Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Bournemouth bid up to 3 million for a Birmingham teenager

pottert

Aug 12, 2009
Peacehaven
Without a doubt they have invested into their team.What cannot be questioned is they are getting results.They seem to score goals for fun.they also seem to score more away from home. 8 at Birmingham 6 at Blackpool 5 at Rotherham .We played them after they had scored 8 at Birmingham & we were really struggling yet although we lost we dominated large periods of that game.

D

Deleted member 22389

Nothing about Bournemouth suggests to me they are planning for sustainability, thinking long term, that's the main difference between us and them. We have the infrastructure already in place, and it's why after falling in line with FFP we can probably have another go at things. For all the moaning and grumbling at Barber for going on about FFP we might be slowly seeing the fruits of their labour.

I'm amazed at how well Bournemouth have done, it's clicked. It reminds me of our first season in the Championship. The hard part is repeating this success season after season and for that you need money that you can easily afford to pay back.

Last edited by a moderator:

Jimmy Grimble

Considering we were paying both Upson and Bridge upwards of £10,000 a week I find that very hard to believe.

Extremely generous yearly wage increases, initially ballooned by promotion related clauses two seasons ago.

PeterAFCB

Oct 30, 2014
Bless you bitter souls.

Hurts to see us doing things so much better than your rabble, doesn't it?

Imagine spending 93mil on a stadium and then having a go at us.

Bless you.

Have fun in your relegation scrap.

Last edited:

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Their losses in 2012/13 were identical to ours, and they are within the FFP limits for 2013/14, so why all the fuss?

Bless you bitter souls.

Bless you.

If you want to talk about your tinpot club, with its tinpot supporters in its tinpot stadium there is another thread running further down the page headed "can you polish a turd ?".

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
Bless you bitter souls.

Bless you.

You lot haven't won anything yet, losing at Leeds was just the start of whats now the business end of the season.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Gray looks very promising. Maybe we should be in for him using CMS as a sweetener. In terms of footballing facilities and quality of life, Brighton beats Bournemouth everytime, we could easily turn his head.

rgb

Jan 14, 2014
I realise the point has already been made in this thread (albeit gone over a few people's heads), but Bournemouth spend a ridiculous amount on wages for their income. Elphick and Cook earn more than any of our defenders have been on with us since we've been in the Championship. Bare in mind that includes Matt Upson, Wayne Bridge (the proportion of his wages we were paying) and Gordon Greer (captain of a side in the play offs two years in a row). They are still overachieving, but not by a long margin.

Hi Jimmy. I've a job interview there next week and would like to know what's the highest they'll pay. It's working as a speed-broomster, where the handle will be shoved up my ar$e and I have to run along the rows of seats, cleaning up after each game.

I noticed you have full knowledge of the wage structure, including results' bonuses and starting squad positions etc. (I think the position is in the 2nd Sweep Squadron)

If you could let me know what the wage ranges are for 7", 9" and rotating-beat-and-suck broomers, I'd appreciate it.

Reginald Lorenzo

Dec 13, 2014
I'm back, still trying to be friendly.

As I said a while back, many of the side now playing for us signed when we were in the Championship. Pitman played for us in League 2. We sold Grabban to Narch this summer, and received a large sum for Adam Llama, so there has been money coming in. Oh, and we got a couple of players from teams whose fans thought weren't good enough. ;-)

FFP isn't just about what a club spends. It can choose to spend whatever it likes as long as a certain amount of that debt is converted to equity.

And for fans who say they dont really care about us, I've noticed that the only other forum that has more threads on us than this one is the Bournemouth message board.

All the best for the rest of the season.

supaseagull

Feb 19, 2004
The United Kingdom of Mile Oak
Bless you bitter souls.

Bless you.

Take my advice see what happened to Pompey. Keep spending at the rate you are then you'll end up in the same position.

You're in a completely false position at the moment based on luck and an element of inconsistency amongst the other clubs in the league.

You also don't have the infrastructure to withstand the inevitable relegation from the premier league if you do go up.

don't think I'm saying this out of jealousy, id rather us build up slowly to be ready for the premier league just as Swansea have done...we would rather get there and stay there, which is something you won't be able to do with your tinpot ground and tinpot club.

Jimmy Grimble

Hi Jimmy. I've a job interview there next week and would like to know what's the highest they'll pay. It's working as a speed-broomster, where the handle will be shoved up my ar$e and I have to run along the rows of seats, cleaning up after each game.

I noticed you have full knowledge of the wage structure, including results' bonuses and starting squad positions etc. (I think the position is in the 2nd Sweep Squadron)

If you could let me know what the wage ranges are for 7", 9" and rotating-beat-and-suck broomers, I'd appreciate it.

Someone's touchy!

Given where Tommy and Steve are from and the fact they're still mates with some of the Albion lads down here, I'm sure you can deduce how I know what they're on. Both lovely, hard-working blokes - I certainly don't begrudge them it. I'm sure you know that anyway.

Reginald Lorenzo

Dec 13, 2014
supaseagull, which games of ours have you seen this season? I'm guessing it was the fortunate 8-0 at Brighton.

As for inevitable relegation, I'm thinking most of our fans would expect it anyway. This is probably the most successful period in our history. Much of the time has been spent in the bottom two divisions. We're realists enjoying the ride.

Brighton fans in the main seem sensible and willing to have a discussion. You just come across as a jealous and bitter knob.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
I realise the point has already been made in this thread (albeit gone over a few people's heads), but Bournemouth spend a ridiculous amount on wages for their income. Elphick and Cook earn more than any of our defenders have been on with us since we've been in the Championship. Bare in mind that includes Matt Upson, Wayne Bridge (the proportion of his wages we were paying) and Gordon Greer (captain of a side in the play offs two years in a row). They are still overachieving, but not by a long margin.

Considering we were paying both Upson and Bridge upwards of £10,000 a week I find that very hard to believe.

Extremely generous yearly wage increases, initially ballooned by promotion related clauses two seasons ago.

Try doubling them figures.

Oh and Norwich will win the league ;)

Its been well stated we were only paying £10k of Bridges wages.

Try as I might I can't get Google to find this mystical website that lists confidential things like individual players wages and contracts. Would one of you kind gentleman post the link please ?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here