Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Boos at full-time whistle

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
So it could Simply be a case that the players aren't good enough against certain opposition to do what they want or what they're told . . . . we know CH has a 'conservative' style of play . . . . but he must know how to attack or we wouldn't have got promoted. As Mrs Zef said to me Sat eve She'd be amazed if the players were sent out to just defend . . . . . .and CH wouldn't do that, so what is the answer?

I've had a couple of comments like this, and I do wonder if people have played under a manager at any level? I played plenty of games where we were sent out to do one thing, but regardless of our best will in the world, the opposition had other ideas and we simply couldn't get our game together. That has nothing to do with listening or following, that was just us unable to carry out what we knew we should have been doing.

We got bamboozled Saturday, once we start losing the ball too often (clearly not a tactical instruction) we do get pegged back. It must be as frustrating for Hughton as it is for us, I'm almost certain he doesn't send them at to do what we did Saturday 2nd given how well we played in the first, doesn't mean they're not listening or not trying to do it though.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Frustrating for Hughton it maybe, he also has the ability to change it where we don’t.
An injured centre forward but no change, two players on comeback from long term injuries becoming leggy but no change. He doesn’t appear to know you can make subs before it’s too late.

The reason we were poor second half is the managers fault.

Sorry, but that is nonsense. Subs are not always a magic bullet, Murray is perfectly capable of signalling if he can't continue. Knocky faded the worst out of all of them, even then we probably had the better chances of the 2nd half with Izqueirdo particularly wasteful, then we draw by an offside penalty despite an earlier perfectly acceptable 2nd goal disallowed. I wouldn't have minded some earlier subs, but to say that is the sole reason we were poor is stretching it somewhat.

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
Given recent performances I think we'll be lucky to get more than 2 points in December . . . . it will be interesting to see if the bottom 5 are as bad, or whether we get sucked down there too.

Maybe it's the people who are apathetic to the dire performances of late who need to get a grip. Following this team at the moment is a very expensive chore. All the fun has been drained out of the experience by a team playing totally within itself .That's the reality of the situation. Luckily, we've had a few flukey results which give us the comfort of a nice lead over the bottom 3 but that could easily be gone this time next month.

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
certainly looks like we are likely to end up in and around the bottom 3 next year.

Losing at Hudds is a given. Just hope we can get something v the happy clapping Nigels.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Sorry, but that is nonsense. Subs are not always a magic bullet, Murray is perfectly capable of signalling if he can't continue. Knocky faded the worst out of all of them, even then we probably had the better chances of the 2nd half with Izqueirdo particularly wasteful, then we draw by an offside penalty despite an earlier perfectly acceptable 2nd goal disallowed. I wouldn't have minded some earlier subs, but to say that is the sole reason we were poor is stretching it somewhat.

:thumbsup:

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Maybe it's the people who are apathetic to the dire performances of late who need to get a grip. Following this team at the moment is a very expensive chore. All the fun has been drained out of the experience by a team playing totally within itself .That's the reality of the situation. Luckily, we've had a few flukey results which give us the comfort of a nice lead over the bottom 3 but that could easily be gone this time next month.

Flukey or hard fought? Some may see it differently to you ...personally I didn’t get carried away when we were winning and i’m not going to start getting to carried away over the last two matches either which on another day could have gone our way

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green

Hughton alluded to the point that the team didn't execute the team orders from half time. If that happens it is he who can change it. We have witnessed a far too cautious approach in certain games which has cost us points. That extends to changing personnel during the game.Players often will not signal to come off and the bigger picture should be seen by the management. It was obvious Murray was less mobile than normal rendering him as a bit part player. Andone has already shown he is capable of the role and Locardia also looked up for it.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Hughton alluded to the point that the team didn't execute the team orders from half time. If that happens it is he who can change it. We have witnessed a far too cautious approach in certain games which has cost us points. That extends to changing personnel during the game.Players often will not signal to come off and the bigger picture should be seen by the management. It was obvious Murray was less mobile than normal rendering him as a bit part player. Andone has already shown he is capable of the role and Locardia also looked up for it.

So at 1 nil up and us not keeping the ball at all well, you’re taking off our in form striker who can hold it up for Andone and Locadia for a.n.other. I’ll put it to you, hypothetically you’d have cost us the point too.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
So at 1 nil up and us not keeping the ball at all well, you’re taking off our in form striker who can hold it up for Andone and Locadia for a.n.other. I’ll put it to you, hypothetically you’d have cost us the point too.

Our "in form striker" was injured. We were playing v 10 men. Was the gamble not worth it?

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green

Give one occasion where he did second half. He dived an awful lot to attempt to get a freekick but he was otherwise completely outfought. He wasn't holding the ball that was one of the issues.

Murray would hop on one leg if he thought he may score again but sometimes the manager has to make the decision to change it.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
I'm not willing to quote how long I have been watching professional football for, suffice to say a lot longer than most. Why does it make a difference?

44 years for me !
Its , i think , posters making a point about perspective and context. ie: I've watched Albion for so long that this argument that x or y is the best, worst, most boring, ever etc about lets say our last game, manager or season perhaps is a bit of a rush to judgement.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
44 years for me !
Its , i think , posters making a point about perspective and context. ie: I've watched Albion for so long that this argument that x or y is the best, worst, most boring, ever etc about lets say our last game, manager or season perhaps is a bit of a rush to judgement.

We were dire under Mike Bailey but we stayed in the top division. I don't see that much change from those days in all honesty. In those days teams could get promoted (Forest) and win the league. Those days have gone. But surely, by now, we can have an identity other than just hanging on at home against 10 men. Even the players are disappointed, reading some of the stuff on the official BHA. Will we learn from it? They always tell us they are learning. When will they make the learning positive. Saturday was not positive.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
44 years for me !

I've even read from someone, it's the worst game they'd ever seen us play.

We drew 1- 1 to a dodgy penalty decision and had a goal disallowed (wrongly)
How about being 1-0 up until the 80th minute and then losing 1-3 to Palace? That was far far worse and a darn sight more painful.

Perspective.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
I've even read from someone, it's the worst game they'd ever seen us play.

We drew 1- 1 to a dodgy penalty decision and had a goal disallowed (wrongly)
How about being 1-0 up until the 80th minute and then losing 1-3 to Palace? That was far far worse and a darn sight more painful.

Perspective.

That was definitely in the top ten of worst ever games, from the start of the 46th minute.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here