Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[News] Breaking News - Nigel Farage

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
The beginning of the end of all of our right to freedom of speach.
Now I’m not suggesting I agree with a lot of what he says or does, but this is a slippery slope we are now sliding down.

Too many corporate institutions will be scared senseless to be connected with anyone who has even farted too loudly.

Watch the hysteria then.

Perish the day that an institution (or business) decides that having itself represented by someone so toxic it puts off the punters, the advertisers and anyone else that gives it what it craves (its income) is probably not in its best interests. To my recollection, not bowing to public and economic pressure ceased to be part of the British social and economic way some time between the launch of ITV and the last of Thatcher's flogging of the family silver (tell Sid).

I'm sorry to learn that you're going to be deprived of someone whose utterances you only partially agree. That truly must be a slippery slope for you. I hope you land softly at the bottom of it and make a full and swift recovery. Something tells me you'll be just fine.

Oh, and: speech. It's speech. And like knowing when to call a spade a spade, its free deployment comes with responsibility.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
The beginning of the end of all of our right to freedom of speach.
Now I’m not suggesting I agree with a lot of what he says or does, but this is a slippery slope we are now sliding down.

Too many corporate institutions will be scared senseless to be connected with anyone who has even farted too loudly.

Watch the hysteria then.

The LBC slot was only one (transient) part of Farage’s career and lust for limelight. He won’t disappear, you’ll still see him around on TV for years to come.

The show was rubbish. A very poor man’s Nick Ferrari or Iain Dale, Farage took calls and generally agreed with everyone, lacking the guts to challenge, he had no oomph or depth about him. I was gutted when I tuned in to learn it was Farage and not one of the other presenters.

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
I was just on the Milwall equivalent just to get their take on molumby and wow farage is well liked (naturally) some of the stuff posted was truly out the dark ages

A Millwall fan straying onto NSC might be forgiven in thinking they've accidentally clicked on the Guardian comments section :D

Wellesley

Jul 24, 2013
Don't you just love the bed wetters
Regards
DF

Brexit on the way, four more years of Boris, it's such fun seeing the muppets on here constantly crying and turning almost every thread into a political one, whilst knowing there's f*** all they can do about it. Pillocks without a mind of their own that believe everything they see on the BBC, Channel 4 and in The Guardian. Brexit is bad, Boris is bad, patriotism is bad, England and English culture is bad. Turkeys voting for Christmas. Thank God this board is no reflection of the UK in general. Thank God for Nigel.

Jan 30, 2008
Brexit on the way, four more years of Boris, it's such fun seeing the muppets on here constantly crying and turning almost every thread into a political one, whilst knowing there's f*** all they can do about it. Pillocks without a mind of their own that believe everything they see on the BBC, Channel 4 and in The Guardian. Brexit is bad, Boris is bad, patriotism is bad, England and English culture is bad. Turkeys voting for Christmas. Thank God this board is no reflection of the UK in general. Thank God for Nigel.

Yes mate, deluded clowns living in a bubble ,do you think its just about to pop :hilton:
Regards
DF

Wellesley

Jul 24, 2013
Yes mate, deluded clowns living in a bubble ,do you think its just about to pop :hilton:
Regards
DF

One day, maybe one day soon. Their heads are so far in the sand that they will never notice until it's too late. Shame on them.

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
I think what a number of people are missing here is the growing outrage of other staff who work for media companies and their wider groups.

You've seen the same thing at Facebook.

Media companies (irrespective of their output) are companies after all and staff have to follow all sorts of guidelines, just as we all do.

If you are contracted say and do the right thing and behave appropriately on the "shop floor" but the "talent" (i.e. other employees) are posting things on Twitter or saying things in programmes that you would end up in HR over, then it's potential anarchy.

That's my take on things at the moment and I think it's as much about that than people complaining on social media or writing angry letters.

With LBC and Farage specifically, I'd imagine a number of advertisers have been writing emails too. That's just business.

If a random DIY chain doesn't want to be associated with LBC because it's bad for it's "brand" it will just pull its advertising overnight.

If that money goes LBC is off air.

Farage is an expendable small cog in very big machine. LBC isn't a public service, it's just a business.

Klaas

I've changed this
Nov 1, 2017
One day, maybe one day soon. Their heads are so far in the sand that they will never notice until it's too late. Shame on them.

Amazing. Chumming along with anti-semite, all round racist Das Reich, and talking about shame on others :lol:

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012

Thank God most people on here have got more sense than you. People who read the Guardian and watch Channel 4 News more likely do so BECAUSE they have a mind of their own and don't lap up the tosh that Garage expounds and the twisted bile of the Mail and the Express.

rogersix

Jan 18, 2014

which media outlets do you utilise?

knocky1

Jan 20, 2010

:lol::lol:
Not many would have the balls to write that. It says a lot.
Classic NSC Gold.

Mo Gosfield

Aug 11, 2010
The LBC slot was only one (transient) part of Farage’s career and lust for limelight. He won’t disappear, you’ll still see him around on TV for years to come.

The show was rubbish. A very poor man’s Nick Ferrari or Iain Dale, Farage took calls and generally agreed with everyone, lacking the guts to challenge, he had no oomph or depth about him. I was gutted when I tuned in to learn it was Farage and not one of the other presenters.

Funny how he had the second highest listening figures behind Ferrari. Where does that put Dale and O'Brien and the others then? Oh....sorry....I didn't realise....he had one of the two best slots on the network.....silly me.

Deportivo Seagull

I should coco
Jul 22, 2003
Mid Sussex
Funny how he had the second highest listening figures behind Ferrari. Where does that put Dale and O'Brien and the others then? Oh....sorry....I didn't realise....he had one of the two best slots on the network.....silly me.

Farage on LBC. .... A turd attracting flies.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here