Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Brentford sack Warburton!!

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Virgo talking and giving advice like he played regular Champion's League football :rolleyes:

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I don't know how Fernandes can even think about football, one of his companies planes recently crashed and killed people sorry but football would be the last thing mind if I were him.

Wasnt it 2 that have crashed out east and werent they both owned by the same airline or have I got it wrong.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
I heard some talk on the radio this morning that suggested this has come about because Warburton refused to sign players that he'd never seen play.

It seems the Brentford owner has adopted a 'moneyball' approach (which, to be fair, seems to be working quite well so far) and this system had thrown up some players that he believed would enhance Brentford's promotion prospects, but Warburton refused.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
I don't know how Fernandes can even think about football, one of his companies planes recently crashed and killed people sorry but football would be the last thing mind if I were him.

It's tragic but the rest of life goes on. Should he just stop running his businesses and put everyone out of work?

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
I heard some talk on the radio this morning that suggested this has come about because Warburton refused to sign players that he'd never seen play.

It seems the Brentford owner has adopted a 'moneyball' approach (which, to be fair, seems to be working quite well so far) and this system had thrown up some players that he believed would enhance Brentford's promotion prospects, but Warburton refused.

http://www.getwestlondon.co.uk/spor...rk-warburton-explains-benham-dialogue-8635280

Hampster Gull

Dec 22, 2010

A lot of people rely on his companies for their livelihoods

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here