[Albion] Brentford tickets

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
just don't understand why a whole block 218 right in the middle of our allocation never went on sale ? must be 500 ticket or so ?

It did go on sale, it was not released at 9am yesterday but it was available from early afternoon, and tickets went quickly.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
How would they know that all tier one have had the chance to buy? .

I'm not quite sure what the question is, but Tier 1 are given 24 hours to exercise their right-to-buy...but even for them it had sold out before the 24 hours were up. Something is not right especially as [MENTION=5208]drew[/MENTION] mentioned that he knows of at least 3 people who did not buy.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
How would they know that all tier one have had the chance to buy? .

I'm not quite sure what the question is, but Tier 1 are given 24 hours to exercise their right-to-buy...but even for them it had sold out before the 24 hours were up. Something is not right especially as [MENTION=5208]drew[/MENTION] mentioned that he knows of at least 3 people who did not buy.

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
Let’s just say, hypothetically of course, a group of 10 who all do away days together, only 7 can make Brentford but buy all 10 tickets anyway, this keeps their friends in the top tier and they’ll just sell their tickets on.

By starting a thread on NSC ? :whistle:
There were several of those about Fulham tickets allowed to remain on the board this past week. I wonder whether Karen and Derek will be sourcing their Brentford tickets on NSC.

Mr Banana

Tedious chump
Aug 8, 2005
Standing in the way of control

If my unreliable memory serves, I thought the club parped that everyone in the specified tier is able to buy within the timeframe in order to reduce the mad rush/crashing the site?

Not that I take any chances because <<25+ years of watching Albion piss us all about with these things>> but...

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border

As someone has already mentioned, it would seem that the points for Fulham went on far earlier than usual, which if people were within a few points of the cut off would tip them over the line into tier 1.
If they checked the ticket site after the Fulham game to see if sold old, they would have seen the buy option available rather than being greyed out and jumped in.

No doubt PB will explain why the Fulham points were added far earlier than is usual.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
I've not really been following along, but I'm happy to ask for clarification from the club.

Did this sell out completely to Tier 1?

If so, that's never happened before, right? It's always been stated that the points are set such that everyone in Tier 1 could obtain a ticket if they want one. Life is such that never happens - there are always some people who can't go to a particular game - so there has always been tickets for Tier 2, even if that number is small.

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
I've not really been following along, but I'm happy to ask for clarification from the club.

If so, that's never happened before, right? It's always been stated that the points are set such that everyone in Tier 1 could obtain a ticket if they want one. Life is such that never happens - there are always some people who can't go to a particular game - so there has always been tickets for Tier 2, even if that number is small.

Yes sold out at tier 1 shortly after midnight.
May be due to Fulham points being added far earlier than normal.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
If my unreliable memory serves, I thought the club parped that everyone is about to buy within the timeframes in order to reduce the mad rush/crashing the site?

Not that I take any chances because <<25+ years of watching Albion piss us all about with these things>> but...

For the first tier this is the case...as number of tier 1 punters is supposed to match tickets available. This cannot happen with subsequent tiers though...they do spread them out so not everyone can buy in tier 2 or 3 etc but no one is guaranted after tier 1.

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
By starting a thread on NSC ? :whistle:
There were several of those about Fulham tickets allowed to remain on the board this past week. I wonder whether Karen and Derek will be sourcing their Brentford tickets on NSC.

Twitter and Facebook is awash with people asking for tickets and they almost always get replies.

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead

But isn’t that explained by the 280 point threshold being set pre the Fulham game ? It would have been higher after Fulham but usually that wouldn’t matter because usually they wouldn’t have added the Fulham points whilst still between tier sales for Brentford. We appear to have a one off situation where post Fulham and pre tier 2 there was a mismatch between number of fans in tier 1 and available tickets.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
As someone has already mentioned, it would seem that the points for Fulham went on far earlier than usual, which if people were within a few points of the cut off would tip them over the line into tier 1.
If they checked the ticket site after the Fulham game to see if sold old, they would have seen the buy option available rather than being greyed out and jumped in.

No doubt PB will explain why the Fulham points were added far earlier than is usual.

Aside from a ****-up, this is the only reason. But, it still goes against the statement, assuming it still holds, that everyone with tier 1 points can get a ticket in the 24 hour window....assuming the statement still holds adding the Fulham points last night was also a ****-up.

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham

Unless people are being mischievous and buying tickets regardless of whether they can attend. There’s such demand they know they will be moved on but keep the loyalty points for themselves and their friends.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
But isn’t that explained by the 280 point threshold being set pre the Fulham game ? It would have been higher after Fulham but usually that wouldn’t matter because usually they wouldn’t have added the Fulham points whilst still between tier sales for Brentford. We appear to have a one off situation where post Fulham and pre tier 2 there was a mismatch between number of fans in tier 1 and available tickets.

What time did the Fulham points go on?

There were only 10 tickets left just before midnight according to an earlier post on this thread.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Unless people are being mischievous and buying tickets regardless of whether they can attend. There’s such demand they know they will be moved on but keep the loyalty points for themselves and their friends.

But we know at least three people did not buy tickets.

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead

There were only 10 tickets left just before midnight according to an earlier post on this thread.

That I don’t know and I guess is a question worth asking of the club. Even 10 tickets available though would mean the system was working at that point (re matching tier 1 level and number of tickets). Other explanations for the sell out offered on here include a very healthy resale market which is unsurprising given the form the team are in.

el punal

Maybe there should be a limit of tickets bought per person if that is the case.

You can buy as many tickets as you like provided that the fan(s) you’re purchasing it for has the necessary number of points. I’ve done it myself and you have to stipulate which fans you’re buying for. The said tickets are then posted to your address rather each individual’s. It’s fair and it works.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Seems very unlikely to me that every one in tier 1 chose to buy yesterday.

Three of our group are in tier 1, only two of us bought tickets, so thats at least one more to add to the three above. I'd be surprised if more than 90% of tier one have ever bought their tickets on day one, so suggests they got their sums wrong, maybe because it's les than the "usual" 3,000 allocation?

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005

I can only confirm that they weren't on when I bought at 9am yesterday morning but they are on now. Unusually quick. Normally get added a day or two later.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports