Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Boxing fight...

HseagullsH

NSC's tipster
May 15, 2008
Brighton
Cannot disagree. though any time I've had physical altercations with anyone have been in a very different circumstance. Apart from when I used to box (in a very low level and as a sport) I wouldn't wnt to go around fighting folks, especially a mate.

I don't see why everyone on here sees it as such a big deal. It's just friendly rivalry. I'm sure I'll win, he seems to think he can win and it's a good excuse to try and swap the unhealthy eating and drinking habits of uni for a healthier lifestyle.

Get fit, win £500. Win/win!

I doubt either of us would get seriously hurt if we are wearing the helmets. Perhaps a few cuts at most.

Lady Gull

Aug 6, 2011
West sussex
I don't see why everyone on here sees it as such a big deal. It's just friendly rivalry. I'm sure I'll win, he seems to think he can win and it's a good excuse to try and swap the unhealthy eating and drinking habits of uni for a healthier lifestyle.

Friendly rivalry? That's why it won't work - now if you were to say you were fighting a palace fan - then you would have got a different reaction and you would have had an incentive to beat the shit out of them!!!

Surely there is a better way to get fit and adopt a healthier lifestyle than to train for six months to beat a mate up? LOL

I doubt either of us would get seriously hurt if we are wearing the helmets. Perhaps a few cuts at most.

Hmmmm here's hoping!!!!!

Sep 7, 2011
shoreham
It won't be boxing though, will it? at best it will be a bit of hugging which may represent wrestling at best, and a bit of pushing and shoving and name calling!

It's all ready being built up as the "Bare knuckle fight of the century" when in fact it will be a "short trouser wetting excercise" :lol:

On a serious note (why on earth I am responding to this on any form of serious note i really do not know :facepalm: ) Don't do it!!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ezcn_eSMLbg

Direct Dave

Oct 26, 2011
Also, my friend would only agree to do the fight without headwear. Is this safe? Neither has boxed properly before and I thought we'd have to wear headwear as it was obviously not a professional fight!

I've been following Boxing since a wee boy, mainly due to a member of my family taking part in the sport to a professional level.
I just wanted to ad a couple of tips, firstly if you do plan a fight I would only recommend no more than 5 or 6 minutes, maybe 3, 2 minute rounds at the most, although you'll both be doing well to be holding your arms up after this amount of boxing anyways.

As for the headwear?, I had to look this one up on google as I'd never heard of headwear in the world of boxing.
This is what I found after typing the word in google, I don't think it's what you'll need in the ring...
headwear01.jpg

If you're looking for head protection then you'll be wanting to look up 'Headguard'
HeadGuardSuper.jpg

Last edited:

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007

Right got it, you are students.

Better start looking for new friends.
You cannot do a fight for money and not try very hard to win, and you then need to actually hit a friend with some venom and intent to hurt him.
Then after someone lays the other one out, the loser will feel a bit second-rate I imagine - and although the winner will see it as 'no big deal, fight between mates and well manly and everything', the loser will not completely be happy about it. There will perhaps be some snide or trying to nick the other one's bird.
It can't work.

If you value the friendship, then don't put a price up for losing it.

BHABen

Jan 12, 2010
Ive been following boxing and been doing boxing traning for 23 years, the fitness is second to none, however if you do go ahead with this, and you manage to rock your opponent, because £500 is on the line will you go for the knockout. From past experience things will always get a little tasty between mates no matter how close you are.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here