Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Bournmouth v Brighton & Hove Albion **** Official Match Thread ****

jimbob5

Banned
Sep 18, 2014
Do not like losing to Bmuff remember when they were our real rivals, they really should be in the third div. and certainly below us. Thought we have potential to get out of trouble if we can build on this performance.
Thay are above other teams as well lady

dejavuatbtn

Aug 4, 2010
Henfield
Personally I think we have players who could quite easily play in the top half of the table - but not with this formation. With Elliott Bennett here for a month I just hope he plays him and KLL as proper wingers and get some balls into the box.

Baldrick didn't look very happy with our fans after he scored, did he?

The Brighton Buzz

Falmer here we come
Jan 31, 2008
Well. You can fault Greer for the own goal. The entire defence for the 2nd. And Lewis dunk for the third.

Yep that's about it. When we stop making crap decisions in defence we might just win a game. Last year best defence in the league. Greer is not wirth his place in the team. Why did Sami start with Hughes knowing he would be needed in the next few games. Greer needs to be dropped, but now we have no cover so unfortunately he stays in the side on Tuesday. He's a liability at the moment. His form is rubbing off on the rest of the defence.

Feb 28, 2006
Eastleigh
Obviously not good enough for the bed wetting johhnny come lately boo boys, but they scored more than one goal for a change, a forward scored and they lost narrowly to a team which is currently in an automatic promotion place. One of the bed wetters is upset that we are lower in the league than a team they think is as small as Crawley. How do European Cup Winners Forrest feel after being thumped at Huddersfield, where we managed to draw last week. Please go and support another team bed wetters will you?

I am no johnny come lately having been going since 76 mate but i still get pissed off and we are heading one way at the moment.............fact!!!!

Codner's Wallop

Sep 11, 2013
A very gallant effort but our league position doesn't lie. There will be some who say Bournemouth are promotion candidates and we should have some perspective. There is some credence in that. But the likes of Rotherham, Brentford, Sheff Weds, Birmingham, aren't, and we still looked poor against them. Can't help feeling we have the makings of a really decent side, but Sami has made some horribly naive decisions that have cost us too many points. Those who have pilloried and abused him should be ashamed; like us, he will be desperate for success at the Albion. Unless anyone has evidence to disprove it, no-one can challenge his endeavour. But top end football is a brutal business and we have to be honest with our predicament. We are losing far too many games and while we look impotent in attack, we also look skittish in defence. It's with a heavy heart, because I want Sami to be the man, but I believe now is a good time for a change, before our players start to believe they really are relegation fodder and our confidence dissipates altogether.

Doc Lynam

I hate the Daily Mail
Jun 19, 2011
A few, but overall, we looked lost. Tex looked quality through the most part, but it was almost like he was looking for a pass but couldn't find one and we'd get numbers up there. Colunga and Baldock need someone to hold the ball up for them to then run on to. Fall backs whipping in crosses is not going to help.

I had posted earlier that both goals came through the centre midfield, funnily enough, when there was only a few Brighton players up in the box..

Agree giving these boys high ball to deal with is a waste of their strengths; intelligent passes over the top or through the channels. For the first time in a while though you actually see a descent structure to the team. For me i would still have Ince in for JFC.

BRIGHT ON Q

Jul 5, 2003
Tommy Elphick, another great give away from the Albion to a local rival.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Yep that's about it. When we stop making crap decisions in defence we might just win a game. Last year best defence in the league. Greer is not wirth his place in the team. Why did Sami start with Hughes knowing he would be needed in the next few games. Greer needs to be dropped, but now we have no cover so unfortunately he stays in the side on Tuesday. He's a liability at the moment. His form is rubbing off on the rest of the defence.

A) Calderon has played 4 games in 12 days and is not exactly in his prime, he needed a rest so that he could be used on tuesday and next saturday.
b) Why is Hughes needed for the next few games other than how he was used today, as cover.
c) Why have that option for cover and not use him in case he gets injured. You can't pick your team based on who you think is going to get injured.

Criticising the selection of Hughes is just ridiculous and unnecessary. If you want to criticise our manager there are plenty of legitimate complaints. This is not one of them.

GreersElbow

Jan 5, 2012
A Northern Outpost
Agree giving these boys high ball to deal with is a waste of their strengths; intelligent passes over the top or through the channels. For the first time in a while though you actually see a descent structure to the team. For me i would still have Ince in for JFC.
Disagree about structure, I didn't see much.

Looked a bit like anarchy at times in terms of positioning.

Worried Man Blues

Feb 28, 2009
Swansea
Unfortunately, tonight wasn't the night but we will overcome, shots i hear shots?

A very gallant effort but our league position doesn't lie. There will be some who say Bournemouth are promotion candidates and we should have some perspective. There is some credence in that. But the likes of Rotherham, Brentford, Sheff Weds, Birmingham, aren't, and we still looked poor against them. Can't help feeling we have the makings of a really decent side, but Sami has made some horribly naive decisions that have cost us too many points. Those who have pilloried and abused him should be ashamed; like us, he will be desperate for success at the Albion. Unless anyone has evidence to disprove it, no-one can challenge his endeavour. But top end football is a brutal business and we have to be honest with our predicament. We are losing far too many games and while we look impotent in attack, we also look skittish in defence. It's with a heavy heart, because I want Sami to be the man, but I believe now is a good time for a change, before our players start to believe they really are relegation fodder and our confidence dissipates altogether.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here