[Politics] Boris Johnson served County Court judgment.

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Paulie Gualtieri

Bada Bing
NSC Patron
May 8, 2018
The FCA have had CCJ’s against them before, don’t see how this is news.

Although what an episode of Cant pay this would make.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
The FCA have had CCJ’s against them before, don’t see how this is news.

Although what an episode of Cant pay this would make.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It's now news because it's been apparently brought (according the the standard) by a woman who accused him of “repeated defamation”.

It gets more a bit complicated on Twitter....

CheeseRolls

NSC Patron
Jan 27, 2009
Shoreham Beach
The biggest killer of small businesses isn't getting in a bit of a mess with the paperwork and somehow failing to pay your bills, it is cashflow. Funny how these forgetful people, never seem so forgetful when it comes to ordering things they want isn't it?

Whoever took this to court has not been trying to gain publicity over it, or they could have sold it to the Mirror months ago. You have to conclude it was a matter of principle. Fairness and decency, which have yet again been tossed aside on party loyalty lines.

This is WRONG - Apologies this was actually a misuse of the Small Claims Court process and has rightly been struck off.

PaoloAlbioni

May 6, 2016
Well done Private Eye in unearthing this story in the first place - it’s been sitting around for months and no-one else had noticed.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
The most disturbing aspect of this complete waste of everyone's time is learning that he's actually called Alexander Boris de Pfeffel Johnson.

I mean WTaF ?

dsr-burnley

Aug 15, 2014
Calm down, dear. I'm not remotely salivating.

I did snigger a bit, though. "Totally without merit". That's not a denial; that's a Boris denial - making it sound like a denial when it's nothing of the sort.

Merit :"the quality of being particularly good or worthy, especially so as to deserve praise or reward.". He thinks it isn't particularly good or praiseworthy that he's been taken to court. Who knew? :lolol:

The Court in Wasif confirmed that "totally without merit" means "no more and no less than 'bound to fail'". A case will be bound to fail (and therefore totally without merit) where there is "no rational basis on which the claim could succeed".
https://www.hoganlovells.com/en/blo...Court in Wasif,which the claim could succeed".

Quite a lot of words have a specific meaning in legal terms that is not exactly the same as its colloquial use. In this case, Johnson was saying (correctly) that the case against him was bogus and there was no legal validity to it. It is an absolute denial.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports