Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Brentford tickets

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I've had a quick response from the club, which they are happy for me to share...

Firstly just to confirm at 9am we still had tickets left for Brentford. We were however aware of eligible fans holding seats online for others in the next window. This is not something we have noticed as an issue before and as a result we had to clear everyone’s sessions this morning.

I think it is fair to say that the uptake on the Brentford tickets was unlike anything we have seen before. Virtually every single person eligible to buy bought. In addition to this we found a new issue of supporters holding seats and effectively blocking out others.

The Fulham points update was scheduled last night in preparation for this morning. This didn’t push many people in to the first bracket but going forward will be standardising points updates for 8am the following day, for the rare time that a game is played during an on sale.

We have increasingly found that away tickets are being passed on. Ejections and arrests that we have been notified of have not matched the ticket holders details. We are now looking in to checks at away grounds to try to stop this and ensure those that get tickets are the ones travelling.​

There might have been some tickets left at 9am, but this is possibly a moot point for tier 2 punters. The allocation was declared sold out at tier 1 before this time; this ususally means purchases are only avaliable for those with tier 1 points going forward i.e. tier 2 would have still been unable to buy these tickets at 9am.

Ho hum.

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
There might have been some tickets left at 9am, but this is a moot point for tier 2 punters. The allocation was declared sold out to tier 1 way before this time and this ususally means purchases are subsequently only avaliable for those with tier 1 points.

Ho hum.

The fact of tickets being available this morning to tier 2 does actually beg the question of why has the club declared it as sold out to tier 1 ? That isn’t how the system should work. If/when more tickets are released they should go on sale to tier 2.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
The fact of tickets being available this morning to tier 2 does actually beg the question of why has the club declared it as sold out to tier 1 ? That isn’t how the system should work. If/when more tickets are released they should go on sale to tier 2.

..this as well.

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border

Although currently the ticket site states sold out to Season Ticket Holders with 280+ points.

With the passing on of tickets, we may be in for the Palace away approach of names on tickets and ID check at the gate. Alternatively as Man Utd do from time to time, all tickets need to be collected from the away ground with ID check.

Bob!

Coffee Buyer
Jul 5, 2003
I've had a quick response from the club, which they are happy for me to share...

Firstly just to confirm at 9am we still had tickets left for Brentford. We were however aware of eligible fans holding seats online for others in the next window. This is not something we have noticed as an issue before and as a result we had to clear everyone’s sessions this morning.

I think it is fair to say that the uptake on the Brentford tickets was unlike anything we have seen before. Virtually every single person eligible to buy bought. In addition to this we found a new issue of supporters holding seats and effectively blocking out others.

The Fulham points update was scheduled last night in preparation for this morning. This didn’t push many people in to the first bracket but going forward will be standardising points updates for 8am the following day, for the rare time that a game is played during an on sale.

We have increasingly found that away tickets are being passed on. Ejections and arrests that we have been notified of have not matched the ticket holders details. We are now looking in to checks at away grounds to try to stop this and ensure those that get tickets are the ones travelling.​

So, did all blocks go on sale?

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead

Frankie

Put him in the curry
May 23, 2016
Mid west Wales
Fans ejected or arrested don't match the purchasers name is interesting,what do they do? Take away/ban the person that purchased the tickets season ticket? I can't imagine there's been that many in any case to influence the tier system.

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
Fans ejected or arrested don't match the purchasers name is interesting,what do they do? Take away/ban the person that purchased the tickets season ticket? I can't imagine there's been that many in any case to influence the tier system.

I think they are reminding people of the risks in buying tickets for other people/selling tickets on. I wouldn’t be surprised if they made a few examples.

Dave the hatosaurus

Aug 22, 2021
worthing
So, did all blocks go on sale?

Yes , and to clarify there was a block E218 which was not in the first release at 9.00 yesterday causing some speculation ( including by myself ) but [MENTION=1793]studio 150 has confirmed in his post ( # 61 on this thread ) it did go on sale in the afternoon although i am still thinking that some of the 230 seats in this block are the seats the club always keep for players comps etc so unless someone actually saw it when it opened not sure how many .
Yesterday i also wondered if we had had our full amount as without actually seeing block 218 ( which i speculated would be about 120 seats ) we would have been about 100 short however now it turns out to be 230 means we have indeed had about 1700 plus some seats for disabled fans which i did not count .

Last edited:

matski_98

Apr 16, 2012
We have increasingly found that away tickets are being passed on. Ejections and arrests that we have been notified of have not matched the ticket holders details. We are now looking in to checks at away grounds to try to stop this and ensure those that get tickets are the ones travelling.[/indent]

I'm pretty sure they said a few years back that they would be checking ID etc. at away grounds. I've been to plenty of away games since then and I've still yet to see it happen.

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
I'm pretty sure they said a few years back that they would be checking ID etc. at away grounds. I've been to plenty of away games since then and I've still yet to see it happen.

It happened once at Palace, in a very half-arsed fashion.

It will only really be sorted when we have digital away tickets.

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
But is it not the case that several people on this very forum have stated quite clearly that there are ways and means of easily passing on digital tickets ?

That is beyond me. I can't imaging lending my smart phone and access to my Google Wallet to anyone, especially for a lengthy away day.

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
Knowing PB stands with the fans for this one, how many loyalty points has he got? Does he, or more importantly, his henchmen who stand with him have enough for tier 1. Does owning the club give you the right to anything he wants.
ps, I'd give him my ticket if he needed one.

Dave the hatosaurus

Aug 22, 2021
worthing
That is beyond me. I can't imaging lending my smart phone and access to my Google Wallet to anyone, especially for a lengthy away day.

Beyond me too !
But i think they meant not physically but through cyberspace with some kind of technical know how on the telling-bone !
It's all mumbo jumbo to me i tell ya

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
You will have to ask [MENTION=5208]drew[/MENTION], but I doubt he would have posted that three people did not buy tickets if someone else had bought them.

Likely outcome but still a ****-up as per my earlier post.

Pretty sure no one on my friends and family would even attempt to purchase my ticket without referring to me first. They know we go to pretty much every away game but having to give Brentford a swerve for my 60th party (which was arranged for a Friday to avoid missing the bloody match!!). All those on my F & F are at the party (and cursing me for it). Also, I can't recall ever buying an away ticket and passing it to someone else as I'm not going to risk my right to go because someone else acts like a dick.

With regard to the response Bozza got, hopefully the club will do something to try and crack down on tickets being passed on. Anyone doing it should have their season ticket revoked or, at the very least, lose all their loyalty points for a period of 5 seasons.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here