Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

Brighton Mod

Its All Too Beautiful
[MENTION=26606]Brighton Mod[/MENTION]. Unless you can square your comment with [MENTION=11928]vegster[/MENTION]s I will assume you are a nasty selfish and insensitive piece of work. I'll give you the morning to do so.

Not quite sure what your trying to say, apparently because I have a different opinion to you i am ' a nasty selfish and insensitive piece of work?' I have received two rather spiteful replies two my text with both posters neither knowing me, is it any wonder that the silent majority kept their thoughts to themselves during Brexit. There's actually something quite disturbing about the way in which some vote remainers have behaved subsequently and on here.

Behind Enemy Lines

Jul 18, 2003
London
So Farage helps take us out of the EU under the clarion call of " taking back control" yet now plans to move to the United States. Even by his own sewer scavenging standards this is unbelievable.

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
So Farage helps take us out of the EU under the clarion call of " taking back control" yet now plans to move to the United States. Even by his own sewer scavenging standards this is unbelievable.

How you can personally abuse somebody you have never met in such a disgusting manner reflects very badly on you.I thought you and your ilk were supporters of free movement!When he moves,he will show himself to be a much braver person than all the liars from Remain who were going here,there,and everywhere.Don't suppose any other country would want them,anyway.:wave:

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting
Not quite sure what your trying to say, apparently because I have a different opinion to you i am ' a nasty selfish and insensitive piece of work?' I have received two rather spiteful replies two my text with both posters neither knowing me, is it any wonder that the silent majority kept their thoughts to themselves during Brexit. There's actually something quite disturbing about the way in which some vote remainers have behaved subsequently and on here.

Well said. Being called a nasty piece of work is pretty standard reply from HT. His arrogance has probably crept in over time spent in Germany.
As you say, the silent "minority" became the majority.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla

I think you meant to say "voters" at the end rather than "vote remainers" as it is pretty obvious to all that there have been some pretty nasty comments on NSC about this issue from all sides of the debate.

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015

Yes unbelievable because apparently it isn't true. The Times journalistic credibility standards are getting on a par with economists/OBR accuracy in forecasting ...

The Times today has another exclusive which is likely to remain exclusive. They claim Nigel Farage is planning to abandon it in favour of a new life in the United States. Nigel says it is “utter nonsense”.

This is of a pattern, in the last week alone we have had; the “Deloitte Cabinet Brexit Memo” that turned out to be nothing of the sort, the Whitehall think tank that The Times reported as warning Brexit was an “existential threat” that angrily denied making the warning. The thread that ties all this lapsing into fake news is that they are anti-Brexit and UKIP.

There is a difference between having news with views, readers can deal with a publication having a slant, most manifestly do even if they claim to be independent. In a free society The Times is entitled to be Europhile, just as it was entitled to be pro-appeasement in the 1930s. The pattern of recent fake news from the paper is of a kind that suggests journalists are under pressure from the editor to create stories that fit the agenda. If they fall apart on publication the fake news isn’t advancing the editor’s agenda, it is just damaging the paper’s reputation…

http://order-order.com/

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
Yes unbelievable because apparently it isn't true. The Times journalistic credibility standards are getting on a par with economists/OBR accuracy in forecasting ...

The Times today has another exclusive which is likely to remain exclusive. They claim Nigel Farage is planning to abandon it in favour of a new life in the United States. Nigel says it is “utter nonsense”.

This is of a pattern, in the last week alone we have had; the “Deloitte Cabinet Brexit Memo” that turned out to be nothing of the sort, the Whitehall think tank that The Times reported as warning Brexit was an “existential threat” that angrily denied making the warning. The thread that ties all this lapsing into fake news is that they are anti-Brexit and UKIP.

There is a difference between having news with views, readers can deal with a publication having a slant, most manifestly do even if they claim to be independent. In a free society The Times is entitled to be Europhile, just as it was entitled to be pro-appeasement in the 1930s. The pattern of recent fake news from the paper is of a kind that suggests journalists are under pressure from the editor to create stories that fit the agenda. If they fall apart on publication the fake news isn’t advancing the editor’s agenda, it is just damaging the paper’s reputation…

It was in The Mail too - http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...ng-quitting-UK-moving-America-freer-life.html

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
I've never heard whingeing such as is coming from the remoaners, desperate for things to go wrong, but utterly disappointed as we see inflation falling, unemployment down, borrowing down and high street spending up. Yet the left leaning media come sup with, but the experts say that its going to go wrong, Just in Time the former Sainsbury boss tells us that food will go up 5% and the knowledge void Sky reporters tell us that we're in for a hard time.
Why not ask the average man, venture into a sink estate, go onto the factory line or trudge onto a building site and ask real people what they think and want, because the British and I include the Polish and Albanian workers I have see it very differently from the experts. The more this propaganda from the media continues the more resolute the Brexiteers become. If I was to go to war again, I wouldn't be taking any remainers with me, no stomach,no resolve and unable to take an order. Looking forward to Brexit, can't wait for article 50 to be invoked.

Heard the one about the Irish turkey?

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008

I think he has discounted the rumours about him emigrating, however, I believe he is still claiming his MEP's salary despite not attending.

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
Whilst I think we can agree that the OBR is more likely to be wrong than right, I don't think either of us can be confident in them under or over estimating the problem.

Yes we can agree but I am confident they are overdoing the gloom because it is the safer option for their reputation/credibility. Few people remember bad predictions if events turn out better than expected but if they make a more positive forecast and it all goes tits up (see their previous predictions) ... they get it in the neck.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008

See also, Murdoch, R

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
Yes apparently the Times now has similar journalistic standards to The Daily Mail.

I beg to differ.

FullSizeRender-26-485x302.jpg

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
Depends on your definition of similar. The judges aren't enemies of the people, it wasn't a Cabinet Brexit memo, the Institute of Government didn't warn of an existential (Brexit) threat and Farage has supposedly said reports of him starting a new life in the US are "utter nonsense".

Have you read the article in The Times today? It merely says 'friends' of Farage have said he wants to move to The US as he and his family have a difficult life here now. I agree it's obviously a rubbish article, as I can't believe Farage has any friends...............

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Yes the man that owns The Times. I thought Murdoch, R was pro Brexit?

Yes, he is Pro Brexit so this is a little odd, however, he does usually have an agenda and has often pushed editors to do his bidding.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here