Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Boring.

midnight_rendezvous

Aug 10, 2012
The Black Country
What do you want RDZ to do? Run on the pitch and do it for the players? We’ve had plenty of chances and the players aren’t clinical enough to take them. It’s been largely the same for the last three seasons 🤷🏻‍♂️

GloryDays

Jul 5, 2011
Leyton, E10.
It's nothing new. I have to say the sense of having to go through all of this ProGReSS again has also bored me to tears. Good luck to them but having watched the last 3 games I seriously question how much enjoyment I am going to get out of watching Brighton these days. It's just so boring. So slow.

RDZ will need time to figure it out and I wish him all the best. As I said in another thread it will just be a real shame that when he does crack the formula he'll be off somewhere else. Maybe Dunk, Lallana and March can just whisper to him what Potter did to move us on from snorecore tiki-taka to a more direct, hipster behemoth.

midnight_rendezvous

Aug 10, 2012
The Black Country
I
Maybe Dunk, Lallana and March can just whisper to him what Potter did to move us on from snorecore tiki-taka to a more direct, hipster behemoth.
It’s worth remembering that only happened in, what, the last few months of his time at the club? And after the best part of three full seasons. RDZ isn’t going to crack it in 4 games.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
I thought this De Zombie was a young, fresh, attacking, exciting up and coming manager with lots of ideas? So far I haven’t seen any.

Frankly tonight was shit, not pissing the mattress yet but could this be a rare Bloom gambling error? 😬
The ongoing Bloom gambling error is failure to invest in one or more fit-for-purpose strikers. It's an error that the whole of football can see, and it stands to jeopardise the entire project

BN41Albion

Oct 1, 2017
It's nothing new. I have to say the sense of having to go through all of this ProGReSS again has also bored me to tears. Good luck to them but having watched the last 3 games I seriously question how much enjoyment I am going to get out of watching Brighton these days. It's just so boring. So slow.

RDZ will need time to figure it out and I wish him all the best. As I said in another thread it will just be a real shame that when he does crack the formula he'll be off somewhere else. Maybe Dunk, Lallana and March can just whisper to him what Potter did to move us on from snorecore tiki-taka to a more direct, hipster behemoth.
You've hit the nail on the head with exactly how I'm feeling.

BN41Albion

Oct 1, 2017
Have we been outplayed in any of the FOUR games RBZ has been in charge ??

No !!

We have been the BETTER team in every game.

I have have every confidence that we will turn our dominance into wins.

FFS get a grip !!
Teams have done a job on us, more like, knowing exactly what stops us scoring when we play slow tippy tappy football without a striker who can score

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Have we been outplayed in any of the FOUR games RBZ has been in charge ??

No !!

We have been the BETTER team in every game.

I have have every confidence that we will turn our dominance into wins.

FFS get a grip !!
Forest were terrible. And bottom until playing us. Even Wolves beat them. Nah, truth is, we were a bit rubbish too.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
What do you want RDZ to do? Run on the pitch and do it for the players? We’ve had plenty of chances and the players aren’t clinical enough to take them. It’s been largely the same for the last three seasons 🤷🏻‍♂️
I agree, enough chances to win the game. I quite liked the formation tonight, Cacaido and MacA as a pair with Gross and Lallana in front of them as a pair forming a box which controlled much of the game.

Same old story that our players have difficulty scoring goals. Regardless of managers, coaching, tactics and formations that is a fact and they need to be on a run of high confidence for that to change.

As we did under Potter, just got to keep believing what we’re doing and results will come in batches againz

Surf's Up

Jul 17, 2011
Here
Teams have done a job on us, more like, knowing exactly what stops us scoring when we play slow tippy tappy football without a striker who can score
Forest did a total job on us made worse by the fact that we really didn’t have a clue how to counteract their negativity and time wasting. They were ably assisted in their endeavours by a naive/incompetent/nervous/out of his depth referee. Oh, and as per we missed a shedload of chances and no, Bloom won’t shell out the necessary £££s to get the striker/s we need because the market is grossly inflated and it would destroy the club’s salary structure

Stato

Dec 21, 2011
We were very bad in the second half, but I don’t think that we’d have been any better with Potter here. We sit seventh because of points we took against teams who tried to beat us at football. Man U, Leicester, Liverpool, West Ham etc. When teams let us have the ball and defend, we struggle and are often beaten on the break. It’s easier to make chances in huge amounts of space than it is to do it when there are 8+ men behind the ball. Our game relies on tempting teams out and so far De Zerbi’s methods to do that are not proving effective in the EPL. We’ll see how it goes, but doing it on our budget is always going to involve a lot of downs as well as ups.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Need patience. These results could have happened under any manager, including GP. As for ideas... think we've seen a bit too many of them in too short time. When he came into Benevento in September or October a couple of years ago, they lost their first six (I think) with RDZ and then got a draw or something before losing another five or six. Then things turned around and they were great during the spring.

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
Need patience. These results could have happened under any manager, including GP. As for ideas... think we've seen a bit too many of them in too short time. When he came into Benevento in September or October a couple of years ago, they lost their first six (I think) with RDZ and then got a draw or something before losing another five or six. Then things turned around and they were great during the spring.
The difference is we have a decent set of players who seem to have lost their mojo. These were all winnable games and yet we only take 2 points. Not sure why he makes few and late substitutions .

BN41Albion

Oct 1, 2017
The difference is we have a decent set of players who seem to have lost their mojo. These were all winnable games and yet we only take 2 points. Not sure why he makes few and late substitutions .
Winnable games at Liverpool and a rejuvenated spurs... bit harsh to criticise those two games esp as we took a point at anfield and didn't play badly v spurs... last 2 disappointing to come away with a point though for sure.

John Byrnes Mullet

Global Circumnavigator
Oct 4, 2004
Brighton
Too slow in the final third. When Caceido and Mac made runs we were dangerous but they hardly did. The quality of the finish in front of goal was dire. We have seen worse but after the quality we saw from our team in the first games of the season we need to do better.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here