Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Booing Barnes...

Albalbion

Feb 24, 2009
Kingston
Whoever was doing this, piss off and dont come back. Never been more annoyed with our own fans than when there was an audible booing when he got the ball. Absolutely shocking behaviour, I dont care if you dont like Barnes, I'll admit myself he wasnt great when he came on, but to be our own team is bang out of order. Rant over.

seagullondon

Mar 15, 2011
I must say I didn't hear any boos, thought he got a good reception when he came on. Maybe they were shouting shoooooot ???

shaolinpunk

[Insert witty title here]
Nov 28, 2005
Brighton
Where was that coming from? I didn't notice it. I thought he was OK when he came on - nothing special but linked up reasonably well with the players around him

Albalbion

Feb 24, 2009
Kingston
There was quite a lot of booing from WSL (south) where i sit, and then when he got his first touch, there was a lot of boos coming from the south west corner. Mate in the east stand said he heard a lot of boos from the north aswell, though if youre saying youre in the north and there wasnt booing i stand corrected, defo from the south west corner though.

danish seagull

Apr 16, 2012
København
I'm in the middle of east upper and I didn't hear any boo's. I'm level with the left edge of the centre circle and 3 rows back so I think I probably would have if more than one or two did it.

Wilko

LUZZING chairs about
Sep 19, 2003
BN1
An unfortunate coincidence actually. Barnes received the ball at the very same time as a chorus of boos was ringing out. The boos were in fact for the Millwall player returning on to the pitch after trying to time waste (and getting booked for it). So, that is that. Thread closed as they say.

Djmiles

Barndoor Holroyd
Dec 1, 2005
Kitchener, Canada
I know the boo you're referring to, but it was NOT aimed at Barnes. Him getting the ball coincided with another incident (can't remember what it was).

Willy Dangle

Aug 31, 2011
There was quite a lot of booing from WSL (south) where i sit, and then when he got his first touch, there was a lot of boos coming from the south west corner. Mate in the east stand said he heard a lot of boos from the north aswell, though if youre saying youre in the north and there wasnt booing i stand corrected, defo from the south west corner though.

Stand corrected from a central NS. Unless my furry hat muffled it.

fire&skill

Killer-Diller
Jan 17, 2009
Shoreham-by-Sea
It was behind us in east lower family stand. Absolutely unbelievable.

edit: if it was for the Millwall player, I too stand corrected (said the man in orthopaedic shoes).

Willy Dangle

Aug 31, 2011
Whoever was doing this, piss off and dont come back. Never been more annoyed with our own fans than when there was an audible booing when he got the ball. Absolutely shocking behaviour, I dont care if you dont like Barnes, I'll admit myself he wasnt great when he came on, but to be our own team is bang out of order. Rant over.

You may be mistaken and the boos may have been for something else. So much twatty stuff going on by Millwall.

Wilko

LUZZING chairs about
Sep 19, 2003
BN1
I know the boo you're referring to, but it was NOT aimed at Barnes. Him getting the ball coincided with another incident (can't remember what it was).

Is the correct answer (see my post). It is also the reason the boos were loud from the south West corner as that is where the returning player went back onto the pitch.

Mutts Nuts

Oct 30, 2011

Did not hear the booing but he had no impact on the game what so ever, the young man should not be in the squad let alone the team, he is not good enough and never will be.Lack of decent strikers has cost us promotion and the money that goes with it 2 seasons on the trot.Tony not signing strikers again this season has denied you the riches that promotion to the premier league brings,the rest of the team are more than capable of achieving promotion the strikers are not.If Gus cant see this fcuking sack him ffs

Albalbion

Feb 24, 2009
Kingston
Stand corrected from a central NS. Unless my furry hat muffled it.

fair enough and also if that boo when he got the ball was coincidental, there was still booing from a fair few people sitting behind me in the WSL. Some people just need to get a grip, do they think it's going to make him better if he hears it? Tossers.

Pogue Mahone

Apr 30, 2011
There was one occasion when audible boos could be heard as Barnes got the ball. It was at the end of that 'We're the North Stand', 'We're the West Stand' nonsense, and was people in the North booing the West for not replying, in time honoured fashion.

It was unfortunate that Barnes received the ball just as the boos rang out, but unrelated to Barnes.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here