Boxing fight...

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

HseagullsH

NSC's tipster
May 15, 2008
Brighton
Right, I've recently arranged to fight my friend for a large sum of money.

This is just between two friends, and we will have another friend reffing. Any ideas where we could legally do it? Are there boxing rings or areas to hire which would allow us to fight?

Also, my friend would only agree to do the fight without headwear. Is this safe? Neither has boxed properly before and I thought we'd have to wear headwear as it was obviously not a professional fight!

amexee

Jun 19, 2011
haywards heath

This is just between two friends, and we will have another friend reffing. Any ideas where we could legally do it? Are there boxing rings or areas to hire which would allow us to fight?

Also, my friend would only agree to do the fight without headwear. Is this safe? Neither has boxed properly before and I thought we'd have to wear headwear as it was obviously not a professional fight!

make it bare knuckle and I am sure you will find a caravan site ready to accommodate you

D

Deleted member 18477

HIT HIM!!!! f***ing HIT HIM!!!! haha reminds me of school days out in the school fields at lunch time.

Is boxing safe even with head gear? No. come on, the head was not made to be hit over and over. boxers have a lot of leg, back and neck strength to accomodate such punishment. They still get hurt though.

how much is the prize anyway?

HAILSHAM SEAGULL

Nov 9, 2009
Hope your boxing is better than your tipping, otherwise it'll be over before the 1st bell

HseagullsH

NSC's tipster
May 15, 2008
Brighton
I just saw it as a chance to win some easy dosh. My friends don't think I will win, so they have bet £500 that I lose. The guy I'm fighting, SeagullTim, is more than up for the challenge.

It's just a bit of fun and something to train for/get fit for. He's a bit bigger than me now, with a lot of extra fat/weight than me so need to beef up! It's being arranged for 6 months time if its possible to sort it out properly...

Last edited:

skipper734

Registered ruffian
Aug 9, 2008
Curdridge
1st Rule of Fight Club. Never Talk about Fight Club. :rave:

hitony

Administrator
Jul 13, 2005
South Wales (im not welsh !!)
It won't be boxing though, will it? at best it will be a bit of hugging which may represent wrestling at best, and a bit of pushing and shoving and name calling!

It's all ready being built up as the "Bare knuckle fight of the century" when in fact it will be a "short trouser wetting excercise" :lol:

On a serious note (why on earth I am responding to this on any form of serious note i really do not know :facepalm: ) Don't do it!!

Lady Gull

Aug 6, 2011
West sussex
£500 - Christ I thought you said it was a large sum of money?

I'd want a substantial sum of money to even step foot inside a boxing ring!!!

Jelly wrestling - is the future - I bet that's well funny!!!!

Gullys Cats

Sausage by the sea!!!
Nov 27, 2010
NSC

Good friends then???.......

White collar boxing is the route to go down, my dad is a boxing trainer, i would recommend some training or just stop being friends.

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath

Are you taking the piss? Are you worried about getting arrested or something :lolol: :facepalm:

We used to play boxing all the time as kids, just do it somewhere private. Headware will just get in your way and will be more of a hindrance.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports