Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
You calling somebody else odd?And a bit dim?Which personality told you to write that?Have you taken your tablets today?Sorry,that's probably enough questions to keep you occupied for a while.You go and lie down to think which of you is going to respond.:cry:

Something tells me I was right about you making people up eh! Grow up.

Blue3

Jan 27, 2014
Lancing
What has worried me about this Brexit process is the whole plan discussion and ultimately decision making process was to be with a few unelected (unelected by me) Tories and not your Normal Tories slightly right of Center but the frothing at the mouth dimwit very right wing Tories who do not represent many if any of my thoughts desires or hopes.

Since the court case And promised white paper I am hoping politicians that were elected by me will have a vote which in turn leads to a general election

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
Since the court case And promised white paper I am hoping politicians that were elected by me will have a vote which in turn leads to a general election

where upon more Tories will be returned to Parliament and nothing regarding Brexit will change.

Lincoln Imp

Feb 2, 2009
I know I shouldn't be watching Pointless but I just noticed that a third of the great British public apparently don't know what Europe's common currency is called. Depressing in the circumstances.

Jan 30, 2008
Brexiteers see any questioning of article 50 or any process that, regardless of it's crucial role in Brexit, appears to slow Brexit down as high treason and the taking over of democracy by a totalitarian regime. It's democratic process. It takes a bit of time. Honestly, bunch of thin skinned, whinging crybabies. It brings to mind a toddler whose been promised a treat and pesters their Mum for it all shopping trip.
You got your way, now please let the adults sit down and try to make the best of the shambles leave voters have made of the country. It will take a bit of time.
Nibble, the gift that keeps on giving :facepalm:
regards
DR

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
Well...the Radio 4 news this evening brings great news for the UK. The proposed US ambassador to the EU has said that the UK can have a trade deal within 90 days of leaving the EU and we are to be the go to country in Europe for the US with the new Trump administration regarding the EU as bloated and geared mainly towards helping the Germany economy. Apparently they will work towards removing supranational trade deals and work with nation states for bilateral agreements. He's already shot TTIP out of the water much to the chagrin of the EU, he's talking about starting building that wall within months so Trump does look like he's putting his money where his mouth is - this augurs well for a future UK/US deal.

He also said that he thinks the Euro could collapse soon (but we all knew that anyway).

Jan 30, 2008
Well...the Radio 4 news this evening brings great news for the UK. The proposed US ambassador to the EU has said that the UK can have a trade deal within 90 days of leaving the EU and we are to be the go to country in Europe for the US with the new Trump administration regarding the EU as bloated and geared mainly towards helping the Germany economy. Apparently they will work towards removing supranational trade deals and work with nation states for bilateral agreements. He's already shot TTIP out of the water much to the chagrin of the EU, he's talking about starting building that wall within months so Trump does look like he's putting his money where his mouth is - this augurs well for a future UK/US deal.

He also said that he thinks the Euro could collapse soon (but we all knew that anyway).
yep, win, win, win, without the add on's
regards
DR

BigGully

Sep 8, 2006
Leaving the EU effects everyone

Which political UK decision never effects anyone ??

You and others have found a mindset that is surreal and makes you say silly things, its really not that unique, a vote, a winner, a loser and the winners expecting implementation of the consequence of their vote whilst the losers feel a little bit aggrieved, its no biggie, but c'mon stop being dumb.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly

90 days eh, well that will be a trade deal that only benefits the US.

I heard the guys comment about shorting the Euro, unbelieveable

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
90 days eh, well that will be a trade deal that only benefits the US.

Got to love the determination of Remainers always to assume the worst.

Brexit will bring immediate recession and emergency budget. This didn't happen.
EU will undoubtedly play hard ball. EU negotiators indicate otherwise.
Future trade deals will take years. Apparently not.

And now we're being told that a future trade deal with a US who are bending over backwards to renew the special relationship with the UK will only benefit the US. Righto! If you say so.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
What has worried me about this Brexit process is the whole plan discussion and ultimately decision making process was to be with a few unelected (unelected by me) Tories and not your Normal Tories slightly right of Center but the frothing at the mouth dimwit very right wing Tories who do not represent many if any of my thoughts desires or hopes.

Here we go again. Remoaner complaining the Leave is the domain of frothing at the mouth dimwits. Any wonder that even many who voted to remain are now hoping these remoaners will shut up and get on with lifw outside the EU.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
I know I shouldn't be watching Pointless but I just noticed that a third of the great British public apparently don't know what Europe's common currency is called. Depressing in the circumstances.

And even fewer as the failing project becomes less relevant to the UK. Still, I expect it will be in the GCSE history syllabus in 2050 or thereabouts!

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
I can see the US agreeing to a swift and favourable trade deal with the UK once we have left the EU as a means of creating tension among the other EU members. If the UK are seen to be able to get a better deal outside the EU then the whole European project is doomed, no matter what Germany want.

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
Its just Remainers getting in a tizzy MkII, when it was the original challenge some honestly thought the decision would be reversed, now they are getting all excited because they are hoping for a Brexit without the exit, it will soon blow over soon with a hard brexit duly delivered.

Interestingly Remainers initially started to cite parliament sovereignty and due process as paramount at the time of original challenge, all of course in the name of democracy (all nonesense) and now seem less keen on it as Labour no longer feel justified to go agianst their own constituates.

So ultimately a complete and utter waste of time, article 50 will be triggered, soley due to the referendum and the votes cast and really there was never going to be any other outcome, we might have to put up with Sturgeon and Farron for a few weeks on our TV sets, which in itself makes me loathe Gina Miller even more, but the process was driven by the majority vote, it delivered what it promised and there is now no going back, roll on Brexit.

have to disagree on that slight point.:)
The appeal has been money well spent, every single penny of it, even if the gov knew they were going to lose.

The Supreme Court in making its determination agreed with the High Court decision last year that initiating Article 50 and pulling the trigger is irreversible once we start the process...... its a one way ticket to leaving and being OUT.

It might seem a minor point now but in two years time when the backsliders will no doubt be saying the deal is poor we didnt really mean it, can we just stay in anyway, here is our Article 50 resignation back or contemplating another legal challenge,or even calling for a general election to "really" sort it out they will have this Court determination to think about.

Once 50 is started we will eventually be OUT. Get your bunting ready.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Got to love the determination of Remainers always to assume the worst.

Brexit will bring immediate recession and emergency budget. This didn't happen. - Brexit hasn't happened yet, though I doubt we're have the emergency budget, borrow instead

EU will undoubtedly play hard ball. EU negotiators indicate otherwise. - Yes and so will we, but there are 27 of them

Future trade deals will take years. Apparently not. - With New Zealand it might be quick

And now we're being told that a future trade deal with a US who are bending over backwards to renew the special relationship with the UK will only benefit the US. Righto! If you say so.

See my comments above.

Look forward to a great deal with the free trade Yanks, though they can keep their sh1t food and cars

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here