Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Brentford fans

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Were you at Luton when some WSF got in the home end,? it was a lively place, remember they came into a pub before the game slapped a few people ,took us by surprise
regards
DR

We heard about that in the ground, it also kicked off at half time underneath the stand....We were in the pub by the town hall. There was some milling around outside when we were drinking inside and playing pool...door flew open and it was like the ok corral.

Took the police about 20 minutes to sort that out!

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
The Brentford fans were really poor considering their numbers.

Sep 30, 2006
Up in the Gods
Possibly the worst away fans we've had at the Amex so far.

Yep, they need to get a grip and have a word with themselves.

"Sing on our own" was the first song they sang and that was only after they scored. Oh, by the way Brentford, we'd been singing a long while before you.

Their next opus was "we're just too good for you". Oh, if you hadn't noticed Brentford, we had a player sent off. Before the sending off we were the better team in the 2nd half. Oh and don't forget you also had a Ref & the West Stand lino giving you everything.

Their encore really showed the level of their delusion & misplaced self importance, as they serenaded us with "you only came for the Brentford". Welll, sorry to disappoint you, but I don't give a monkeys about your club.

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
Their encore really showed the level of their delusion & misplaced self importance, as they serenaded us with "you only came for the Brentford". Welll, sorry to disappoint you, but I don't give a monkeys about your club.

You do know that was tongue in cheek, don't you?

WBB

Jan 17, 2015
Oh dear. I suppose you lot have to try and take something from the game! I thought our support was decent. Not great, not poor but decent. We are better with something to bounce off and there wasn't a lot coming from the home support. Tbh it was all a bit "nice". Nice ground, nice support, nice pies, nice beer, nice stewards, etc. Seen us play you at Goldstone, Withdean and Gillingham and never remember it being so pleasant. Quite the opposite; there y
used to be some right old battles in that park near the Goldstone! Oh and they should give some valium out to some of the fans near the segregation. I thought one or two were going to have heart attacks after they heard some not very clever "banter" from our side!

SIMMO SAYS

Jul 31, 2012
Incommunicado
Oh dear. I suppose you lot have to try and take something from the game! I thought our support was decent. Not great, not poor but decent. We are better with something to bounce off and there wasn't a lot coming from the home support. Tbh it was all a bit "nice". Nice ground, nice support, nice pies, nice beer, nice stewards, etc. Seen us play you at Goldstone, Withdean and Gillingham and never remember it being so pleasant. Quite the opposite; there y
used to be some right old battles in that park near the Goldstone! Oh and they should give some valium out to some of the fans near the segregation. I thought one or two were going to have heart attacks after they heard some not very clever "banter" from our side!

You deserve to be where you are in the league and as I said earlier you have decent support.
Your keeper made a few outstanding saves but overall you deserved the win.

Bombadier Botty

Complete Twaddle
Jun 2, 2008

Treat everything you read on here with the disdain it deserves.

100% agree with the "nice" stuff.

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
Excellent numbers but dreadful noise from them.

Seagull on the wing

Sep 22, 2010
Hailsham
Thought the Bee fans were OK (except for the idiot who got thrown out for bending down to waggle his backside )...seen better,seen worse fans..

Kuipers Supporters Club

Feb 10, 2009
GOSBTS

If you mean the bloke who was kicked out for homophobia abuse? Yeah it's only gays who cares! I wonder would your view be the same if they were giving monkey gestures rather than showing their arse to fans?
After all, it's only Banter!! :dunce:

El Turi

Injured
Aug 13, 2005
Argentina

You have a point about everything being too nice. It's extended to the team as well by gifting points to most opposition teams that visit.

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth

I am old skool and I would prefer that abuse was raining down on you from all sides in the name if banter and you could slice the atmosphere with a knife.
But you visited a stadium for the future where you are treated as guests, you even get your local beer and I do not think that any apologies should be dished out for treating away fans in the way we do.
Many clubs are consulting Brighton or looking to copy us in this respect, so I very much look forward to being treated nicely in your nice new corporate stadium soon because it will happen and the middle class who live in those nice terraced houses in Brentford, Ealing and Chiswick will help to fill it for you, but whatever you do don't sing or swear because they wont like it.
I have a feeling your new ground will have a coffee outlet on each corner.

BFC

Jan 18, 2015
In honesty I thought our support yesterday was below average and poor for us. We've had far better away supports this season particularly at Watford and Millwall where there was near constant noise. The sitting down thing annoys a lot of us but unfortunately with allocated seating you can't choose where you go and we have a lot of elderly people who follow us and have been for decades, since before fans like me were born, and they're unable to stand all game. Usually it gets worked out amongst ourselves with them sitting towards the front and those who want to stand which is probably the majority of us going towards the back, but that was impossible yesterday, resulting in most having to sit all game. Does annoy me, especially when some other clubs have away support who stand all game to a fan, but got to deal with it. Noise was average at best from us yesterday by our standards, quite a bit of singing but again due to allocated seating the loudest were split up and we only really got going together a handful of times.

I didn't think your support was great either mind you.

As for it being our "cup final", where to start with that. It's a fixture many wanted to do, chance for a day out in Brighton, new ground and a relief to go to Brighton away and not have to go to the Withdean. We'd have taken more than we did to you to Watford if we could, will do to Reading, and quite obviously Fulham away is the big one for us.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here