⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Jan 3, 2010
Quaxxann
959px-brentford_fc_logo-svg.png
703.png

scousefan

Apr 26, 2009
Liverpool
i think we have to face the fact that our injury situation is now critical. As with the Preston and Huddersfield games I feared the worst for this game after hearing the team. We are now missing Baldock, Rosenior, Bong, Goldson, Stephens, Maenpaa and Dunk. We will see Dunk next Game, but who knows with the others (apart from Goldson who's certainly missing). The club are clearly covering over their injury problems. We are now in the same situation as December last year -facing the possibility of a bad run just at a time when teams around us have strengthened and are in good form. I still think we can scrape promotion but we have every reason to worry.

Hopefully after all that cue an easy Albion win!

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
Uneasy about the starting line up and the bench for that matter - the squad is looking thin just now. Lets hope we get the 3 points today, but I'm nervous to be honest, and we need to keep the winning mentality up and show that midweek was a one off.

It's only looking thin because we've lost the last couple of games. Half a dozen games ago we'd all be confident with the team.

That said, it's Brentford so I expect we'll lose 4-0 like we always seemed to do a few years ago...

atomised

Mar 21, 2013
i think we have to face the fact that our injury situation is now critical. As with the Preston and Huddersfield games I feared the worst for this game after hearing the team. We are now missing Baldock, Rosenior, Bong, Goldson, Stephens, Maenpaa and Dunk. We will see Dunk next Game, but who knows with the others (apart from Goldson who's certainly missing). The club are clearly covering over their injury problems. We are now in the same situation as December last year -facing the possibility of a bad run just at a time when teams around us have strengthened and are in good form. I still think we can scrape promotion but we have every reason to worry.

Hopefully after all that cue an easy Albion win!

Baldock clearly travelled today though so must be pretty close

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
Respect your opinion but I think that's utter bollocks. He's been better than Skalak by a long distance and is easily better than Kaz 'One Trick Pony' LuaLua.

My opinion is utter bollox. ? Tell me which games has he been good apart from Brum which i have already mentioned ?

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
It's only looking thin because we've lost the last couple of games. Half a dozen games ago we'd all be confident with the team.

That said, it's Brentford so I expect we'll lose 4-0 like we always seemed to do a few years ago...
Careful now, you'll be accused of being an Arsenal supporter with that kind of talk.

:lolol:

SittingbourneSeagull

Dec 27, 2007
Sittingbourne
You know full well that a run of games in the first team is vital, That is why Lua lua last season stormed it before his injury. On his day he is a better player than our other wingers apart from Knocky.

He really isn't and when was the last time he had his day? He doesn't seem to have a turn of pace anymore, he has one trick and his final ball is awful.

scousefan

Apr 26, 2009
Liverpool
Respect your opinion but I think that's utter bollocks. He's been better than Skalak by a long distance and is easily better than Kaz 'One Trick Pony' LuaLua.

I also rate March. Seems as though particularly away from home Skalak is being played fur his defensive qualities. I don't agree with this but I defer to CHs greater football knowledge than me. I'm a bit more stunned by Murphy playing today. That is where march or Akpom might have seemed better. Maybe we will see early substitution for Akpom?

Monkey Man

Your support is not that great
Jan 30, 2005
Neither here nor there
Solly on the bench and norwood playing, Don't like that decision!.

What I've seen of Solly recently suggests he's not a starter in a game like this one. Just seems too ponderous on the ball a lot of the time and too easy to rough up.

Happy to see him come on later in the game and run at a tiring defence.

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
Careful now, you'll be accused of being an Arsenal supporter with that kind of talk.

:lolol:

I've got my home made Hughton/Barber Out banner at the ready.:flounce:

In fairness, I'm usually pretty positive about our chances. It's just tough to be on this occasion when in four trips to Griffin Park I've not even seen us score a goal.

Gully Forever

May 9, 2011
J Canter friggin annoys me. Showing constant signs of denial of our current predicament!. Another prat who just looks at the League Table and talks shit about our great form!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here