Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

alfredmizen

Banned
Mar 11, 2015
I hope Farage likes Jungle style camps in his Kentish garden. :whistle:

Still, as everyone now accepts, the BBC is full of Liberal Elite bias. About time it started taking advertising. "This week's episode of Have I Got News For You was brought to you in conjunction with the Daily Mail". That sort of thing. That'd soon see an end to these sorts of scare story.
Lets hope they start turning up on YOUR doorstep , we'll soon see you change your tune then.

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead

So a 'close ally of the presidential front runner' says this 'will definitely happen' and you and the BBC present it in such a manner that it seems it has happened. Let me know if and when the actual French president says similar.
I think you may have reacted to this 'story' a little too hastily....it's all a little ironic in a week where there has been much discussion of the Daily Mail presenting opinion as fact....

Last edited:

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
NSC's leading Brexit boys KNEW it wouldn't happen well before that.
They knew that something that hasn't happened wouldn't happen? Has it happened?

In any case, apart from the remainers triumphalism about this which is a little odd, if this policy does happen, surely it just demonstrates again why we need to be shot of the EU. I thought the French were supposed to be our friends?

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
They knew that something that hasn't happened wouldn't happen? Has it happened?

In any case, apart from the remainers triumphalism about this which is a little odd, if this policy does happen, surely it just demonstrates again why we need to be shot of the EU. I thought the French were supposed to be our friends?

Any incoming French president can consider reneging on the Le Touquet agreement. If they act against British interests then it is likely that our Government will exact a price they are unwilling to pay. It is international diplomacy and an election campaign....it is interesting that the centre right and pro EU candidate's advisor is talking in hostile terms while the NF are saying the opposite and pointing out that there will be many drowned if the border is moved. Perhaps the pro EU lobby really have become one issue (the EU) obsessives ?

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
If anything this will show everyone what a shit state the EU borders are in. Secondly this shouldn't be used as an excuse to delay brexit. Whilst these people are also in France we have no legal obligation to take anyone.

Pretty funny. They let migrants into their country. They let them travel across their country. They don't register any of them. They let them set up camp in Calais for years. They don't like having a camp there. They blame the British. And now they threaten to remove the border.

The only reason the camp is there is because we're so much more competent at controlling our borders than they are. And their proposed solution, rather than taking control of their own borders, is to try to undermine ours. Having failed to prevent the problem they now try to offload it onto someone else.

It is ridiculous and hilarious how the French try to make their internal issue someone else's problem.

They won't close the border. Remember what their farmers did when we rejected their beef?

So, if I've got this right we voted leave to take back control of our own borders. We're going to do this by insisting that border starts in EU Calais and not British Dover. Is that correct?

yxee

Oct 24, 2011
Manchester
So, if I've got this right we voted leave to take back control of our own borders. We're going to do this by insisting that border starts in EU Calais and not British Dover. Is that correct?

No, that's not correct. The EU has nothing to do with Le Touquet agreement.

One random French guy is just linking them due to his internal politics.

And now everyone's losing the plot.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
No, that's not correct. The EU has nothing to do with Le Touquet agreement.

One random French guy is just linking them due to his internal politics.

And now everyone's losing the plot.

So you believe in leaving the EU but also leaving our border in the EU?

alfredmizen

Banned
Mar 11, 2015
It'd be your doorstep too. Time for another spot of white flight then eh?

When they start turning up on the doorsteps of people in haywards Heath and brighton the previously compassionate and inclusive residents would be booting down the door of the local mp demanding action , and things would get done,the previously compassionate and inclusive residents of these places only feel that way when its poor people in London who have the chance to live in a wonderful melting pot.

Lincoln Imp

Feb 2, 2009
When they start turning up on the doorsteps of people in haywards Heath and brighton the previously compassionate and inclusive residents would be booting down the door of the local mp demanding action , and things would get done,the previously compassionate and inclusive residents of these places only feel that way when its poor people in London who have the chance to live in a wonderful melting pot.
Yes, I suppose this is why all these poor London people voted Out.

alfredmizen

Banned
Mar 11, 2015
Yes, I suppose this is why all these poor London people voted Out.

Or you could also use the fact that white British are now a minority in London to come to another conclusion about the remain majority vote in London , yes ?

Mental Lental

Jul 5, 2003
Shiki-shi, Saitama

Yes yes, hordes of Eastern European migrants are just champing at the bit to come to suburban British gardens and start smashing up our garden gnomes. We know.

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here