Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Boris Johnson

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
I like him and hope he becomes Prime Minster, at least he's not a grey robot like the rest of them

Agreed he speaks a lot of sense and is not afraid to be a contrarian .... I think honesty will be his downfall at a national level. For example his strong pro immigration stance which doesn't correlate with wider societies view at present.

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
Agreed he speaks a lot of sense and is not afraid to be a contrarian .... I think honesty will be his downfall at a national level. For example his strong pro immigration stance which doesn't correlate with wider societies view at present.

Jesus Christ its people like you that'll drag this country to hell!

Common as Mook

Not Posh as Fook
Jul 26, 2004
Inverse snobbery at its best on here. Disliked because of his schooling and accent. Pathetic.

Dandyman

In London village.
London has been a great place to live under his stewardship. Jealous of whatever constituency has him as their MP.

London is in the middle of a housing crisis, has experienced inflation plus transport cost rises, some awful major planning decisions,savage cuts to public services (impacting particularly on the least well off and mot vulnerable) and has the same problems of falling living standards and cuts in the real value of wages as the rest of the country.

Johnson is a lazy, incompetent, right-wing con artist who has done nothing to address any of those issues. The only pleasure in him becoming an MP will be watching the Night of the Long Knives that will follow Cameron's defeat in May 2015.

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
excellent cop out.

Put it this way. A fair few allegations have been made against him which I believe, plus a fair few sold facts, they are all easy to find on google. After all the Hoohaa with the paedophile threads I am not going to post these or provide links.

My belief is he is a nasty piece of work. Many believe different and like him. There is democracy in action. Be happy about it.

Lawro's Lip

Feb 14, 2004
West Kent
Eddie Mair's interview, on you tube is worth a watch. 'Boris' the TV personality seems popular. Not sure how popular Boris Johnson the politician would be.

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
Someone once referred to him as the kind of man who would have died leading a cavalry charge into a volcano.

Vegas Seagull

Jul 10, 2009
Put it this way. A fair few allegations have been made against him which I believe, plus a fair few sold facts, they are all easy to find on google. After all the Hoohaa with the paedophile threads I am not going to post these or provide links.

My belief is he is a nasty piece of work. Many believe different and like him. There is democracy in action. Be happy about it.

So you KNOW nothing, have never met him & believe rumours on the internet. Pathetic

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
Eddie Mair's interview, on you tube is worth a watch. 'Boris' the TV personality seems popular. Not sure how popular Boris Johnson the politician would be.

??? the politician who twice won Mayoral election in a predominantly left-leaning London?

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
So you KNOW nothing, have never met him & believe rumours on the internet. Pathetic

I have met him actually, didn't like the man. Other than that , yes, I have read stuff about him some if which I believe to be true some of which I don't. Go ahead and vote for the man, completely everyone's choice. I think he's a nasty man so I will in no way support his campaign. Again, democracy at work.

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
To open up the great and permanent taboo of class, I always think his relative success as a politician shows that the age of proper old deference in politics is far from over. No working class politician acting the clown in the way that he does would ever be applauded - or even elected - for doing so, it seems unimaginable to me. But an Etonian who dangles haplessly from a zipwire? (At least that really was funny.)

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Someone once referred to him as the kind of man who would have died leading a cavalry charge into a volcano.

Two faced **** is my preference.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
No working class politician acting the clown in the way that he does would ever be applauded - or even elected - for doing so, it seems unimaginable to me. But an Etonian who dangles haplessly from a zipwire? (At least that really was funny.)

people don't vote for him for the antics, they vote for the straight talking, because they like what he says and how he says it. quite a few on all sides gain votes for that, his predecessor for one.

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
Two faced **** is my preference.

Ah, yes maybe that was it. I have a fearful inclination that oblivious right wing nincompoops, voters and politicians alike, are going to waltz this country off the edge of a cliff having mistaken semi fascist malevolence for Bon viveur and Boris Johnson will be striking up the band. He's a total anus.

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
people don't vote for him for the antics, they vote for the straight talking, because they like what he says and how he says it. quite a few on all sides gain votes for that, his predecessor for one.

What are you talking about? He's one of the least straight talking public figures in recent history. Every straight question put to him is batted away with crude distraction genuine disdain for anyone daring to ask him a challenging question.

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK

Not sure I agree, tbh. I think a lot of people very much buy into his affable silly buffoon shtick, that's why he plays it up: it's his USP. The fact that it works to any extent says a load about how people are comfortable with still being governed by poshos because they're poshos. To make the point again: no-one would vote for a working class politician perpetrating the same clownish antics, no matter how plain speaking they are.

n1 gull

Jul 25, 2003
Hurstpierpoint
I like the fact he doesn't claim to be an expert on everything but delegates.

On his watch London has thrived, it's never looked better IMO. Yes he can be bit of a clown, but frankly who cares if he gets the job done

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here