[Politics] Brexit

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
He can not help himself, he suggests all 17m, then and puts alongside the words "neo-fascist chums", then suggests it is not really all of us (17m) .
I shall not be watching it, the people of France, Holland etc will make up their OWN minds and vote accordingly...... i voted in the UK and for the interests of the UK as i felt fit.
I find Marine Le Pen a very likable woman regardless of your political beliefs. Same with Farage. Both have charisma in abundance. Can't say the same for Geert Wilders though.

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
I don't know about Marine Le Pen, but I do know her niece Marion Marchal-Le Pen is adorable.

3540639-legislatives-marion-le-pen-candidate-du-fn-a-carpentras.jpg

Lincoln Imp

Feb 2, 2009
I'd like him to call me a right wing neo fascist/ racist. Considering I have mixed race in my family. What is it with these 'Tolerant' Liberals. They don't get what they want and become far from 'Tolerant '. Your a racist/fascist they shout and they perceive themselves to be the intelligent ones. Brexit......racists. Trump wins racists. Grow up. You sometimes don't get what you want.

Oh dear. It was a Brexiter keen to take offence that raised the issue of right wing neo fascists, not me. I have never shouted "Your a racist/fascist" at anyone. In fact I don't think I've ever called anyone anything wounding on this thread, unless you include suggesting Soulman might be American. I wouldn't claim to be intelligent but I would claim to be tolerant; tolerant enough to be vaguely amused when one of your fellow Brexiters suggested I was a blood-sodden hypocritical moron.

Lincoln Imp

Feb 2, 2009
So why suggest 17M of us will all want to be glued to the TV when Marine Le Penn and her neo-fascist chums are on?

Apologies GT49er but this has been dealt with so many times that I really can't be troubled to give a full explanation. Suffice to say that (a) the '17m I suppose' reference was a light satirical aside on the reasons given by hard Brexiters for people voting as they did, and (b) tonight's TV programme is about the possibility of the EU falling apart and it was because of that that I mentioned it. The issue of neo-fascism was dreamt up by a Brexit person who, I suppose, wanted to be offended.

melias shoes

Oct 14, 2010
Oh dear. It was a Brexiter keen to take offence that raised the issue of right wing neo fascists, not me. I have never shouted "Your a racist/fascist" at anyone. In fact I don't think I've ever called anyone anything wounding on this thread, unless you include suggesting Soulman might be American. I wouldn't claim to be intelligent but I would claim to be tolerant; tolerant enough to be vaguely amused when one of your fellow Brexiters suggested I was a blood-sodden hypocritical moron.

It was aimed at remainers as a whole not you individually.

Lincoln Imp

Feb 2, 2009
Its your victim card.
Adjust it how you like and play it when you want.

It's always a shame when someone loses it and it is a pity you descended that far. But in the circumstances I am more amused than bothered. Is it a label? Yes - of you though, rather than me.

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
It's always a shame when someone loses it and it is a pity you descended that far. But in the circumstances I am more amused than bothered. Is it a label? Yes - of you though, rather than me.

I guess i have still lost it then because I stand by what I said 100%

Merkel oversaw a policy that made the already out of control refugee crisis turn critical.
Her decision was one of the most moronic made by a leader this century.
Those that supported her by waving their refugees welcome signs, laying pressure on governments to open the floodgates and change the rules are by extension morons as well on this issue.
Encouraging and enabling even more travel by death trap boats , which directly led to drownings, whilst claiming at the same time to be concerned about refugee welfare is absurdly hypocritical.
It is an uncomfortable truth for some that their hands are soaked in blood.

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting
A load of bollox from a crap source.

EURO COLLAPSE: Italy to QUIT EUROZONE in final nail of coffin for EU, warns top economist
ITALY could be set to pull out of the Eurozone in what would be the final nail in the European Union's (EU) coffin, Greece’s former finance minister has warned.
Yanis Varoufakis said there was an “epidemic” among countries using the single currency, with Italy the next to fall foul of Brussels’ economic malaise.

He also said Brexit would “speed up” the break-down of the bloc - before making a dig at Jeremy Corbyn.

In a fiery interview, to be shown by Al Jazeera TV tomorrow, the economist let loose at the European Union, seven years after the union bailed Greece out in controversial circumstances.
http://www.express.co.uk/news/world...european-union-yanis-varoufakis-greece-brexit

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
So are you saying that all remainers mistakenly think that all brexiteers are neofacists/racists?

In my personal experience, the percentage of remainers who believe that leave voters are thick right wing racists far exceeds the percentage of leavers who actually are!

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
I'm quite sure people had lots of different reasons for voting to leave; I don't suppose remainers were in complete unanimity about why they wanted to remain either. I don't think there can be much reasonable dispute about that.

So why suggest 17M of us will all want to be glued to the TV when Marine Le Penn and her neo-fascist chums are on?

Of course they did but someone who was arguing that most brexiteers voted for reasons other than the EU (because of vox pops) now seems to be claiming his position was just that people voted for many reasons. While predictably misrepresenting opposing views. Slippery customer.

To provoke a predictable reaction then with petticoats firmly clutched stagger to the chaise longe before swooning with a bout of the vapours. To be fair he's doing a great job getting the views to the million point.

Lincoln Imp

Feb 2, 2009
...someone who was arguing that most brexiteers voted for reasons other than the EU... now seems to be claiming his position was just that people voted for many reasons...

My view has always been that people voted Leave for many reasons, including plenty that were not directly connected to our membership of the EU. Please tell me what is slippery or contradictory about that.

PS: I loved your invective regarding me swooning with a bout of the vapours. This would be about people slinging insults in my direction I suppose, but check back if you want to - I've said more than once that I'm more amused than upset by them. I'll leave the hissy fits to those who dream up terms such as neo-fascists and then claim it's what people are calling them.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
In my personal experience, the percentage of remainers who believe that leave voters are thick right wing racists far exceeds the percentage of leavers who actually are!

Fair enough. But I think it's prudent to err on the side of caution and assume they are.

McTavish

Nov 5, 2014
Would you also accept that the percentage of leave voters who think that remainers are moaning bad losers unwilling to accept the will of the people far exceeds the percentage who actually are?

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Lord knows who buys the Express if your assumption is wrong - the Daily Hate was still blasting off about MIGRANTS on its front page this morning. Day after day after day after day...
I don't know who they are, but there are less than half a million of them according to the latest circulation figures. Rather puts a hole in your argument.......

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Would you also accept that the percentage of leave voters who think that remainers are moaning bad losers unwilling to accept the will of the people far exceeds the percentage who actually are?
No, I wouldn't, actually. Though I would agree that an increasing number of remoaners have accepted the facts and become just remainers - disappointed, I'm sure, but not pointlessly moaning about it any more. The recent votes in Parliament reflect this.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports