Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
British Guiana was a Crown Colony when Gina Miller was born there. She was born British.

Belize was too until 1981.

Thanks for clarity.

Perhaps May just wanted to make her first trip to the States and introduce herself as a monarch, we know how the Yanks love a bit of Royalty.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
so government has published the bill to grant power to invoke article 50. its pretty short:

Power to notify withdrawal from the EU

(1) The Prime Minister may notify, under Article 50(2) of the Treaty on European Union, the United Kingdom’s intention to withdraw from the EU.

(2) This section has effect despite any provision made by or under the European Communities Act 1972 or any other enactment.

now, how many amendments can you squeeze into that before it looks like you're trying to block the passage of the bill?

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Theresa May's pre-Trump comments remind of a pre-world cup Wayne Rooney.

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
Corbyn says he will impose a three line whip... interesting as several of his front bench have said they will refuse to vote for Article 50.

Billy in Bristol

Mar 25, 2004
Bristol
Loathe to step back into Brexit territory, however, the matter of MPs voting. If I recall the referendum results were announced constituency by constituency, so the MPs should vote as their constituents even if they were wrong / right depending on your view. So ignore the three line whips etc, and vote to reflect the local people you ACTUALLY represent.

Lincoln Imp

Feb 2, 2009
Loathe to step back into Brexit territory, however, the matter of MPs voting. If I recall the referendum results were announced constituency by constituency, so the MPs should vote as their constituents even if they were wrong / right depending on your view. So ignore the three line whips etc, and vote to reflect the local people you ACTUALLY represent.
That would simply see the vote distorted by our warped electoral system.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly

You are right but it won't happen, mob rule has taken over.

Lincoln Imp

Feb 2, 2009
But generally speaking, how is your morning going so far?

(PS: my light-hearted query about whether your English was prompted by your habitually unusual punctuation, and difficult-to-understand sentences such as: "...by identifying a murdering Geman drowning bitch, vile fracking cow, gives no crap about children drowning so long as they can make the long march." If you think that calling me a hypocritical moron with blood on my hands strengthens the Brexit argument, carry on.)

Typo corrected!

pb21

Apr 23, 2010

As far as I know the referendum results were announced by Local Authority area and not constituency (apart from Northern Ireland).

It makes the idea of MPs voting as per there local constituents wishes a bit more tricky!

Edit: Although there does seem to be some relevant data available:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Resul...rship_referendum,_2016#Result_by_Constituency

Last edited:

Albumen

Don't wait for me!
Jan 19, 2010
Brighton - In your face
Shadow minister Tulip Siddiq has resigned from the Labour frontbench, telling the Labour leader, Jeremy Corbyn, that she could not reconcile herself to the party’s three-line whip to vote for triggering article 50.

That three-lIne whip was never going to work.

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting
Encouraging, (look away if you are a gloomeister) Johannesburg – South Africa will continue to pursue bilateral and regional negotiations with the British government despite its exit from the European Union (EU), the Minister of Trade and Industry (the dti) Rob Davies said on Tuesday.

Speaking after his arrival from a two-day visit to the United Kingdom, Davies said the country's strategy post-Brexit was to concluded a free-trade agreement with Britain.
http://www.iol.co.za/business-report/sa-to-pursue-trade-agreements-with-uk-post-brexit-7494014

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here