Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

Lincoln Imp

Feb 2, 2009
Not sure how I was playing the victim card, I don’t even consider myself “old” at all and part of the group I was commenting on.
I never said simply noting the demographics amounted to vile demonization, those are your words not mine.
But I wonder what sort of bubble you live in if you didn’t notice some of the abuse flying towards older voters after the referendum. Its more bizarre you don’t consider stuff like this vile?

View attachment 79976

View attachment 79977

View attachment 79978

Consider the history here. There had been a half-arsed suggestion that the act of pointing out that older people are more likely to be ill than younger ones amounts to 'blaming' them. Your comment about vile demonisation of the elderly came in a post supporting this claim. I said that this was crazy. For you to then spin this into a suggestion that I don't think that the appalling attacks on Leave voters (cited AFTER my post) are vile is just schoolboy yahboo stuff I'm afraid. Of course I think that the examples you gave are horrible. I hope you will decry the the bullying intimidation and acts of violence perpetrated by Brexit supporters but given your record in the give-and-take of this debate I somehow doubt it.

brighton fella

Mar 20, 2009
...but not as disgusting as things - some far worse than words - perpetrated by certain Leave supporters during and since the referendum. Witness the threats of violence and intimidation during the current legal proceedings - they're only going in one direction - and the soaring hate crimes since before June 23. We shouldn't judge most Leavers and Remainers by the behaviour of the extremes and I don't intend to but it is a bit rich for NSC Leave campaigners, on the back of a ludicrous misinterpretation regarding referendum demographics, to attempt to take the moral high ground.

A rise in hate crimes !!!....your taking the media way to serious mate, would this be the same media who up until now and throughout the lead-up to the referendum had bent over backwards to help promote the in campaign and just about everything it stood for. ? they even had the audacity during the debates to claim that they were impartial ..which thank goodness the majority of public had the good sense to see through and realize otherwise.. no disrespect to you mate but only the gullible would take what they actually say as gospel..

They've been caught lying before so what makes you so sure they weren't on this particular occasion. .. ,

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
A rise in hate crimes !!!....your taking the media way to serious mate, would this be the same media who up until now and throughout the lead-up to the referendum had bent over backwards to help promote the in campaign and just about everything it stood for. ? they even had the audacity during the debates to claim that they were impartial ..which thank goodness the majority of public had the good sense to see through and realize otherwise.. no disrespect to you mate but only the gullible would take what they actually say as gospel..

They've been caught lying before so what makes you so sure they weren't on this particular occasion. .. ,

Data from 31 police forces showed that 1,546 racially or religiously aggravated offences were recorded in the two weeks up to and including the day of the referendum on June 23.

But in the fortnight immediately after the poll, the number climbed by almost half to 2,241.

In September, the National Police Chiefs’ Council released figures which showed the number of incidents rose by 58 per cent in the week following the vote to leave the EU.

There was a swastika with heil hitler written on a wall in Crawley last week, so we are getting to a state were people are so brazen they think shit like that is acceptable.

brighton fella

Mar 20, 2009
Data from 31 police forces showed that 1,546 racially or religiously aggravated offences were recorded in the two weeks up to and including the day of the referendum on June 23.

But in the fortnight immediately after the poll, the number climbed by almost half to 2,241.

In September, the National Police Chiefs’ Council released figures which showed the number of incidents rose by 58 per cent in the week following the vote to leave the EU.

There was a swastika with heil hitler written on a wall in Crawley last week, so we are getting to a state were people are so brazen they think shit like that is acceptable.

And who do the police answer to ?? the same governing bodies that the media do..
I rest my case.

cunning fergus

Jan 18, 2009

You have a point, some people sure have a problem with democracy............little wonder the hate crime rate went up........

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-new...en-remain-voter-9047676#ICID=sharebar_twitter

https://www.buzzfeed.com/alanwhite/...-in-the-wake-o?utm_term=.liGYrXEPb#.evd5eYvKl

Mental Lental

Jul 5, 2003
Shiki-shi, Saitama
but given your record in the give-and-take of this debate I somehow doubt it.

There's a lot of that on here. I wouldn't really class this threadnaught as a "debate" anymore. I've most certainly given up trying.

brighton fella

Mar 20, 2009
:laugh: this is the post facts world we live in now, so what's the point arguing with these people. Complete ignorance.

Facts when almost all of them overtime have been proved wrong, there have been many but what would be the point in explaining them to someone as gullible and ignorant as you.

You carry on believing everything you hear from these so called credible people,,, that way the growing public if for nothing else have something to laugh at..

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
Facts when almost all of them overtime have been proved wrong, there have been many but what would be the point in explaining them to someone as gullible and ignorant as you.

You carry on believing everything you hear from these so called credible people,,, that way the growing public if for nothing else have something to laugh at..

Almost all facts have been proven wrong? Yeah nice one. Look up the definition if a fact eh.

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
Parliament voted in favour of triggering article 50. Did I miss something?! Isn't that what the supreme court battle was about? Can someone help me figure this out.

It is a little sneaky amendment by May, they have not voted to trigger exactly, just when to do it. May will have to provide detail of her aims to Parliament, and the eventual deal will have to be accepted or rejected by Parliament. A rejection would not result in remaining, it would result in leaving without a deal, a hard Brexit. It would have to be a really shitty deal for Parliament to reject under those conditions, unless there was a sniff of forcing a general election.
The Supreme court decision is still relevant though, as it stands, once Parliament has detail from May, it is possible they could refuse to go ahead with that plan, or force additional objectives into it. If the Supreme court overturns the earlier decision, then parliament can look at her plan, but she can go ahead with it, whether they like it or not, and the plan is likely to be less detailed.

Mental Lental

Jul 5, 2003
Shiki-shi, Saitama
It is a little sneaky amendment by May, they have not voted to trigger exactly, just when to do it. May will have to provide detail of her aims to Parliament, and the eventual deal will have to be accepted or rejected by Parliament. A rejection would not result in remaining, it would result in leaving without a deal, a hard Brexit. It would have to be a really shitty deal for Parliament to reject under those conditions, unless there was a sniff of forcing a general election.
The Supreme court decision is still relevant though, as it stands, once Parliament has detail from May, it is possible they could refuse to go ahead with that plan, or force additional objectives into it. If the Supreme court overturns the earlier decision, then parliament can look at her plan, but she can go ahead with it, whether they like it or not, and the plan is likely to be less detailed.

Thanks for clearing that up.

PWxP3ch.gif

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here