Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Brentford vs Brighton & Hove Albion *** Official Match Thread ***

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Oh and for balance having read a few ridiculously negative opinions and over reactions on here - I thought we played well and dominated the game but lacked that final ball / break of the ball etc. such fine margins.

Nobby Cybergoat

Jul 19, 2021
Nothing up front, that's what has cost us.

The last two matches, we've just played two sides off the park, and lost both games because they have a striker and we don't.

RDZ needs to move away from this corporate Potter bollocks and act like a manager and publicly demand we get someone in up front

Normandy seagull

Jul 16, 2003
Orne 61 France
Second bad game from Tross. He comes across as quite arrogant- not in a bad way but I don’t think he would have liked RDZ telling him he doesn’t score enough goals. He seems to be along with Mac and Gross missing Potter the most. They were potters favs

dejavuatbtn

Aug 4, 2010
Henfield
This is a bit like watching them last season (great Stats apart from goals scored) but one point in nine is putting the pressure on RDZ to get some points soon towards our ambitions of a top ten finish. Goals conceded were disappointing, especially the pen.

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
Incredibly unrealistic and over blown expectations shown by some on here tonight. This is the THIRD match RDZ has been in charge including games against two of the big 6 and away at one of the toughest grounds in the division against a team who beat Man Utd 4.0 just weeks ago.

We’ve got a completely new coaching set up too who for various reasons have had hardly any time on the training ground since they’ve come in.

WTF has happened to some of our fans on here?! Sort yourselves out FFS.

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
How can any modern team get away with this much time wasting?

I'm not saying we'd score, the way they played we'd concede 2 or 3 more before scoring but it's absolute shithousery that any ref can allow a team to waste that much time with cameras all over the place.

I hate change but bring on the 60 minute games with a stop-clock when the ball is "out of play"
Yep - bring it on.

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire
Well we’ve just lost away in West London exactly as we did just over a month ago under the previous manager, are you happy with that continuity?
The manager was lucky enough to inherit a very decent team, in fantastic order so to say it was always going to be a tough transition is nonsense. So far the biggest change is the defence looking confused. Early days though etc.

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
They had a plan - they executed it perfectly- Alot of poor passes and a lot of wrong choices - RBZ will learn a lot from this, all part of the learning curve - were we out played ? No we just lacked intensity and urgency going forward- when we were in the final third, we were passing it about like we were coming out of defence -
Where was the spark we had at Liverpool? Tonight we hadn’t a clue in and around the box !!
Their plan was the same as Spurs. Go ahead then get men behind the ball because BHA won't break us down.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
I was a huge Potter doubter for a long time. It took 3 seasons for him to convince me. We’ve lost him - how can anyone expect us to go and get a better (or even like for like) manager from the get go?
Me too. Trouble is, this league is brutal and time is afforded to no one. I don’t like the word ‘project’ because of that, being successful at a club like ours only means a slightly longer tenure than if unsuccessful ie poached versus sacked. 5 Espresso’s got to start delivering very soon, 1pt from 9 isn’t impressive regardless of opposition. We are forgiving, because we’re Brighton fans and losing’s in our DNA so we don’t get too upset. However, Brentford away without a point with a performance like that is a bit rubbish. No point dressing it up as anything but this.

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
Just not our night. Caicedo's shot could have easily gone in. As could Solly's header.

Not the greatest challenge from Veltman for the penalty, but at the same time its a massive dive the way Toney throws his legs out from under himself.
Also the fact he had hold of Veltman's shirt! Apparently invisible to Mike Dean on VAR

Littlemo

Aug 25, 2022
Why ? Just carry on doing exactly the same thing, or at least try to - not that hard.
You can’t do that though. You can’t just play Potters style or tactics once he’s away, because Potter was always changing and doing things a wee bit different here and there, there no set point where everyone just carries on without him once he goes, he’s needs to be here to do that work/coaching etc.

It’s like a band getting a new singer in, they have different sounds and styles - you don’t just do the same stuff as you did before because it won’t sound the same. Whoever came in would make it different and that takes time to come together.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here