Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Brewdog Brighton - it's happening - it's here!

pishhead

Jul 9, 2003
Everywhere
No address so far; all they have done is tweet a photo of the building. But, I gave it to a friend who works as a "location scout" and she has indentified it. It is on Oranenburgerstrasse in Mitte and 10 minutes walk from my apartment. Frau Tubthumper is now looking worried.

Oooh so quite near hackshcher hofe? Near where tacheles used to be?

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Oooh so quite near hackshcher hofe? Near where tacheles used to be?

It's the Tacheles end of Oranienburgerstrasse. It's the same side of the road and almost opposite where the former C&O Gallery building (the old post office) used to be.I'm well chuffed about this.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

pishhead

Jul 9, 2003
Everywhere
Hmmmm. One of these opened a hundred yards from my place in Hove. Not my cup of tea.

One is also opening next Tuesday in the old Blockbusters building on London rd. I'd suggest Brewdog looked into premises around London rd there seems to be loads happening at the moment. The rosehill tavern is up for sale at present.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
One is also opening next Tuesday in the old Blockbusters building on London rd. I'd suggest Brewdog looked into premises around London rd there seems to be loads happening at the moment. The rosehill tavern is up for sale at present.

Good point. Me and the Frau were sitting in Meat Liquor a few weeks back thinking there's change happening on London Rd

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
"Brighton, Oxford, Cambridge and Norwich

These are our other top target sites right now. We are spending a lot of time in all four checking out the available venues, but if you find an epic space please email jhickson@brewdog.com so he can hop on the next train and check it out!"

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
I'm more excited by the news that Dark Star are moving to bigger premises again.

" We're on the move again! Having outgrown our existing site, we are in the process of agreeing a deal on a new site local to us, in order to build a new brewery. Exciting times!

More blurb if you're interested (only cos someone will ask for an official comment):

The new site represents significant investment, but will provide us with sustainable efficiencies and scope to grow. It has been frustrating that up to now we’ve had to limit the range of beers we can offer because of space and we’ve had to make hard decisions to limit the distribution of our beers because of the lack of capacity.This is truly a hobby that got out of control, it can be difficult to explain but the Dark Star business is a vehicle that enables us to make beer; it’s the love of brewing that drives the business and not the other way around "- Paul Reed (Dark Star Headmaster)

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
We just got one here in Sheffield...

http://www.brewdog.com/bars/sheffield

It looks good but seeing as the rejuvenated Broadfield, always great Sheaf View and Thornbridge pub The Cross Scythes are all walking distance from my house it may be a while before I get round to visiting it.

A good addition to the city centre though which has lagged behind some other areas in the real ale department (in the "real ale capital of Britain" as some journalists have said at some point).

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
I seem to recall there is a Brewdog in Bristol, though sadly the haze of the night following last season's game prevent me from remembering whether we actually went in there. I suspect not.

Nail-Z? Bozza? Carrot Cruncher?

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
I seem to recall there is a Brewdog in Bristol, though sadly the haze of the night following last season's game prevent me from remembering whether we actually went in there. I suspect not.

@Nail-Z? Bozza? @Carrot Cruncher?

We did. It was the pub before the utter dive.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
We did. It was the pub before the utter dive.

Oh OK. I'm thinking of the one across the road then that we didn't go in. Something with fish in the name?

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003

Rich Suvner

Skint years RIP
Jul 17, 2003
Worthing

Nail-Z? Bozza? Carrot Cruncher?

Baldwin St by bridge and old market. Round the corner from Apple boat bar too.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Baldwin St by bridge and old market. Round the corner from Apple boat bar too.

Directions mean absolutely nothing to me. My knowledge of the centre of Bristol is roughly equivalent to my knowledge of St Petersburg. Especially after such a monumentally tortuous game of football necessitated the consumption of much cider.

Bozza reliably informs me- thanks to his local knowledge rather than his direct recollection, I imagine- that we did indeed venture into the Brewdog. The Fishmarket one is the one over the road that we didn't try (I can picture them in my mind, it's just the names that escaped me). You should have seen the utter dive pub that we spent the later hours into though. I don't think I've ever been in a pub that smelled quite so strongly of piss. Still, it was serving well into the small hours though, so...every cloud :thumbsup:

Rich Suvner

Skint years RIP
Jul 17, 2003
Worthing
Directions mean absolutely nothing to me. My knowledge of the centre of Bristol is roughly equivalent to my knowledge of St Petersburg. Especially after such a monumentally tortuous game of football necessitated the consumption of much cider.

Bozza reliably informs me- thanks to his local knowledge rather than his direct recollection, I imagine- that we did indeed venture into the Brewdog. The Fishmarket one is the one over the road that we didn't try (I can picture them in my mind, it's just the names that escaped me). You should have seen the utter dive pub that we spent the later hours into though. I don't think I've ever been in a pub that smelled quite so strongly of piss. Still, it was serving well into the small hours though, so...every cloud :thumbsup:

Recent stag do took me back to Bristol and all these places. I lived stones throw from where Brewdog now is when at uni decade ago. Great city with very cool places to go out. Equally some utter dives in there for the full on diversity you want from a good city! We were allowed in more of the latter on the stag do.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Recent stag do took me back to Bristol and all these places. I lived stones throw from where Brewdog now is when at uni decade ago. Great city with very cool places to go out. Equally some utter dives in there for the full on diversity you want from a good city! We were allowed in more of the latter on the stag do.

I like it very much. I was quite disappointed when City were relegated as it's one of the better away day destinations. Bearing in mind the last game was on a Tuesday night, that dive bar was very welcome indeed, as at least it meant we found somewhere open late. Don't imagine that would have happened if we'd been playing in Blackburn or Derby...

"Brighton, Oxford, Cambridge and Norwich

These are our other top target sites right now. We are spending a lot of time in all four checking out the available venues, but if you find an epic space please email jhickson@brewdog.com so he can hop on the next train and check it out!"

Email sent!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here