Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
never mind the pension , what about all that N.I.C we've paid, all going to good cause
regards
DR

True,besides If wages keep going down we might not have to pay it one day :whistle:

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
Why would you need a visa? I don't need a visa to go to Switzerland.

Currently as Switzerland has agreed to free movement as part of their free trade agreement with the EU. On the basis that leavers are demanding border controls and Amber Rudd is saying EU citizens living in the UK will need ID are we have left, I would stand by for needing a visa for Switzerland post Brexit.

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
but we're "paying" for it in another way............." health care tourists" , ANOTHER POSITIVE OF FREEDOM OF MOVEMENT
regards
DR

They wont say that (remain) ....you are right.

Jan 30, 2008
Currently as Switzerland has agreed to free movement as part of their free trade agreement with the EU. On the basis that leavers are demanding border controls and Amber Rudd is saying EU citizens living in the UK will need ID are we have left, I would stand by for needing a visa for Switzerland post Brexit.
COULDN'T YOU JUST BUNG THEM A TENNER AT PASSPORT CONTROL :whistle:
regards
DR

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
See the papers are at it again this morning tearing into judges, contempt of court?

I trust the government's defence is being funded by Tory party funds and not public coffers?

Last edited:

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Why would you need a visa? I don't need a visa to go to Switzerland. More panic/scaremongering on the basis of knowing very little.

What, now? Or in the future?

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
but we're "paying" for it in another way............." health care tourists" , ANOTHER POSITIVE OF FREEDOM OF MOVEMENT
regards
DR

NHS has the right to bill the home country, it just doesn't bother to do it very often. Many Brits opt to not wait for NHS appointments and go to other EU countries for treatment, the NHS is then billed by that countries health care system, or the patient can reclaim payments from NHS.
There are cases of foreign nationals impersonating UK residents, but these are mostly from the commonwealth and often do it with the assistance of a doctor willing to take a bung, for stating he has checked the patients credentials. That won't go away.

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
only because it doesn't affect their cosy little life ,some other thick northern racists can put up with it :rolleyes:
regards
DR
Go on to a site in London and see how many southern electricians are on the job versus northerners, bloody migrants pushing the wage down, pushing the price of bed and breakfasts up, and they all piss off early on Fridays.

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley

bha100

Aug 25, 2011
Does anyone know the recent deal the EU did with Canada involve freedom of movement between the EU and Canada?

D

Deleted member 22389

Does anyone know the recent deal the EU did with Canada involve freedom of movement between the EU and Canada?

CETA does not involve Canada paying into the EU budget or signing up to EU rules on the free movement of people in return for increased market access.

So if Canada can get something like this, why can't we.

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012

CETA does not involve Canada paying into the EU budget or signing up to EU rules on the free movement of people in return for increased market access.

Free movement is likely to be a bit less of an issue (deliberate understatement) between the EU and Canada than it is between the EU and Britain - 3000 miles as opposed to 21 and expensive airfares.

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting
Go on to a site in London and see how many southern electricians are on the job versus northerners, bloody migrants pushing the wage down, pushing the price of bed and breakfasts up, and they all piss off early on Fridays.
.[/QUOTE

They all "pissed off early on Fridays" because like I used to, they work an extra hour a day to cover it.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut

I suspect we can and I would imagine the EU would be happy to have such a deal.

My concerns would be that the main area of UK exports (services, especially financial services) is predominantly excluded from CETA, as is food and agriculture.

Canada's main exports are natural resources such as gold, and these are not particularly impacted by WTO tariffs, which are the default alternative to a FTA.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here