Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Brentford vs Brighton & Hove Albion *** Official Match Thread ***

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
I'm another who's is feeling trepidation about today's game.

It feels like Brentford are a bogey team, we've lost our last three away games, conceding 8 in the process, I've been to Griffin Park four times and never seen us even score(although i'm not going I'll be watching on a stream so...), Dunk suspended, Goldson's bad news. It all seems to be pointing at a loss today.

Hope I'm wrong and being a massive negative nancy.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
bless , strooth , cripes.....etc .etc.....ffs...!!

They stuffed us 4-0 even when we won L1! It's just the way it is v Brentford. Already looking at Burton, going to blot today out, tidy up the garden, visit a NT property, do some Yoga, that sort of thing. Today is NOT a day to think about the Albion because we've lost already :) Move along, nothing to see here, nice day, spring in the air, oh, look some snowdrops over there and gosh is that a rare honey buzzard I see...?

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
I'm another who's is feeling trepidation about today's game.

It feels like Brentford are a bogey team, we've lost our last three away games, conceding 8 in the process, I've been to Griffin Park four times and never seen us even score(although i'm not going I'll be watching on a stream so...), Dunk suspended, Goldson's bad news. It all seems to be pointing at a loss today.

Hope I'm wrong and being a massive negative nancy.

No, it take courage to face reality.

jamie the seagull

Jul 27, 2011
Murray + Akpom please...
Small pitch should mean pretty football out the window.
We need pace up front to we can go for the ball over the top rather than suicide pass from Uwe to our midfield.
That will mean Brentford have to hold back to cover this threat.
If I had a bet it would be 1-0 to Brentford.
The 2 hoes games next are the critical test to see if this is a blip.

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
Can you pay on the gate today? A mate of mine wants to come

Sent from my SM-A310F using Tapatalk

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
I'm unnecessarily nervous about this, I've got washing machine feeling going on in my stomach, I'll be trying to settle it with a few tins on the way up :(

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
Sorry I meant the west stand concourse !
?

Sent from my SM-A310F using Tapatalk

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
They stuffed us 4-0 even when we won L1! It's just the way it is v Brentford. Already looking at Burton, going to blot today out, tidy up the garden, visit a NT property, do some Yoga, that sort of thing. Today is NOT a day to think about the Albion because we've lost already :) Move along, nothing to see here, nice day, spring in the air, oh, look some snowdrops over there and gosh is that a rare honey buzzard I see...?

i think i see what you're doing here so i'll just let it pass...:thumbsup:

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Really hope we compete for every ball, like a relegation threatened team if you like. The workrate and commitment at Huddersfield was not good enough and petulance crept in as we were played off the park by a team with more desire. I think the team expected to be able to control the game but didn't put in the work rate required whereas Huddersfield chased to the last minute of the game.

I will be really worried if Brentford are more committed than us today. The result is almost secondary to the way we go about this game imo.

Is Stephens back, if not please please please don't start with Norwood...

redoubtable seagull

Oct 27, 2004
Our record at Brentford is not quite on a par with our record at the Massive, which we finally put to rest this season!
I am expecting a gutsy performance from the team today and don't expect us to lose; fingers crossed...

Monkey Man

Your support is not that great
Jan 30, 2005
Neither here nor there
Well the wobble we all knew would happen eventually has arrived. Luckily it's arrived when we're already top of the table with a nice cushion over third place.

I suspect we'll struggle a bit today and get back to winning ways against Burton, without too much damage done. But perhaps Chris can work his magic and get a reaction out of the players today.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here