Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
The answer is yes but more often than not they go unreported like that of the case i mentioned..

You ask why would the conversation turn to how much we rely on the indigenous...because fella the indigenous play a great role and also do a fantastic job that is why!!! therefore they have every right to be recognized instead of being excluded ignored and labelled idle. Are you going to at least give them some credit for the great work they do ..or are you going to continue with the anti indigenous rhetoric that we have all been accustomed to of late.?.

Finally, no fella,, common sense comes perfectly natural to me, whereas folk like you usually have to put some thought behind it:wink:.

Yeah, not ready to change my opinion on a bit of gossip your missus has passed on, if you want to be persuasive you are going to have to post at least one piece of reliable reporting, rather than just say it happens.

When people say we would not be able to run the NHS without immigrants, it doesn't mean those people are saying that the UK workers are not up to it, they are saying there just are not enough qualified people from here to do it all.
No one is running down anyone in the NHS on the basis that they are indigenous.

If I say we would struggle without Knockaert in the side, it does not mean I think Stephens is shite.

The Rivet

Aug 9, 2011
Yeah, not ready to change my opinion on a bit of gossip your missus has passed on, if you want to be persuasive you are going to have to post at least one piece of reliable reporting, rather than just say it happens.

When people say we would not be able to run the NHS without immigrants, it doesn't mean those people are saying that the UK workers are not up to it, they are saying there just are not enough qualified people from here to do it all.

If I say we would struggle without Knockaert in the side, it does not mean I think Stephens is shite.

Wouldn't it be wonderful if the house of lords took the same opinion.

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
Standing up for democracy?! Most leave voters will tell you that we knew what we were voting for and that meant out of the single market, the customs union and self determination with borders we control. Anything else goes against the democratically held referendum. Democracy means obeying that referendum not trying to water it down.

And what if May comes back with a watered down Brexit? Are you quite happy to just accept whatever she comes back with?

brighton fella

Mar 20, 2009

For obvious reasons i can not give to much away about the wife's company as she still works there but lets just say she isn't one to spread idle gossip for the sake of it.
As for the NHS i understand your point but in a world of fairness it is only fair that the indigenous get given credit for their part to.. because lets be totally honest hardly a good word gets said...or if it does i never get to hear about it.:wink:

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
For obvious reasons i can not give to much away about the wife's company as she still works there but lets just say she isn't one to spread idle gossip for the sake of it.
As for the NHS i understand your point but in a world of fairness it is only fair that the indigenous get given credit for their part to.. because lets be totally honest hardly a good word gets said...or if it does i never get to hear about it.:wink:

Well, I guess you trust the source.

I often hear praise for the "wonderful hard working NHS staff" from politicians, this obviously includes UK and non UK born staff. It is almost a standard phrase issued before any criticism of waiting times, bed shortages, etc.

D

Deleted member 22389

Monarch May strikes again...

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-39202245

May basically wants a free had to do whatever she likes. Yet again she views the government as bigger than parliament.

Taking back control? Do me a favour..

The only reason they want a final say on any deal is so they can delay things, so people like Blair, Farron and all the others who don't respect the original vote by the people get their second referendum, once that date is set for the second referendum their grotty little machines will get in to action, and that will be used to scaremonger people again hoping the result goes the other way. Need to stop treating Leave voters like ****ing idiots, the people decided, respect the vote and move on.

cunning fergus

Jan 18, 2009
Im sure @LincolnImp will respond with his own thoughts if he wants to. Having read this exchange on the control of labour it would seem to me that you are following the example set by some other leave voters by answering a question but not the one asked.

You have previously stated that you would control the internal labour market to ensure that the workers aren't poorly paid. To avhieve this you gave stated that youwould control demand thereby ensuring workers would renain employed with wages that improve living standards.

You have not explained how this would be achieved, nor have you given any examples of countries where this is successfully achieved and how it is achieved.

One additional question on this utopia. How does it promote technology advancements which would reduce the need for labour in that sector.

As an example on Chinese railwaysthey previously employed thousands of workers to stand by the track at regular distances holding a flag to wave the train through.

In terms of wages in this example it doesn't matter whether more or less trains run as the worker with the flag will still be paid to be by the track.
The Chinese then decide to introduce autonatic signalling So that signals replace all The flag track workers.
You now have thousands and thousands of unemployed workers whose only skill is to wave a flag when a train arrives.
So what do you do with these workers that arenow out if work. Do you have to pay them benefits to thesame level of their pay justtosit at home.
Or Do you say that there are vacancies in a town 250 miles away whete you will be retrained. However the ex track workers dont want to change areas.

How woyld your utopia deal with this?

You really need to move on.

It is an absolute fact that the EU's freedom of movement principle means that the UK Govt cannot control the supply of labour within the UK.

The consequences of this principle in the UK, which has seen millions of EU citizens move here are a undoubtedly a primary motive for why millions of voters chose leave.

Gaining control of who can reside and work in the UK provides the opportunity for the UK Government to manage that flow.

This is a very good development if you care about protecting the interests of British workers from foreign workers competing for work.

If freedom of movement or open borders was such a clear economic and social benefit for Governments then there would be a border free world beyond the EU. There isn't, even the most capitalist country in the world controls who can reside and work there.

You are on the wrong side of the argument..........outside the EU what countries do you think you can you move to and legally work tomorrow?

daveinprague

Oct 1, 2009
Prague, Czech Republic
The only reason they want a final say on any deal is so they can delay things, so people like Blair, Farron and all the others who don't respect the original vote by the people get their second referendum, once that date is set for the second referendum their grotty little machines will get in to action, and that will be used to scaremonger people again hoping the result goes the other way. Need to stop treating Leave voters like ****ing idiots, the people decided, respect the vote and move on.

Why would Brexiteers fear a second referendum?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here