Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Brentford fans

Jan 30, 2008
We heard about that in the ground, it also kicked off at half time underneath the stand....We were in the pub by the town hall. There was some milling around outside when we were drinking inside and playing pool...door flew open and it was like the ok corral.

Took the police about 20 minutes to sort that out!
shocking:)
regards
DR

Jan 30, 2008
Oh dear. I suppose you lot have to try and take something from the game! I thought our support was decent. Not great, not poor but decent. We are better with something to bounce off and there wasn't a lot coming from the home support. Tbh it was all a bit "nice". Nice ground, nice support, nice pies, nice beer, nice stewards, etc. Seen us play you at Goldstone, Withdean and Gillingham and never remember it being so pleasant. Quite the opposite; there y
used to be some right old battles in that park near the Goldstone! Oh and they should give some valium out to some of the fans near the segregation. I thought one or two were going to have heart attacks after they heard some not very clever "banter" from our side!
not a lot wrong with what you've said there , remember you came to the Goldstone for an evening cup game? and brought 2000 was lively , you've been terrorised by us up at your place though , anyway glad you enjoyed the nice experience ,it's just too nice
regards
DR

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
In honesty I thought our support yesterday was below average and poor for us. We've had far better away supports this season particularly at Watford and Millwall where there was near constant noise. The sitting down thing annoys a lot of us but unfortunately with allocated seating you can't choose where you go and we have a lot of elderly people who follow us and have been for decades, since before fans like me were born, and they're unable to stand all game. Usually it gets worked out amongst ourselves with them sitting towards the front and those who want to stand which is probably the majority of us going towards the back, but that was impossible yesterday, resulting in most having to sit all game. Does annoy me, especially when some other clubs have away support who stand all game to a fan, but got to deal with it. Noise was average at best from us yesterday by our standards, quite a bit of singing but again due to allocated seating the loudest were split up and we only really got going together a handful of times.

I didn't think your support was great either mind you.

As for it being our "cup final", where to start with that. It's a fixture many wanted to do, chance for a day out in Brighton, new ground and a relief to go to Brighton away and not have to go to the Withdean. We'd have taken more than we did to you to Watford if we could, will do to Reading, and quite obviously Fulham away is the big one for us.

I actually thought it was quite quaint you brought along old people and children....very 'nice'....and considering your home
attendance it was a very good turnout even considering the proximity...and volume was good even if your main chant was
about the lack of opposition support :D
Your boss has worked wonders and you play a nice system...inspired goalie..but wtf were your strikers doing?
Pritchard looked excellent.

BFC

Jan 18, 2015
I actually thought it was quite quaint you brought along old people and children....very 'nice'....and considering your home
attendance it was a very good turnout even considering the proximity...and volume was good even if your main chant was
Your boss has worked wonders and you play a nice system...inspired goalie..but wtf were your strikers doing?

It's good we're followed by people from a range of ages around the country but does explain why when there's allocated seating in force many who'd like to stand aren't able to. My ST is in the terraces at Griffin Park and I hate sitting at football, but was in front of a few of our more elderly fans yesterday so had to sit for much of the game. Frustrating but a price worth paying so fans who've supported the club far longer than I have can go and have a good day out (or so the next generation can). Our home attendances have to be considered when considering the numbers we take away, averaging about 10,500 this season but an away average well over 1,000.

The job our manager's doing is brilliant and the set up at the club now is incredible considering what it was not too long ago. We definitely need another striker as at the moment we only have Gray signed from Luton pre-season, who's been fantastic considering he'd never played League football before this season and was intended to be second choice behind Scott Hogan who's out for the season. Still, can't complain about anything at our end.

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
Being patronised by Brentford is quite hard to respond to. How many would Brentford get struggling near the bottom of the league and having had dull football for three years?

7,000...? 6,000...?

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
It's good we're followed by people from a range of ages around the country but does explain why when there's allocated seating in force many who'd like to stand aren't able to. My ST is in the terraces at Griffin Park and I hate sitting at football, but was in front of a few of our more elderly fans yesterday so had to sit for much of the game. Frustrating but a price worth paying so fans who've supported the club far longer than I have can go and have a good day out (or so the next generation can). Our home attendances have to be considered when considering the numbers we take away, averaging about 10,500 this season but an away average well over 1,000.

The job our manager's doing is brilliant and the set up at the club now is incredible considering what it was not too long ago. We definitely need another striker as at the moment we only have Gray signed from Luton pre-season, who's been fantastic considering he'd never played League football before this season and was intended to be second choice behind Scott Hogan who's out for the season. Still, can't complain about anything at our end.

Ta for reply and your comments in the first para partly explain why perhaps the volume from our own support as against numbers wasn't fantastic..although it did warm up second half...our own away support is pretty good but it and others are going to be spread far and wide in a stadium of our size. You also have to remember that our home record is crap at the mo (pretty decent away) and we've been served up some naff fare...its bound to have an effect.

BFC

Jan 18, 2015
Ta for reply and your comments in the first para partly explain why perhaps the volume from our own support as against numbers wasn't fantastic..although it did warm up second half...our own away support is pretty good but it and others are going to be spread far and wide in a stadium of our size. You also have to remember that our home record is crap at the mo (pretty decent away) and we've been served up some naff fare...its bound to have an effect.

You've always had good away support at ours in the time I've been going. I only actually found out today how bad your home form has been this season, surprised me and must be incredibly frustrating. Had a top day out nonetheless, stayed in Brighton until late and navigated the replacement bus and delayed trains back, and I'm pretty sure we'll be back next season so look forward to doing the trip again (though not getting away from the ground/Falmer which is quite something to put up with every other week, but I suppose having played at Gillingham and the Withdean it's a price worth paying).

mona

The Glory Game
Jul 9, 2003
High up on the South Downs.
Spot on mate, I guess they would prefer we had Millwall fans instead!!

So true. Away fans can't win. "Millwall are animals" - "QPR, Fulham and Brentford are tossers for sitting down in comfortable seats."

I suppose it takes ones mind off the mismanagement of the Albion in 2014.

mona

The Glory Game
Jul 9, 2003
High up on the South Downs.
attendance it was a very good turnoban old people ut even considering the proximity...and volume was good even if your main chant was

FFS ban old people and kids from football.
Bring back 70s fighting FFS.

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting
You've always had good away support at ours in the time I've been going. I only actually found out today how bad your home form has been this season, surprised me and must be incredibly frustrating. Had a top day out nonetheless, stayed in Brighton until late and navigated the replacement bus and delayed trains back, and I'm pretty sure we'll be back next season so look forward to doing the trip again (though not getting away from the ground/Falmer which is quite something to put up with every other week, but I suppose having played at Gillingham and the Withdean it's a price worth paying).

Glad you enjoyed yourself, of course you will be back because the Amex is the best ground in the Championship. After going to Fulham and Charlton and standing outside to get a beer, amongst 2000 of us at Charlton with 4 people serving, slightly more at Fulham and freezing my wotsits off. Then at Watford, with a concourse that has two toilets and f'all else, Derby which sold cans of widget John Smiths and stuck in the corner, similarily at Bournemouth, then a prime view behind the goal with all the facilities and choice is a must for you and others away days.

BFC

Jan 18, 2015
Glad you enjoyed yourself, of course you will be back because the Amex is the best ground in the Championship. After going to Fulham and Charlton and standing outside to get a beer, amongst 2000 of us at Charlton with 4 people serving, slightly more at Fulham and freezing my wotsits off. Then at Watford, with a concourse that has two toilets and f'all else, Derby which sold cans of widget John Smiths and stuck in the corner, similarily at Bournemouth, then a prime view behind the goal with all the facilities and choice is a must for you and others away days.

It's a must because Brighton's good for a drink afterwards. "The Amex" is a decent ground but give me Griffin Park any day, sadly the days for grounds like GP are numbered.

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting
It's a must because Brighton's good for a drink afterwards. "The Amex" is a decent ground but give me Griffin Park any day, sadly the days for grounds like GP are numbered.

Did they not serve beer, lager, pies, hotdogs, burgers and sweets in the South concourse, are their not tv's to watch live sky sports. A few of your supporters were in Dicks Bar by the North Stand entrance watching the Derby v Forest game, drinking and eating.
I did not go to Brentford, hopefully i can expect the same at your ground. Catering for 27,000 is quite good at the Amex, after what i have experienced at away grounds.

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea

Funny, stuck on Brentford platform for 30 minutes after the game, including watching 2 trains go past without stopping, earlier this season made me appreciate the excellent train service at Falmer. If you had just 15,000 each game it would be horrendous.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Funny, stuck on Brentford platform for 30 minutes after the game, including watching 2 trains go past without stopping, earlier this season made me appreciate the excellent train service at Falmer. If you had just 15,000 each game it would be horrendous.

Exactly this. Our home transport is better than most - there remains a perception that it's crap from the early days, and because the station is so close it can feel like you're waiting ages because you're not moving compared to most grounds where you'd be walking 15-20 mins to the station.

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
Exactly this. Our home transport is better than most - there remains a perception that it's crap from the early days, and because the station is so close it can feel like you're waiting ages because you're not moving compared to most grounds where you'd be walking 15-20 mins to the station.
This. This. and This.

I know it is only NSC but myths can be challenged and changed.

On Saturday the actual crowd was probably 24,000+. Half an hour after the game finished you could take your pick of easy ways to get home without delay.

MattBackHome

Jul 7, 2003
This. This. and This.

I know it is only NSC but myths can be challenged and changed.

On Saturday the actual crowd was probably 24,000+. Half an hour after the game finished you could take your pick of easy ways to get home without delay.

I'd like to back this up.

And the best thing is you don't need to leave early to get on a train very quickly. Even when the queue goes past the 'Brighton Trains' sign you'll still only need to wait for one train to go before getting on the next. And the wait will be circa 10 minutes in the queue. It's NOTHING. Yet there's bleating every match despite the situation being considerably worse in any number of away places i could mention.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
I'd like to back this up.

And the best thing is you don't need to leave early to get on a train very quickly. Even when the queue goes past the 'Brighton Trains' sign you'll still only need to wait for one train to go before getting on the next. And the wait will be circa 10 minutes in the queue. It's NOTHING. Yet there's bleating every match despite the situation being considerably worse in any number of away places i could mention.

Would be nice to have airport style travelators from 50 yards in front of the club shop to the Brighton Trains sign though wouldn't it!? :shrug:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here