Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
Proud not to answer questions or admit mistakes, yes a proud day indeed. No doubt Mrs May and others are working on the same principle as [MENTION=12825]cunning fergus[/MENTION] and Trump in just saying controls and intervention, but absolutely no detail in place to cover implementation just a deflection and a shrug of the shoulders and no understanding of the issues.

Yes the proud winners way, smile and say everything is wonderful even sy you are happy being poorer, but disappear and offer no answers when challenged by anyone with a different view.

It must be how Britain became Great Britain and ruled an Empire

Perhaps,as you have mentioned the Donald,we should mention that his policies have started to bear fruit.Perhaps our Government might take note.

lesson 1.jpg

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
It is a good idea to understand the principle of spaces between sentences before you blather on about legibility. As regards Nigel or whatever his name is, the only reason that a poster checked back was because he claimed that he had not said something that he clearly had. Even when presented with the evidence he continued to deny it. No ganging up. Just pointing out.

No ganging up?You,Baldeagle,stupid150,and the other whingers on here have all tried to be internet bullies,but failed miserably.Just like the remain campaign.:lolol:As regards spelling,I suppose all the spittle on the screen prevents some of you from checking their bile makes sense,but a simple screen wipe might make it seem less like a remedial class!

daveinprague

Oct 1, 2009
Prague, Czech Republic
No ganging up?You,Baldeagle,stupid150,and the other whingers on here have all tried to be internet bullies,but failed miserably.Just like the remain campaign.:lolol:As regards spelling,I suppose all the spittle on the screen prevents some of you from checking their bile makes sense,but a simple screen wipe might make it seem less like a remedial class!

When ridiculing somebodies written English skills, It would probably be a good idea to.... actually, forget it 'Prof'.

Last edited:

D

Deleted member 22389

Brilliant, glad you can afford it. Millions can't. But that's Team Leave all over isn't it. I'm alright Jack, pull the ladder up. And yes the system does need money. Money that's stashed away in fat cat off shore accounts and tax avoidance schemes.

Me and the wife where a month away from not meeting our mortgage payment last year. My wife got made redundant last year. She got a years contract somewhere else. I'm not rich, but happy to pay. Nowt to do with Brexit. I live in the real world. Face reality we all have to pay more unless you have a money tree.

Last edited by a moderator:

McTavish

Nov 5, 2014
Brilliant, glad you can afford it. Millions can't. But that's Team Leave all over isn't it. I'm alright Jack, pull the ladder up. And yes the system does need money. Money that's stashed away in fat cat off shore accounts and tax avoidance schemes.
Bit mean spirited...it seems that bashlsdir is advocating the exact opposite of ladder-pulling-up in this instance.

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
Perhaps,as you have mentioned the Donald,we should mention that his policies have started to bear fruit.Perhaps our Government might take note.

While this should really be on the Trump thread, for balance

Declared the mainstream media the “enemy of the American people.”
Held a nuclear strategy session in the public dining room of his Florida resort.
Allowed one of his senior advisers to complain about CNN’s political coverage to the network’s parent company — which has a proposed merger pending before the government.
Allowed his administration to ask the FBI to leak favorable information, in violation of rules protecting the Justice Department’s independence.
Declined to publicly condemn the shooting of two India-born engineers by a man who (allegedly) said “get out of my country,” as he fired.
Declared himself the “least racist person” — then asked a black reporter to set up a meeting for him with her friends in the Congressional Black Caucus.
Insisted that his Supreme Court pick had no problem with attacks on the judiciary, in the face of blatant evidence to the contrary
Declared the “court system” a threat to national security.
Trashed New START during a call with Putin — after putting the phone aside to ask his advisers what that (nuclear-arms treaty) was.
Publicly condemned a private company for dropping his daughter’s (increasingly unpopular) fashion line.
Suggested that publicly criticizing his military decisions is tantamount to aiding “the enemy.”
Got angry at his press secretary for being impersonated by a woman
Used the executive branch’s immense authority over border control to inflict arbitrary cruelty on thousands of Muslim immigrants, create chaos at airports all across America, and sour diplomatic relations with the rest of the world.
Violated court orders against his travel ban.
Created a diplomatic crisis with Australia — and threatened to invade Mexico.
Allowed his press secretary to falsely claim that Iran had committed an act of war against the United States.
Retained the author of a reactionary screed that likened the 2016 election to Flight 93 as a national-security staffer.
Suggested that Frederick Douglass is still alive in speech on Black History Month.
Told a demonstrable lie about the size of the crowd at his inauguration — and predicted that the media would “pay a big price” for refusing to repeat it.

And on it goes, and i haven't even mentioned the wire tapping accusation.

If our Government are taking note, I trust it is in respect of how not to govern

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
While this should really be on the Trump thread, for balance

Declared the mainstream media the “enemy of the American people.”
Held a nuclear strategy session in the public dining room of his Florida resort.
Allowed one of his senior advisers to complain about CNN’s political coverage to the network’s parent company — which has a proposed merger pending before the government.
Allowed his administration to ask the FBI to leak favorable information, in violation of rules protecting the Justice Department’s independence.
Declined to publicly condemn the shooting of two India-born engineers by a man who (allegedly) said “get out of my country,” as he fired.
Declared himself the “least racist person” — then asked a black reporter to set up a meeting for him with her friends in the Congressional Black Caucus.
Insisted that his Supreme Court pick had no problem with attacks on the judiciary, in the face of blatant evidence to the contrary
Declared the “court system” a threat to national security.
Trashed New START during a call with Putin — after putting the phone aside to ask his advisers what that (nuclear-arms treaty) was.
Publicly condemned a private company for dropping his daughter’s (increasingly unpopular) fashion line.
Suggested that publicly criticizing his military decisions is tantamount to aiding “the enemy.”
Got angry at his press secretary for being impersonated by a woman
Used the executive branch’s immense authority over border control to inflict arbitrary cruelty on thousands of Muslim immigrants, create chaos at airports all across America, and sour diplomatic relations with the rest of the world.
Violated court orders against his travel ban.
Created a diplomatic crisis with Australia — and threatened to invade Mexico.
Allowed his press secretary to falsely claim that Iran had committed an act of war against the United States.
Retained the author of a reactionary screed that likened the 2016 election to Flight 93 as a national-security staffer.
Suggested that Frederick Douglass is still alive in speech on Black History Month.
Told a demonstrable lie about the size of the crowd at his inauguration — and predicted that the media would “pay a big price” for refusing to repeat it.

And on it goes, and i haven't even mentioned the wire tapping accusation.

If our Government are taking note, I trust it is in respect of how not to govern

Well done! 9/10
My,he has been a busy President,hasn't he?Has he been shot or impeached yet?:lolol:

In other news,Independence Day moves inexorably nearer,and still no sign of plague,famine,war or mass unemployment.Even Nostradamus did better than remain.

daveinprague

Oct 1, 2009
Prague, Czech Republic
9/10 for being a car crash within 50 days? The only way you can see that this administration is talking bullshit, or telling lies, is seeing if their lips are moving. You have a strange outlook.

brighton fella

Mar 20, 2009

Why not means test it then, or would you not be happy with that either.

Agree fat cats deserve to be investigated and forced to pay their fair share.

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
Well done! 9/10
My,he has been a busy President,hasn't he?Has he been shot or impeached yet?:lolol:

In other news,Independence Day moves inexorably nearer,and still no sign of plague,famine,war or mass unemployment.Even Nostradamus did better than remain.

There seems to be a plague of halfwits, a famine of logic, a war on facts and mass unemployment of honesty. Trump, Farage and cunning fergus involved heavily on all counts.

cunning fergus

Jan 18, 2009
Perfectly calm thank you Nigel. I have no problem absorbing the point you mention. But that was not what you said at the outset. Most normal people would react to a drafting error of this kind by saying "Oh dear, that wasn't what I meant at all. What I meant was..." but you just go into hyperbluster mode. Are you insecure?

Nope, perfectly secure.

There was no drafting error, there is no contradiction and no uncertainty........and since you (and others) have challenged what I posted I have been perfectly clear that I would always protect British workers rights first and foremost.

You can of course choose to ignore these explanations, however there is no change to what we have always have and will continue to disagree on. You would not protect UK workers by placing restrictions on foreign workers accessing the UK market.

That is fundamentally what this spat is about..........you support the EU's principle for freedom of movement to all EU workers, and that is more important to you than British workers rights.

We will never agree........it's that simple.

cunning fergus

Jan 18, 2009
Proud not to answer questions or admit mistakes, yes a proud day indeed. No doubt Mrs May and others are working on the same principle as [MENTION=12825]cunning fergus[/MENTION] and Trump in just saying controls and intervention, but absolutely no detail in place to cover implementation just a deflection and a shrug of the shoulders and no understanding of the issues.

Yes the proud winners way, smile and say everything is wonderful even sy you are happy being poorer, but disappear and offer no answers when challenged by anyone with a different view.

It must be how Britain became Great Britain and ruled an Empire

How much clearer can I be?

There are no mistakes to admit to, just a cycle of repetition on how I support controls on the UK labour market.

And yet you don't want any controls, you are completely comfortable with open borders and freedom of movement for EU workers in the EU.

The fact is that you and the others who want to buy the world a coke have lost the argument, on this thread, in the Brexit referendum, in the EU and on the metaphoric street.......down at No 2 this evening I note someone's been chopping people up with an axe. If only they could get that front door back on and stop the neighbours and any Joe Blow turning up they may have a chance of preventing these events. Never mind eh, there are more important things for Governments to do than keeping its citizens safe.

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
How much clearer can I be?

There are no mistakes to admit to, just a cycle of repetition on how I support controls on the UK labour market.

And yet you don't want any controls, you are completely comfortable with open borders and freedom of movement for EU workers in the EU.

The fact is that you and the others who want to buy the world a coke have lost the argument, on this thread, in the Brexit referendum, in the EU and on the metaphoric street.......down at No 2 this evening I note someone's been chopping people up with an axe. If only they could get that front door back on and stop the neighbours and any Joe Blow turning up they may have a chance of preventing these events. Never mind eh, there are more important things for Governments to do than keeping its citizens safe.

You think the attacker in Dusseldorf was an EU migrant to Germany?

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
There seems to be a plague of halfwits, a famine of logic, a war on facts and mass unemployment of honesty. Trump, Farage and cunning fergus involved heavily on all counts.

seems a bit unfair not to mention Clamp when you say halfwit and famine of logic or even yourself and Lincoln for that matter when you falsely attribute posts to the wrong user

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
seems a bit unfair not to mention Clamp when you say halfwit and famine of logic or even yourself and Lincoln for that matter when you falsely attribute posts to the wrong user

And if I didn't apologise for that error already, please accept that apology now.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here