Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Bournemouth bid up to 3 million for a Birmingham teenager

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
supaseagull, which games of ours have you seen this season? I'm guessing it was the fortunate 8-0 at Brighton.

As for inevitable relegation, I'm thinking most of our fans would expect it anyway. This is probably the most successful period in our history. Much of the time has been spent in the bottom two divisions. We're realists enjoying the ride.

Brighton fans in the main seem sensible and willing to have a discussion. You just come across as a jealous and bitter knob.

I have to confess to being quite jealous of the way you have ripped this division up this season. I'd really like it to stop now though please :smile:

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Take my advice see what happened to Pompey. Keep spending at the rate you are then you'll end up in the same position.

You're in a completely false position at the moment based on luck and an element of inconsistency amongst the other clubs in the league.

You also don't have the infrastructure to withstand the inevitable relegation from the premier league if you do go up.

don't think I'm saying this out of jealousy, id rather us build up slowly to be ready for the premier league just as Swansea have done...we would rather get there and stay there, which is something you won't be able to do with your tinpot ground and tinpot club.

That comes across as incredibly bitter - NOBODY is in a false position more than halfway through the season. They were not one of the clubs sanctioned under FFP, they have sold and then reinvested well, play good football, are scoring for fun and (personally) I like seeing one of the smaller clubs in this league making a go of it. Looking down our noses sneering at clubs with smaller crowds and stadiums than ours while they're miles above us and flying in the league is not very edifying and yes, it does come across as petty jealousy from where I'm sitting.

Reginald Lorenzo

Dec 13, 2014
Icy, only time will tell whether we can last the pace, but at times the team has been a joy to watch. We score a lot, but we also concede too, and more physical teams can outwit us at times.

I, and a few thousand others, have watched so many years of dross, and now we're having a little slice of the good times. You've had more successful times than us and I'm sure things will revert one day.

D

Deleted member 22389

supaseagull, which games of ours have you seen this season? I'm guessing it was the fortunate 8-0 at Brighton.

As for inevitable relegation, I'm thinking most of our fans would expect it anyway. This is probably the most successful period in our history. Much of the time has been spent in the bottom two divisions. We're realists enjoying the ride.

Brighton fans in the main seem sensible and willing to have a discussion. You just come across as a jealous and bitter knob.

I think many of us got the warnings with Pompey. I don't want to see Bournemouth ending up like that. I hope you at least look at increasing your capacity, revenue streams because your going to need it. Unfortunately not every club has an endless pot of money like some of the clubs in Premier League, when the money stops we all know what happens next.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
Try as I might I can't get Google to find this mystical website that lists confidential things like individual players wages and contracts. Would one of you kind gentleman post the link please ?

Agreed this is the stuff of rumour and no doubt agent inspired shenanigans.
This does list clubs wages bills (ie: mostly players) in the Championship as reported in their public accounts for 2012/13.
http://www.theguardian.com/news/dat...p-club-accounts-profit-loss-and-the-wage-bill
Gus used to plead poverty in this regard but we were in the top 10 wage bills that season, and one of the highest outside of those receiving parachute budgets having substantially increased from 2011/12. The football budget increased again in 2013/14 for Oscar's season (according to the recently published accounts), and has increased again for 14/15 according to TBloom, who said early on this season that the wage bill for the club was the 'highest ever".
More in this vein via @elpresidente 's post >> http://www.northstandchat.com/content.php?434-The-2014-Albion-Financial-Review

But nope, true you won't find how much Tommy Elphick gets each month. Just have a look at the car park for training though for any club should give you a pretty good idea of where all the money goes.

PeterAFCB

Oct 30, 2014
There's a lot of differences between us and Pompey.

Also, the last set of saviors that went to Pompey before they collapsed, we rejected them. Our owner actually has money, a love for football and a track record of doing well by his other interests abroad.

No one knows what the future will hold, we go into it with our eyes wide open, but the amount of patronizing fans out there is ridiculous.

el punal

Bless you bitter souls.

Hurts to see us doing things so much better than your rabble, doesn't it?

Imagine spending 93mil on a stadium and then having a go at us.

Bless you.

Have fun in your relegation scrap.
Careful what you wish for sunshine. We've had a bad first half of the season, not to say that you might suffer the same in the second half

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Careful what you wish for sunshine. We've had a bad first half of the season, not to say that you might suffer the same in the second half

They'd need to sack Thunderbirds are Go Howe and employ Hyppia for that to happen

Jimmy Grimble

Try as I might I can't get Google to find this mystical website that lists confidential things like individual players wages and contracts. Would one of you kind gentleman post the link please ?

Given where Tommy and Steve are from and the fact they're still mates with some of the Albion lads down here, I'm sure you can deduce how I know what they're on. Both lovely, hard-working blokes - I certainly don't begrudge them it. I'm sure you know that anyway.

See my post above. I really couldn't give a flying fudge if anyone believes it or not. Just thought it would be interesting to share in a relevant thread.

Last edited:

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
See my post above. I really couldn't give a flying fudge if anyone believes it or not. Just though it would be interesting to share in a relevant thread.

I first heard this when we were challenging for promotion to the Premier League and they were still in League One. I only remember because it sounded so inconceivable but it has become obvious that money spent on the team is obviously not a problem for their owner. Just staggered that they are within FFP

Se20

Banned
Oct 3, 2012
Bless you bitter souls.

Hurts to see us doing things so much better than your rabble, doesn't it?

Imagine spending 93mil on a stadium and then having a go at us.

Bless you.

Have fun in your relegation scrap.

Don't take it personally, Brighton fans look down their noses at most teams .
This is a club who preach about fair play and being FFP compliant, then their fairy godfather votes to INCREASE the level of debt a club can make by another £5 mill for next season !

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
I find their whole financial situation deeply suspicious (particularly considering their previous history in that regard, and their relatively small crowds and lack of potential for expansion).

But whoever said they didn't deserve to be where they are in the table is badly misguided. They're there because they keep winning games, and no matter how they've come to acquire the players they have, the fact is, by this point in the season, you're roughly where you deserve to be, based on the results you've had. I can't abide Eddie Howe, but he just seems to fit Bournemouth like the proverbial glass slipper (with the added advantage for them that he's unlikely to ever leave them again), and he's doing an annoyingly great job.

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
Don't take it personally, Brighton fans look down their noses at most teams .
This is a club who preach about fair play and being FFP compliant, then their fairy godfather votes to INCREASE the level of debt a club can make by another £5 mill for next season !

Seriously, what do you get out of this because I'm buggered if I can see where the enjoyment is in hanging around on a rival's board making snide comments wherever possible and hoping someone will bite? Is your life that empty that this passes for fun in your world? You keep going on about supporting such a great team - well go and enjoy it then. There's really no need to keep trolling on here as some sort of vindication that everything's rosy in your world. It's not 'banter' it's just a bit sad really.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Their losses in 2012/13 were identical to ours, and they are within the FFP limits for 2013/14, so why all the fuss?

Some (unnamed) clubs submitted their accounts which came in for further scrutiny. The press release from the Football League mentioned this when they announced Leeds , Forest and Blackburn had all failed FFP compliance.

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
Don't know if it's been mentioned yet, but they pocketed a ridiculous and fundamentally undeserved £6million for the Lallana sale from Southampton (who nurtured him, developed him, gave him his chance in professional football) to Liverpool which will affect this seasons' accounts, so they've got a bit of money to play with there. I think the reality is that nobody on here (except perhaps [MENTION=31]El Presidente[/MENTION]) has a clue how they performed financially last season, how they're structured and how they intend (if they do intend to) comply with FFP.

In reality, our jealousy of their position and their squad is well founded. They've gone out and assembled a squad of players with a specific means of playing in mind, under a settled and well performing manager who has been in the role a couple of years. They have the stability off the pitch which we need, and it breeds good results. We were Bournemouth a few years ago under Gus, a settled manager sigining the players he wanted to assemble the squad he felt he needed to push for promotion. It ended badly for us, and in my petty and childish jealousy, I hope it ends the same way for them too! But not really, they've got a good squad and they're proving that stability breeds success - no matter the relative size of the club.

stevejoneslegend

Jan 20, 2011
OK folks... Firstly, as an Bournemouth supporter, I like BHA, I grew up in Hove, and if my folks had of taken me to a game before we moved to Bournemouth when I was 9, I would be visiting the AMEX every other week instead of Dean Court... So I don't come on here with any malicious intent or desire to gloat...

BUT, it does amaze me the 'selective' reading that goes on by some on here... As well as the overwhelming knowledge of AFCB players' wages, Owners' intent, and the lack of understanding of where we have come from in the last few years...

As I have posted before... roughly 80% of our starting team are from our time in Lg 1 (something that seems to be constantly overlooked). Yes we invested money into that team, but nowhere near the sums thats one quote on here... We sold Grabban for 3 million which we reinvested into Wilson... We recouped roughly 6 million from the Lama sale to Liverpool, which also has been reinvested into the playing side of things... The others were freebies (Gosling/Newcastle, Stanislas/Burnley) and loans (Boruc/Southampton)

I dont pretend to know anything about our wage structure, BUT, I know that Eddie Howe is Bournemouth through and through and he is not the type of manager to pay sums of money to players that will cripple the club... (my guestimate would be that the vast majority of our squad are on under £10k pw).

Both Howe's and (by all accounts) Demin's vision for the club is long term. Howe will not work with clowns that he doesn't believe in, hence his departure to Burnley, as he simply could not work under Mitchell... He left, Demin took over lock stock, and Howe is here, speaking very highly of the owner whenever asked... Howe is left to get on with his business, The chairman is as genuine a bloke as you'll find, and he has put his money where his mouth is when we really needed it... and Demin signs the cheques and is as silent an owner as you could hope for...

If we were throwing all our eggs into one basket, in a promotion or bust (as stated on here), with the owner wanting a quick buck, we would have bought several players already in this window for X millions... We have signed no one yet... We would have started building ridiculous stands, in prep for increased crowds... Instead we still have our 11k ground selling out, with no sign, yet, of infrastructure being sorted... Prob will end up being another massive temp stand...

Our bidding for this youngster makes sense in my book... 3 million now, and if he is good as the hype, a couple of seasons under Howe and you easily double that fee... Just good business IMO...

On a final note... WE PASSED FFP on every point... So why do people still harp on about it...!!! Move on as the more you go on about it, the more bitter it sounds...

So, as I said, I like BHA. I hope you pick up (which you will now under CH), and I hope you can go on a run and poss squeeze a play off spot... But, the whole 'tinpot', 'FFP', 'Little Bournemouth', 'Don't deserve to be top' moans are just getting boring...

PS... Eddie Howe in all his glory on Footy Focus in a bit if anyone interested on hearing how he has guided us to top :)

Good luck folks... and see you a t the Amex in a few months...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here