Date: Friday 14th October 2022
Kick-off: 20:00 BST
Referee: Michael Salisbury
Assistants: Neil Davies,Timothy Wood
Fourth Official: Graham Scott
VAR: The Complete And Utter Shyster
Additional VAR: Nick Hopton

TEAM NEWS

Keane Lewis-Potter is available for Brentford after recovering from a foot ligament strain.

Captain Pontus Jansson and midfielder Christian Norgaard remain out with respective hamstring and Achilles problems.

Brighton have no fresh injury concerns ahead of Friday's match.

Jakub Moder is a long-term absentee, while Enock Mwepu announced his retirement this week at the age of 24 due to a heart condition.

MATCH FACTS

Head-to-head

• Brentford's only win in their past six home league meetings against Brighton came in September 2014.
  • Brighton won both fixtures last season, which was the first time the sides were in the top flight together.
Brentford
  • Brentford are unbeaten in their past nine games on a Friday, winning the last five.
  • The 5-1 defeat at Newcastle last weekend was their biggest top-flight loss since Christmas Day 1946.
  • This is Brentford's first home match since a 3-0 defeat against Arsenal on 18 September. That was only their second loss in nine Premier League home fixtures.
  • In 2022, only Harry Kane, Son Heung-min (18) and Erling Haaland (15) have scored more Premier League goals than Ivan Toney's 14.
Albion
  • Brighton have won four of their opening eight Premier League matches for the second season in a row. In 2021-22, their fifth victory came at home to Brentford on Boxing Day.
  • They are one short of 100 top-flight wins.
  • Their two defeats in the past 13 league fixtures came against London opposition, Fulham and Spurs.
  • Albion's first Friday Premier League game was a 2-1 defeat at Bournemouth in September 2017. They are unbeaten in all five subsequent league matches on a Friday (W3, D2).
Roberto De Zerbi's Brentford Press Conference

Last edited:

Perfidious Albion

Oct 25, 2011
At the end of my tether
After a blistering start , we could do with this win. The magnificent display at Anfield yielded just one point , and we lost to Spurs. We want to get back on track so, three points tonight please !
We can do this , they are a decent side but we are better, so let’s sting those bees ….

B-right-on

Living the dream
Apr 23, 2015
Shoreham Beaaaach
RDZs English already seems better. Like how he's really trying to speak English and isn't bothered about making mistakes unlike other god-like foreign coaches.

Think we'll beat them. Have the quality to do it.

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
Couple of weeks ago I went to France for a few days and picked up a couple of cases of large bottles of 8.5% beer. With the help of my mate and fish & chips, polished off four bottles last night. Traveling to London for a football match is not top of my list of things to do at the moment. Certainly will be a dry day for me. Anadin anyone?

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
Off to watch Morrissey tonight, one of my daughters birthday presents, tickets booked earlier in the year.
Oh well perfect maudlin music if we loose...

Hope the good folks going back the boys tonight and show their appreciation for young Enoch.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
So excited

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here