Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
You made me read it.

I felt there were many points that showed their impartiality and resolve, not a damning verdict that you interpreted it as.

Somehow the 'openly gay' quote that you wrote as some kind of smear wasnt at all, it seems he made history by being the first openly gay judge to be made a Lord Justice of Appeal, although I am not sure the relevance of his sexuality to his rise in the judiciary.

But unless I missed something I actually do not know what offended you so much about the piece, accepting it was a swipe at them and their decision but otherwise seemed not to discredit them at all, in fact having read their profiles I have some grudging respect on how they might have came to their decision yesterday.

Nobody can be this stupid. Oh.

W.C.

Oct 31, 2011
Totally agree. In the context of the murder of an MP a few months before, it's horrendous. How are any of us helped by this continual striving by one newspaper to drive wedges between people in society? It's a constant drip drip drip of sometimes subtle, mostly not very subtle attempts to highlight perceived/actual faults in people who aren't like "us" (whoever "we" are) and how they are to blame for the state we're in. Is this really the 21st Century?

Miller is getting the usual death threats from trolls on social media. Wouldn't have paid it much attention a year back. Not so easy to dismiss now.

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
Like a rising phoenix ...

_92250018_express.jpg

"a crisis as grave as anything since the dark days of Churchill vowed we will fight them on the beaches .... Truly, November 3,2016 was the day democracy died"

.... just the usual incisive measured response then :whistle:

I am surprised they did not manage to shoehorn a mention of Diana and the worst winter on record approaching.

Pogue Mahone

Apr 30, 2011
Totally agree. In the context of the murder of an MP a few months before, it's horrendous. How are any of us helped by this continual striving by one newspaper to drive wedges between people in society? It's a constant drip drip drip of sometimes subtle, mostly not very subtle attempts to highlight perceived/actual faults in people who aren't like "us" (whoever "we" are) and how they are to blame for the state we're in. Is this really the 21st Century?

Yep, and The Express front page is even more of a worry, if anyone is to take it seriously. It's basically a call to arms, and the comments online show that there are many who are foaming at the mouth, ready to respond.

This country is massively divided. It can only end badly.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Yep, and The Express front page is even more of a worry, if anyone is to take it seriously. It's basically a call to arms, and the comments online show that there are many who are foaming at the mouth, ready to respond.

Agreed. These papers will play to the Neanderthal element of the leave voters and stir up a storm. A paper made by ***** for *****.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
But you forgot to mention the headline in your post, not one word about it, righto.

What the **** are you talking about, you utter cretin?

I called out 'the Daily Mail front page'. In what twisted, straw-clutching, ridiculous dark corner of your brain, can that possibly NOT include the ****ing HEADLINE.

What a prick.

BigGully

Sep 8, 2006

A call to arms, are you for real, god how do you get out of bed in the morning ...................

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
This is utter blinkered tripe. There are many left and right wing people who are condemning this article. You've lost any respect I had for you.

Indeed. Reams of drivel without substance that is provided without evidence (or as in this case, a direct contradiction to what is). It is BigGully's modus operandi and always has been. He is the walking embodiment of somebody who thinks he's a LOT cleverer than he is, he is the right-wing equivalent of London Irish.

I mean look at this: that headline screams "ENEMIES OF THE PEOPLE". They are clearly not, they are simply enforcing the law of the land. What sort of idiot can't see that?

Nobody has even suggested Brexit is finished because of this ruling, but what it has done is confirm that if we must have it then the government of the day are accountable to parliament for the kind of Brexit we are getting. That's how a parliamentary democracy works. Indeed the only way I can see Brexit being derailed is if the LibDems get into power in 2020 as that is now the cornerstone of their manifesto.

But you forgot to mention the headline in your post, not one word about it, righto.
Good grief what a massive PRICK you are.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
'their' as in the judges impartiality and resolve, some people really can be that stupid, but its you .....

Is this the internet version of "I know you are, you said you are but what am I"?
Get a life.

BigGully

Sep 8, 2006
What the **** are you talking about, you utter cretin?

I called out 'the Daily Mail front page'. In what twisted, straw-clutching, ridiculous dark corner of your brain, can that possibly NOT include the ****ing HEADLINE.

What a prick.

No you said the front page and then the profiling of the judges, by the way tone down your abuse .........

smeg

Feb 11, 2013
BN13
'Enemies of the people', 'declared war on democracy' 'constitutional crisis'

Are these the words your are so offended by, a newspaper headline, really ??

Not offended just amused, "Enemies of the People" on a backdrop of the Union Jack flag is a complete joke, another right wing con to stir up the people they could care less about.

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum

Pogue Mahone

Apr 30, 2011
'Enemies of the people', 'declared war on democracy' 'constitutional crisis'

Are these the words your are so offended by, a newspaper headline, really ??

Bloody Hell...

Yes, it concerns me enormously that a national newspaper would call High Court Judges 'Enemies of the People' when all they have done is to make sure that Parliamentary Sovereignty is not by-passed. I also find it offensive that they have attempted to smear the individuals involved, despite your rosy interpretation of this fascist rag's commentary.

It's quite ironic that those people who claimed that they want laws decided by the UK Parliament are now arguing that the UK Parliament should not be able to discuss the issues involved.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here