Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Booing Barnes?!

Urchin

Aug 1, 2011
Still, he went and scored 2 goals and set up another - the game lasts 90 minutes, not 30 - judge him after the whole game.

I know. I was justifying why the bloke was slagging him off, because up until that point, he was woeful. Afterwards, I thought he did a very good job.

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing

Lifelong Supporter

Aug 4, 2009
Burgess Hill
Your period is just after the time of Kit Napier, who scored over the hundred and had time on the wing as well. He certainly did not have Ashley's combative spirit ... lol.

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
Simply we have some vocal cretins as fans. I will never understand the abuse Barnes gets from some it is truly pathetic and I wouldn't blame him if left with a big f off to the crowd.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
Isn't the man of the match judged by a bunch of pissed up blokes in the sponsors lounge ? Why worry about it all.

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
A song for Barnes, he's been here long enought to have one.

I know I will get stick but here goes.......

Barnesy Barnesy give us a goal or two
He’s half crazy his balls are turning blue
He might miss a stylish volley
Hit the post and cross bar too
But he’ll be sweet
Get on the goal sheet
And he’ll try trip a ref or two.

I'm ready for the fallout :shootself

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Well Murray has 56. What about Barnes?

I reckon the very same people who boo Barnes were the ones booing Murray. Even as he started to pop them in he was slagged off as being moody, one in ten Glenn, surly, lazy and shit. Barnes actually gets off quite lightly in comparison as there are more clueless fans in a crowd of 26,000 than in a crowd of 8,000. Can you imagine how the abuse would have sounded if we'd playing at the Amex for the first few years of Glenn being here?.

Last edited:

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing

Silverhatch

Feb 23, 2009
Preston Park
I reckon the very same people who boo Barnes were the ones booing Murray. Clueless fans.

Completely spot on. Murray, tremendous player and hated by some. Barnsey, wonderful squad player with proven Championship class and a goal in every 3 games. (and still early 20's). And some clueless tossers boo him. Shameful.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
I think people were booing the mom award not Barnes as it clearly should have been Kuszczaks.

Let's be completely honest here. If you boo the awarding of the MOTM to a player who's had a bloody decent game, simply because he's not the man who YOU think should have won it, then you are, frankly, a depressing waste of oxygen who doesn't deserve a seat at the Amex.

Gullflyinghigh

Apr 23, 2012
I'm waiting for when he leaves the club and lets rip at certain elements of the Albion fanbase for the constant moaning.

If/when that happens you can almost guarantee that the same people who enjoy slating him will be the first ones to call him ungrateful or unprofessional.

Personally; the further away the day he leaves is the better.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here