• Hate it

• It’s okay

• Monorail

Results are only viewable after voting.

jcdenton08

Enemy of the People
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
I can’t get enough of this stuff at the moment. I have it every Christmas in turkey sandwiches, but after an outstanding ploughman’s lunch last week, I think I’m developing a bit of an addiction.

I decided to broaden my horizons and try a couple of other brands to compare, including some rather posh and expensive stuff which was absolutely vile and a supermarket own brand pale imitation which didn’t taste quite right.

Along with Yorkshire Tea, I think I am becoming a brand ambassador for Branston.

(Their baked beans are king too; beat Heinz into a cocked hat).

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
Love it but generally avoid sugary foods like that.

However, the small chunk version with cheddar on toast would be considered a national classic in Spanish Tapas bars.

They have something similar with their Manchego and basically quince jam.

We've managed to get them hooked on our Gin and Tonic and I'm surprised nobody has ever attempted to get the Spanish hooked.

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
Perfect accompaniment to cheddar - but If its not chunky, then I'm out.

(thats what she said)

Haven't eaten for years, but I used to interchange. The smaller chunks were clearly a reaction to bread break though issue.

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
I don't have a sweet tooth at all, never crave it. Which is lucky because most sweeteners on the market convert my backend into a nuclear missile.

That and decongestants.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
At least it's 100%n better than Branston beans. Branston pickle, very nice - but the beans?.......... yeugh! Shouldn't be allowed in a civilised society!

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Haven't eaten for years, but I used to interchange. The smaller chunks were clearly a reaction to bread break though issue.
You just need to embrace the carrot cubes. And only have thick sliced bread (I see no point of that thin/medium crapola).

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London
You just need to embrace the carrot cubes. And only have thick sliced bread (I see no point of that thin/medium crapola).

bWize

Nov 6, 2007
At least it's 100%n better than Branston beans. Branston pickle, very nice - but the beans?.......... yeugh! Shouldn't be allowed in a civilised society!
Couldn't agree more, a truly vile concoction! Would choose supermarket value beans over them. The pickle is OK but not anything special compared to others.

Last edited:

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
I occasionally go through a phase of craving cheese and pickle sandwiches, and when I do the pickle has to be Branston. The phase never lasts long though, and I'm left with a half-empty jar of pickle sitting in the back of the fridge. Indeed I think there's one there now from my last craving period back before the Pandemic.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I do love Branson but it has to be the original and not the small chunk version. Piccalilli is another favorite.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
Picalilli is my Christmas holiday addiction.

Perfect addition to Cheese, Turkey or Gammon sandwiches.
Won't touch it again until next Christmas though.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Picalilli is my Christmas holiday addiction.

Perfect addition to Cheese, Turkey or Gammon sandwiches.
Won't touch it again until next Christmas though.
Same here. And dont forget the pork pie, Picallili is the perfect accompaniment

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

Pickles

May 5, 2014
Who wouldn't love pickles?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here