't join the Euro in 2000.

https://www.theguardian.com/business/2000/mar/03/emu.theeuro

My view is that we'll be fine. Our economy is comparatively strong and although there may be tough decisions to make it's all going to be worth it to be able to be free from an EU that is impervious to reform and led by bureaucrats committed to a path that is purely self-serving. One size clearly does not fit all and we will see this once again when the next Euro crisis comes along. My prediction is that within the next ten years other countries (probably from the north) will also choose to leave the EU.

Love Europe, hate the EU.

Jan 30, 2008
No regrets here. I see that all of a sudden, a lot of people are holding up Michael Heseltine as a voice of sanity but it's worth remembering all the bluster that the same lifelong Euro-federalist said when we didn't join the Euro in 2000.

https://www.theguardian.com/business/2000/mar/03/emu.theeuro

My view is that we'll be fine. Our economy is comparatively strong and although there may be tough decisions to make it's all going to be worth it to be able to be free from an EU that is impervious to reform and led by bureaucrats committed to a path that is purely self-serving. One size clearly does not fit all and we will see this once again when the next Euro crisis comes along. My prediction is that within the next ten years other countries (probably from the north) will also choose to leave the EU.

Love Europe, hate the EU.
have you right on that one , only a matter of time before EITHER Portugal, Italy or Greece(again) go down the pan

regards
DR

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
No one else touches?

You must be disappointed in The Fatherland with all that Qatari investment in Germany including the likes of Siemens, VW and Deutsche Bank Must be a bitter pill knowing German exports to Qatar are 2B a year(bloody German jobs eh). Bet you dropped a pork knuckle when you found out 2017 was an officially endorsed German/Qatar Bilateral Year of Culture.
Bet you cant pack your bags quick enough.

This can't be good news but presumably all of the trade is with the UK, right?

evce2g.jpg

http://trade.ec.europa.eu/doclib/docs/2006/september/tradoc_113438.pdf

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
No regrets on Leave from me either .......very happy,some hardship ahead,opportunity too....embrace change -it's coming whether we like it or not.

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
article 50, oh happy days.

Has world war 3 started yet?

not within 5 years,maybe 5 to 10 years....it wont be because of Brexit.

i think the Eu could have collapsed by the 10 year marker anyway.

looney

Banned
Jul 7, 2003
not within 5 years,maybe 5 to 10 years....it wont be because of Brexit.

i think the Eu could have collapsed by the 10 year marker anyway.

Could collapse in a few weeks if Le Pen wins, and its looking more likely according to some research ive seen.

As for WW3?

Nope, unless you mean the clash of civilisations then thats aready started.

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
Could collapse in a few weeks if Le Pen wins, and its looking more likely according to some research ive seen.

As for WW3?

Nope, unless you mean the clash of civilisations then thats aready started.

was thinking more in the far east.korea or south china sea..maybe not,but the eu.......20% lost revenue within 2 years...could happen,like you say others might wish to exit too

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here