Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Brewdog Brighton - it's happening - it's here!

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
We are going from the station area so I was THINKING:

Trafalgar, Evening Star, Caxton Arms, Lord Nelson, Basketmakers, North Laine Brewary

About 0.9 miles until the TREK across to Brewdog.

Good shouts although not a big fan of the Caxton but it may have improved since I was last in there.

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
I'd skip the Nelson for the Pond, really not a fan of the new layout. Also would question the Caxton's inclusion but now I'm sticking my oar in.

pishhead

Jul 9, 2003
Everywhere
My choice from the station would be evening star, Nelson, Pond, Basketmakers, Brewdog, Bier Haus, black dove then finish up in the hand in hand.

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
I'd skip the Nelson for the Pond, really not a fan of the new layout. Also would question the Caxton's inclusion but now I'm sticking my oar in.

That's absolutely fair enough.

We were only targeting the Caxton as it's our pre-match pub but happy to miss it. May put the Pond in (never been there but just had a google and happy with that!)

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
My choice from the station would be evening star, Nelson, Pond, Basketmakers, Brewdog, Bier Haus, black dove then finish up in the hand in hand.

Ah I had that marked down for after Brewdog if we are still going :lolol;. Never been there either but looks up our street.

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
It's pretty decent now. They do some very nice Bao buns too. The beer selection is good not just rammed with IPA's.

Excellent. I've gone right off IPAs, and now think they're too sweet, sickly and intense -- so I'm going to dive in The Pond and devour some buns.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Ah I had that marked down for after Brewdog if we are still going :lolol;. Never been there either but looks up our street.

I know one of the guys who owns the Bier Haus. He's a top lad (for a Chelsea fan) and knows his beer inside out. Last time I played poker with him we ended up sampling some 10.8% stout that tasted like JD & Coke. Incredibly I still won money.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

big nuts

Jan 15, 2011
Hove
I know one of the guys who owns the Bier Haus. He's a top lad (for a Chelsea fan) and knows his beer inside out. Last time I played poker with him we ended up sampling some 10.8% stout that tasted like JD & Coke. Incredibly I still won money.

Impressive!

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Impressive!

It was just sampling though. Let's just say the beer he has lurking at the bottom of his fridge is a fair old upgrade on the beer lurking at he bottom of mine :lolol:

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Good shouts although not a big fan of the Caxton but it may have improved since I was last in there.

Ooh, it's all changed. When were you last there?
The new (ish) owners have done a fantastic job in there. Definitely worth a re-visit. Check out the menu too. The owner, Kate, used to manage Craft on upper North st, so knows beer.

Last edited:

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Ooh, it's all changed. When were you last there?
The new (ish) owners have done a fantastic job in there. Definitely worth a re-visit. Check out the menu too. The owner, Kate, used to manage Craft on upper North st, so knows beer.

Caxton is great now. Have had several good nights in there & usually end up there with Brighton based friends after evening games

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
IMG_20200528_085443.jpg

Brewdog :bowdown:

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
Fair play for this - I saw it on Twitter the other day and nice to see they followed through.

Now to get stuff thrown at me - it is now confirmed that I don't like their products. I have tried some in the past and not got on with them and last week, my girlfriend's mum decided to buy me 4 beers from Tesco as a thanks for doing her shopping - she obviously went for names and got 4 from the 330ml "craft beer" section - 3 of them Brewdog. Punk was one, Zombie something was another and I can't remember the third but I didn't like any of them. The fourth was an Innis and Gunn which is much more up my street.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

Attachments

• 15392599-DDF6-418B-B439-F13C60C8086F.jpeg
    15392599-DDF6-418B-B439-F13C60C8086F.jpeg
    47 KB · Views: 59

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here