Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

daveinprague

Oct 1, 2009
Prague, Czech Republic
This is supposed to be a thread about the EU and Brexit. And you're trying to turn it into a racist/anti-racist who's got the biggest willy contest.
"A group of 30 (chanting EDF incidentally) were looking for trouble all day." Yes, quite possibly - but what's that got to do with Brexit? 17M plus of us voted to leave the EU; a vast majority of us weren't on that demo (or chanting EDF). Most of us wouldn't have wanted to be, thanks very much.
So, those 30 people (yes, that whole vast hoard of them) all voted for Brexit? Did they - do you know that? Perhaps they couldn't be bothered to vote; perhaps they were all too thick to understand what voting is.
The truth is that I don't know, and you don't know - but you do appear to want, by implication, to sustain your delusion that all leavers are knuckle dragging, old, racist, fascists who, in your own opinion, probably shouldn't be allowed to vote if they're going to vote against you.
Give it a rest.

Yeah people in the EDL/MFE voted remain or did note vote (for what they have been striving for). Laughable

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
Getting back to brexit, heard Gina Miller on the radio earlier now moaning because we havnt given in our notice already and cant understand us stalling this for another few weeks until the end of the month……..is she ever happy?

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Yeah people in the EDL/MFE voted remain or did note vote (for what they have been striving for). Laughable
I never said they voted remain. Nor did I even suggest it. They may even have voted to leave - I don't know, and, if you don't know them all personally, neither do you. Even then, they might have lied to you.
Mind you, if whatever they told you reinforced your prejudices, I've no doubt you'd believe every word!

daveinprague

Oct 1, 2009
Prague, Czech Republic
I never said they voted remain. Nor did I even suggest it. They may even have voted to leave - I don't know, and, if you don't know them all personally, neither do you. Even then, they might have lied to you.
Mind you, if whatever they told you reinforced your prejudices, I've no doubt you'd believe every word!

You're right. Anti Islam groups were bound to vote remain or not vote. I'm off out mate.

alfredmizen

Banned
Mar 11, 2015
I was not involved in any violence along with ther majority of people who protested a far right group coming to a city that is seen as leftwing specifically for confrontation. You can defend neo nazi groups coming to Brighton for this. I wont.
Correct, you weren't, but you dropped lots of hints that you were until somebody saw you on film bravely mouthing off whilst hiding behind lots of riot police and showed you up for the complete and utter melt that you are:lolol:

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
Jim's fears become reality if May ends up with the "no deal" option. Which is why we will have to have a deal of some sort, and May saying no deal is better than a bad deal is either madness or bluster, if she walks away with nothing, we are in a legal void with no customs designation. It will not just be flights, and it won't just be the EU that we can't send goods to or import from. This is a shit situation for the EU too, so an extension to negotiations and us either remaining members, or agreeing a transitional deal, one where we are still compliant to EU laws and paying fees, probably without the rebate, will go on till the next election, when the decisive battle over Brexit will be fought.
My reckoning is that most of the appetite for leaving will have evaporated by the next election, and the Tories will find themselves in a tricky position. Will they maintain the push for Brexit, or revert to traditional policy and campaign on a manifesto that will keep us in the EU?
I could be wrong and the desire to leave is strengthened, with UKIP no doubt shouting about the EU punishing us, we may then elect a leave at any cost party and bail out, invoking Jims scenario of having no legal framework to enable cross border transactions.
I know the leave response to all the bad possibilities is "well it will be bad for everyone, so everyone will work to avoid it" but wars are generally bad for everyone, and for most of history in Europe, we have not had much luck in avoiding those.

Gatwick is predominantly used for European destinations, when these flights to and from Europe end after brexit and Gatwick closes, do you think they will turn the land into much needed housing or do you see an alternative use for the site?

brighton fella

Mar 20, 2009
Stay in denial
Why was Brighton chosen by this Portsmouth based group? Because you wanted a reaction. You got one. Thankfully you have not been back to disrupt the city with your bs

"Portsmouth based group chose Brighton for confrontational purposes" ..wrong on absolutely every account. .proves just how very little you know on the subject.

The thread in case you hadn't noticed is all about brexit so why do you turn it in to something you know very little about.
This is my final post on the matter,

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Gatwick is predominantly used for European destinations, when these flights to and from Europe end after brexit and Gatwick closes, do you think they will turn the land into much needed housing or do you see an alternative use for the site?
They used to have some decent horse racing there - one of he few horse racing tracks to have its own railway station (Gatwick Airport station served the aerodrome about a mile closer to Brighton).
I think they held the Grand National there once (at the race-course, not the aerodrome).

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
They used to have some decent horse racing there - one of he few horse racing tracks to have its own railway station (Gatwick Airport station served the aerodrome about a mile closer to Brighton).
I think they held the Grand National there once (at the race-course, not the aerodrome).

Given the distances to the gates in the north terminal they could still do horse racing during the quieter moments if they wanted to.

Pogue Mahone

Apr 30, 2011
Given the distances to the gates in the north terminal they could still do horse racing during the quieter moments if they wanted to.

Yeah, since they moved all those flights to the North it must be bloody difficult for you yo make it to the Albion. Bet you wish you lived in Littlehampton. :wink:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here