Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] Boxing Day is better than Christmas Day

Jul 7, 2003
I know I’m in a minority but I liked last year. Chilled morning, able to enjoy the afternoon horse racing before heading off to the Amex for football while there is nothing worth watching on the telly.

tedebear

Legal Alien
Jul 7, 2003
In my computer
I've just rebuilt a very old water pump found on our new allotment patch . . . Going to head round and investigate the tank and well it lives with, hopefully have it all fully functioning Soon. I need to make a new handle for it, but the pumps restored and works. From a little online research I think it's about 90-100 years old. As good as new inside

And I'm going to grow stuff on the plot around it, hurrah :ROFLMAO: :cool: :clap: Very handy to be married to an engineer, when you need engineery type things to be done...Loving our new (to us) pump!

Seagull58

In the Algarve
Jan 31, 2012
Vilamoura, Portugal
Finished the Xmas pud with custard for a late breakfast. Watched Journo Killers FC lose at home, turkey with stuffing and cranberry sauce for a late lunch. Now watching PLB v Fulham with port and red wine. Looking forward to the turkey durban masala thus evening followed by some Stilton with the last of the port.
Back to normal tomorrow, turkey rolls with chilli sauce after a bike ride.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Boxing Day is a gazillion times better than Christmas Day. Opened up at midnight by the Melbourne Test.

My most (or least, perhaps) memorable Boxing Day was that of the Melbourne Test in 2010.

England bowled, and I decided to have a Baileys for every wicket they took before I went to bed. I watched for four hours.

Australia were bowled out for 98.

My other half was none too pleased about A) Me not getting up B) The state I was in.

I just blamed Strauss for deciding to bowl.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Latest ETA is half time in the Sheffield Utd v Luton game. The extra 20 mins baking means I’d give it ten afterwards. Expecting to sound the all clear about 16:00.
Happy Christmas to you, Mrs GB, and the not so little anymore GBs

I hope you had air freshener as a present.

If I go to an away match again, I'll check the luggage racks before I get off at Brighton. I'm assuming the apple won't fall far from the tree...

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Happy Christmas to you, Mrs GB, and the not so little anymore GBs

I hope you had air freshener as a present.

If I go to an away match again, I'll check the luggage racks before I get off at Brighton. I'm assuming the apple won't fall far from the tree...
:lolol:

A very Merry Christmas to you too mate.

Yeah, he knows the luggage rack story!

jakarta

May 25, 2007
Sullington
Boxing Day is a gazillion times better than Christmas Day. Opened up at midnight by the Melbourne Test.

My most (or least, perhaps) memorable Boxing Day was that of the Melbourne Test in 2010.

England bowled, and I decided to have a Baileys for every wicket they took before I went to bed. I watched for four hours.

My other half was none too pleased about A) Me not getting up B) The state I was in.

I was there! As were 90,000 Aussies at the start, somewhat less at the end. 98 all out then England 157-0 at the end of day one.

You should have seen the Aussie papers the next morning, Worst team/captain ever etc. Aside from Sussex winning the C&G at Lords my best cricket day.

Finished day with prawns on the barbie at Mrs Jakarta's Cousin's place with a few cold ones...

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade

I was there! As were 90,000 Aussies at the start, somewhat less at the end. 98 all out then England 157-0 at the end of day one.

You should have seen the Aussie papers the next morning, Worst team/captain ever etc. Aside from Sussex winning the C&G at Lords my best cricket day.

Finished day with prawns on the barbie at Mrs Jakarta's Cousin's place with a few cold ones...
Yesterday I got The Times Cricket Grounds of the World book as one of my presents. Each major ground comes with a reprint of The Times report from an iconic day or match that took place there.

Guess what they chose for the MCG?

Sid and the Sharknados

NSC Patron
Sep 4, 2022
Darlington

Some cracking bowling from Rabada in the South Africa v India match earlier. The ball to get rid of Kohli was probably as close to unplayable as you'll see.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here