Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Boxing Day Hunt

DJ Leon

Aug 30, 2003
Hassocks
Strewth. This still going on? Quite simple all you animal-lovers who reckon it's cruel or barbaric - go vegetarian or have the guts (sic) to go to an abbatoir or battery farm and see how your meat gets from a living creature to your dinner table or takeaway.

Hunting's a darn sight more humane than some of the farming methods that you lot don't seem to give a shit about. Mind you, from most of the replies in this thread it's not actually about the animal, more to do with the fact that you perceive the hunters to be toffs. No war like a class war.

I am against the cruel killing of animals for fun. The moment that my beef comes from cows hunted and then killed as part of some kind of social ritual is the moment I do become a vegetarian.

I couldn't care less the class of those hunting, I just think killing for fun is SICK.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Good call Junior. My son and daughter will get to ride out with the Cowdray hunt for the first time this year. Should be a good day and the weather looks set fine for a hack around Petworth. Enjoy your day.

How far did the Palestinian get before you caught him ?

Guy Fawkes

The voice of treason
Sep 29, 2007
The sport is simply a human organised fight between two species, nothing more nothing less.

It has no parallel in nature at all and the dogs do not get on simply with their lives as before. They are bred for the purpose of killing and when their purpose is done they are destroyed.

It's a human activity the same way a football match is. Let's be honest about that and stop pretending what's happening is part of nature.

And what is a dog? - what animal does it decend from? and how does it act when wild and not domesticated?

The trouble is that dogs are only ever seen as pets now and no longer a wild animal with natural instincts and decendance of wolves

Humans are naturally hunter gatherers, they also went out to kill wild animals to feed, cloth themselves etc, but due to the easy living that everyone is now used to, our natural behavior is also forgotten. - If there ever was a natural disaster and people had to fend and find food for themselves (even if for only a short time) humans would struggle without the luxury lifestyle that people are used to. (going to supermarkets to buy pre-prepared meats rather than catching, and cooking their own meals first.

chip

Jul 7, 2003
Glorious Goodwood
How far did the Palestinian get before you caught him ?

About 10 feet, thanks. It would have been much more fun with a pack of dogs, but that vermin insists on firing missiles first and we prefer to bash the dogs with crooks if they are going to spoil the kill.

Horses Arse

Jun 25, 2004
here and there
About 10 feet, thanks. It would have been much more fun with a pack of dogs, but that vermin insists on firing missiles first and we prefer to bash the dogs with crooks if they are going to spoil the kill.

COCK!!

(well most of one anyway)

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
And what is a dog? - what animal does it decend from? and how does it act when wild and not domesticated?

The trouble is that dogs are only ever seen as pets now and no longer a wild animal with natural instincts and decendance of wolves

Humans are naturally hunter gatherers, they also went out to kill wild animals to feed, cloth themselves etc, but due to the easy living that everyone is now used to, our natural behavior is also forgotten. - If there ever was a natural disaster and people had to fend and find food for themselves (even if for only a short time) humans would struggle without the luxury lifestyle that people are used to. (going to supermarkets to buy pre-prepared meats rather than catching, and cooking their own meals first.

Fox hunting is good preparation for a nucleaur holocaust or meteor strike ?

Fox hounds quite obviously aren't wolves, selective breeding by humans has dealt with that. Bred for a purpose, and selectively knocked off by humans at half their natural lifespan.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I really can't understand why fox hunters are so defensive and passionate about what they do. Look at Otis Ferry, he seems so overly devoted that it has consumed him. In his case it seems that the fact that he cannot legally see dogs rip a fox to pieces means that he should invade parliament, interfere with witnessess etc. Is he all there?

I would love to go out in rural England on a trials bike through fields and forests, enjoying the peace and quiet and the shear beauty of this country, so I can see why horsey types want to. Why it needs to involve ripping up an animal, I'll never know - wouldn't enhance my enjoyment of a few hours mxing.

I also hate the bullshit and the secracy. We are supossed to believe that a few dozen hunters turn up, ride out, randomly come across a fox and then nature takes its course while they do sterling work in vermin control. Pull the other one. Apart from death by cars, most (many I think) foxes are shot. Dogs have to be trained by a process called cubbing which is something not discussed very openly it seems. Wiping blood on faces? Lovely.

Ann Widdicome summed it up best for me - it belongs in the past.

I want to chase George Osborne round the countryside and then give him a good hiding. We need to prevent these animals destroying our country.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
. Running over our land freely as if they own it up and down and make unbelievable damage with the horses it costs us money. Its far better in this day and age to just shoot them, there is no place for this tradition anymore.

I'm as country as you can get, but I don't think hunts have a purpose anymore.

9 pages, and the most intelligent post on the whole thing comes from the lad once derided on here as NSC's very own village idiot. Uni is obviously doing the boy good.

Those of you in the pro camp, stop and actually read it. He's 100% right.

Gully

Monkey in a seagull suit.
Apr 24, 2004
Way out west
9 pages, and the most intelligent post on the whole thing comes from the lad once derided on here as NSC's very own village idiot. Uni is obviously doing the boy good.

I would go with that, having grown up in a fairly rural part of Sussex, more damage was done by those who followed the hunt than by the hunters themselves...tearing up the lanes and hedgerows in their 4x4s. If a fox is a pest, as many are, then dispatch it quickly and humanely with a gun...rather than go through the whole charade that it is a sport and part of our tradition as a nation.

If you go back 150 years we still had slavery, sent children up chimmneys and didn't have universall suffrage...all of those were morally wrong and we developed as a society to get rid of them, I see the ending of fox-hunting as part of that continued development. If you want to take a step back as a nation to bring back fox hunting then the message is clear, vote Tory at the next election.

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006

What about those of us in the couldn't really care one way or the other camp? Can I still mock the mongtard?

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
What about those of us in the couldn't really care one way or the other camp? Can I still mock the mongtard?

On this occasion no, he's actually spot on and as he says, he's country boy with a much better grasp of the situation than most on here.

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
On this occasion no, he's actually spot on and as he says, he's country boy with a much better grasp of the situation than most on here.

Oh f*** off. He's just got a different opinion. I could introduce you to REAL country types from deepest darkest Somerset and Devon who would vociferously disagree with you there.

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK

You MUST. NSC expects.

I can't understand why pro-hunting people can't just admit that jumping and prancing around other people's fields on a horse whilst wearing silly clothing is clearly terrific FUN for them. I mean, I reckon it's well weird myself but then maybe they'd think I was odd for spending so long playing the piano very badly. They should just say that, rather than prattling on about pest control etc.

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
You MUST. NSC expects.

I can't understand why pro-hunting people can't just admit that jumping and prancing around other people's fields on a horse whilst wearing silly clothing is clearly terrific FUN for them. I mean, I reckon it's well weird myself but then maybe they'd think I was odd for spending so long playing the piano very badly. They should just say that, rather than prattling on about pest control etc.

I agree. I really do. And then I'd like the ant-camp to also admit that a major part of the dislike is the perceived class thing.

I don't get why so many people get so hot under the collar about it. It doesn't affect our lives here in suburbia or umm.... urbia. Let 'em get on with it and focus on the real enemy. Golf.

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
Oh f*** off. He's just got a different opinion. I could introduce you to REAL country types from deepest darkest Somerset and Devon who would vociferously disagree with you there.

Why knock Adrie when he's actually posted something sensible. Mind you, as you have already said you don't care anyway so why bother to post anything then ? Surely not an attempt at taking HB&B's 'Look at Me' title ?

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
Why knock Adrie when he's actually posted something sensible. Mind you, as you have already said you don't care anyway so why bother to post anything then ? Surely not an attempt at taking HB&B's 'Look at Me' title ?

Eh? You're not too good at this holding a conversation mullarkey, are you?

You just said previously that his opinion was spot on because he came from the country. I merely pointed out that it was an opinion.

And me not holding firm views one way or the other is commonly known as sitting on the fence. You might have spotted that as an option on one or two NSC polls over the years. Are you telling me that those who vote "fence" in polls shouldn't contribute to threads?

I'm also slightly amused to be accused of self-aggrandising from a bloke who has previously claimed to have bedded my mum.

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
Eh? You're not too good at this holding a conversation mullarkey, are you?

You just said previously that his opinion was spot on because he came from the country. I merely pointed out that it was an opinion.

And me not holding firm views one way or the other is commonly known as sitting on the fence. You might have spotted that as an option on one or two NSC polls over the years. Are you telling me that those who vote "fence" in polls shouldn't contribute to threads?

I'm also slightly amused to be accused of self-aggrandising from a bloke who has previously claimed to have bedded my mum.

Your problem is that you are obnoxious about anything and anyone. Also your comments on this occasion are a tad hypocritical as if you don't care about the subject of this thread why post on it - 'what about those of us in the couldn't really care one way or the other camp??'. Of course I bear in mind that because you're such a sad bastard you harp back to a situation of some considerable time ago and as so typical of people like you, totally out on context.

Yes, another Look at me, I'm a complete tosser post by Buzzer, Happy New Year :lolol:.

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
*puts feet up, takes sip of gluehwein*

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
Your problem is that you are obnoxious about anything and anyone. Also your comments on this occasion are a tad hypocritical as if you don't care about the subject of this thread why post on it - 'what about those of us in the couldn't really care one way or the other camp??'. Of course I bear in mind that because you're such a sad bastard you harp back to a situation of some considerable time ago and as so typical of people like you, totally out on context.

Yes, another Look at me, I'm a complete tosser post by Buzzer, Happy New Year :lolol:.

Oh my days, we've got ourselves a binfest! :clap2:

Tell me, how does one possibly take a comment like "I f***ed your mum" out of context?

Last edited:

Stoo82

GEEZUS!
Jul 8, 2008
Hove
I could show you pictures of dead sheep that have been ripped apart by foxes. Im against animal crawlty (SP). Fox hunting is a pest control. Foxes are pests. When i was in the UK there were more and more foxes entering the towns and citys also reports of foxes entering houses and attacking children.

Farmers (they are the ones who go fox hunting mostley) can not just lay poison on the filds, any old animal could get it and die. So at the moment until someone can come up with a beter way of killing the pest and they cant just go up to them and shoot them becuase they run away. Hunting was the best way. But thats gone now. But make no mistake about this, the foxes have to be controled. Its crewl but so is has to be done.

Some one said earlier that farmers dont care for animals, (or something like that). Im sorry but that is aload of old bollocks. See a farmers face when a new animal is born becuase i can assure you its "not ooohh look thats anouther £100 worth of meat born.", they love the animals. Go live on a farm for a week or two and find out what it means to them.

I did not want to get involved in this debate. But hay you know i mean no disripect to any one who disagrees with me. Just there is always two sides to the story.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here