Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Bookies at The Amex

Storer 68

Apr 19, 2011
Just listened back to Tony Bloom's answer when he was on the excellent Albion Roar in October.

Basically, they got very little interest from the betting companies, and for what was involved, all parties felt it was going to be a loss-maker. So the club turned what was going to be betting kiosks into 'Pie & Beer' kiosks, which are far more lucrative.

Know which way I'd rather lose my money!!!!!!!!:drink::drink::drink:

Last edited:

Cuffs

Jan 29, 2010
Betting def not going to happen, no bookmaker interested and the club found that they could make more profit from selling sweets than offering this loss making service. Bookmakers that offer the service in other stadiums only do so for profile. Plus the club recognised that there are many other ways for for people to bet ie, phone call, net and offices pre visit to Falmer. This information was gleamed from Albion Roar doing an interview with Tony Bloom last year.

seagullondon

Mar 15, 2011
Not fishing at all, just telling it the way I see it. Is the internet/phone really that important? I mean you're on it now, probually have been all day, probually will be half the night, and you still want to be on the bloody thing when you go to football?

you sound like my dad :glare:

Mulderbauer

Feb 23, 2009
If you continue down the road past the stadium until the little roundabout, take and right and park up in the layby before the barrier. There is an ATM outside the university campus reception, dont take a big wad out though as it only dispenses £5 notes!!

pishhead

Jul 9, 2003
Everywhere
I quite like a visit to the bookies as part of my pre match routine, also check twitter at about 5 past two to get the team news then switch on the radio. These are all part of my pre match routine and I love it! That and the hefty walk from the level via a hostelrie or two!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here