Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Jim_AFCB

Oct 9, 2010
It's a council car park, rather than a private one run by the Club

sully

Dunscouting
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
I think anyone who parks in a club car park for a game needs their head looking at

That's very kind of you!

LadySeagull, it's a pay and display car park. Are you saying they can't enforce a fine if you don't pay? Seems rather bizarre if true.

It took us about an hour to get out today, but the most frustrating thing was that my mobile Internet wouldn't work properly while I was waiting!

robbie c

Jan 30, 2008
Leighton buzzard
parked the other side of the dual carriageway as advised in an earlier thread; pre match drink @ fitness first; back on dual carriageway at 5.10pm 120 miles later home at 7.30.

disappointed but we never really looked like scoring til Glen came on and he really should have equalised

train to Watford next week!

afcb

Dec 14, 2007
That's very kind of you!

LadySeagull, it's a pay and display car park. Are you saying they can't enforce a fine if you don't pay? Seems rather bizarre if true.

It took us about an hour to get out today, but the most frustrating thing was that my mobile Internet wouldn't work properly while I was waiting!

dont get me wrong it wasnt a dig...just years of experience of dodgy car parks.

I nearly posted a link on here last week to free on street parking the other side of the dual carriageway but pulled it at the list minute as its used by the locals and couldnt risk you lot getting there first :laugh:

My guess is that if you park in a club car park then you 'need to' and i apologise if ive upset anyone, many Brighton fans who have visited know the car park situation and park elsewhere

afcb

Dec 14, 2007
parked the other side of the dual carriageway as advised in an earlier thread; pre match drink @ fitness first; back on dual carriageway at 5.10pm 120 miles later home at 7.30.

disappointed but we never really looked like scoring til Glen came on and he really should have equalised

train to Watford next week!

someone posted that then (or was it me!!!!! )

wigman

Oct 10, 2006
East Preston
I parked behind the Wetherspoons pub ( i think it was called something like the Sir Florence Percy Shelley ) in Pokesdown.It was a 10 miute walk from the ground and i was back in Littlehampton at 18.45.

gullshark

Dec 5, 2005
Worthing
I parked in the car park at the ground, loads of stewards waving cars in to what was clearly a very full car park with no space markings, by pure luck I ended up parking near the exit so it took about 5 minutes to get out.

Lincoln Imp

Feb 2, 2009
Yes I saw C1 BHA going into the car park and hoped he wouldn't have a problem getting out. It once took me nearly an hour. The trick at Bournemouth (just in case we get them in a cup tie) is to park in the streets on the other side of the dual carriageway and then walk through the pedestrian tunnel. It makes getting away very easy - I was in Mid Sussex by 6.45. As far as Bournemouth's game's concerned, they do hit it long but in fairness they were strong down the wings, particularly Pugh - we were a bit lucky that their delivery into the box was generally poor.

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
If you'd done your research you'd have known it was gonna be like that and parked on street for free 100 yards away like we did :)

Foolg

Apr 23, 2007
Twenty minute wait for a Bus from Bournemouth to Southampton airport - took 50 mins.
Bus from Southampton airport to Eastleigh - 55 minute wait for a rail replacement bus, as we were told no trains were now running too Eastleigh (Just found out they were anyway :angry:).
Fifteen minute wait at Eastleigh for a train to Fareham.
Fifteen minute wait at Fareham for a train to Brighton, which took over 1hr30 minutes due to a bloke having two epileptic fits, but not letting anyone near him to help.

Not one of the best journeys.

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
Reading is a bit of a bitch. I seem to remember getting stuck in their car park for a good 45 minutes. Good, as we snatched a 2-1 victory with Kitson. My next visit and 30 minute wait in the car park was not so pleasant.

Turkey

Jul 4, 2003
Got out of the car park at about 6.20pm I think. Mental.

Did anyone else see that nutter sit on the front of an Albion numberplated car so his car could get out in front? When the Albion car moved slowly forward with his arse on the bonnet he went mental and started punching the car!

Pepe the spick

Nov 21, 2010
Seaford
No Southampton was the worst. I was still there to watch them play Cheltenham on th Sat. Maybe we could blaim Gus for the parking, best manager we have had for a very long time, people r allowed to make mistakes, he is good at the though we are top.

saltash seagull

Mar 1, 2004
cornwall
i got out at 6.20 never remember it being that bad before.....never parking there again thats for sure

BLOCK F

Feb 26, 2009
It will be interesting next season to hear everyones tales of getting away from Falmer in the early days.....by whatever means!!

LadySeagull

Jan 21, 2011
Portslade
That's very kind of you!

What 'fine'? Private firms cannot in fact fine anyone, if anyone thinks otherwise just read the links I gave.

What is bizarre is that nothing is done to stop the private car park firms 'passing off' their fake 'PCNs' to look like Police/Council ones. Then they can just pay to get registered keeper details from the DVLA and follow up with threats to the registered keeper (who was not necessarily the driver and has zero liability).

But in this case it's been posted that it's a Council car park (real PCN but appealable and usually winnable).

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports