Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

5ways

Sep 18, 2012
so its scare story then, sourced from no10. the background facts don't match either way.

Positive story = obvious, I can't believe you don't see this.

Negative story = Scaremongering piffle from no 10, disregard and ignore la la la la la

cunning fergus

Jan 18, 2009
I didn't say that all bankers are dutifully paying their taxes. You are once again deploying your technique of attacking people for saying what they didn't say. For the record, I simply said that the City pays a lot of tax. Are you arguing with this?

So, because the city pays a lot of tax we must do their bidding in this debate because if we don't they will pack their bags and head off to somewhere more tax convenient?

Not a great argument is it, especially given their track record on joining the euro, mortgage lending, PPI, sub prime lending.

Remind me, how much is the taxpayer in hock to this new aristocracy that knew best back in the noughties?

Not just the 100bn plus bailout but everything else that went with it, QE for example?

Who benefitted from that swizz?

Not the working class sunshine that's for sure......but you are prepared to forgive and go lemming like straight over the cliff with them again. They know best.......know your place.

Lincoln Imp

Feb 2, 2009
So, because the city pays a lot of tax we must do their bidding in this debate because if we don't they will pack their bags and head off to somewhere more tax convenient?

Not a great argument is it, especially given their track record on joining the euro, mortgage lending, PPI, sub prime lending.

Remind me, how much is the taxpayer in hock to this new aristocracy that knew best back in the noughties?

Not just the 100bn plus bailout but everything else that went with it, QE for example?

Who benefitted from that swizz?

Not the working class sunshine that's for sure......but you are prepared to forgive and go lemming like straight over the cliff with them again. They know best.......know your place.
And again... No, it's not a good argument but it's not an argument I put forward. I was simply suggesting that the City pays a lot of tax and that if some of that tax revenue is lost as a result of Brexit then that is something to be borne in mind. If you regard the potential loss of part of the country's tax base as relatively unimportant then fine - we all regard different things as important.

The Fifth Column

Retired ex-cop
Nov 30, 2010
Escaped from Corruption
A report out yesterday in the British Medical Journal suggested that a Brexit could cause cancer! Eminent bullshitologist Dr Cluster Muntfuttock said that cancer growth cells would be triggered by enzymes released by the feelgood factor in voting to leave the EU and warned against voting out stating that out voters could expect to see their life expectancy halved.

In another study sponsored by the Daily Mail, experts claimed that voting to leave the EU would result in Paedo nonces being housed in your street, yes your street, probably next door actually perhaps even being forceably housed in your spare room or in with the kids.

Stark warnings there! I'm not risking it.

The Birdman

Nov 30, 2008
Haywards Heath
Will see if Europe votes for the UK in the Eurovision Song Contest if they don't sod them let's leave.bugger the recession the pound sliding ,houses marketing crashing etc .

Lincoln Imp

Feb 2, 2009
Will see if Europe votes for the UK in the Eurovision Song Contest if they don't sod them let's leave.bugger the recession the pound sliding ,houses marketing crashing etc .

OMG a decent reason for voting for Brexit. Any more stuff like this and I'll have to change my mind.

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015

They never do, so you know where to place your x !

Another slightly more serious benchmark could be seeing how much they valued our membership and Net £Billions by all the concessions Cameron got in his keep us in at all costs negotiations ...oh. :shrug:

You'd have thought they would have at least let us have more control of our borders to help stop Europe wide economic meltdown,break up of the EU, fatal weakening of the west, WW3 etc.

Anyone would think they always knew they could scare and mislead the UK electorate so a few crumbs for Cameron would do ....

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here