Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Booing at full time?.......

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
odd question, are fans not allowed to boo? some fans are unhappy, they boo. this isnt a new thing in football.

But what are they unhappy about? Booing suggests the fans are being let down. It’s arguably justified if the players aren’t trying, the manager’s clueless, the league position is shit or the Board are clowns.

Should it really happen when the team’s just taken a point to move back above Manchester United in the Premier League?

It’s an insult, plain and simple, to the players, Potter and Bloom.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Paying customers Not happy with the product provided Hence the booing
Frustrating afternoon / evening

I suppose it does come down to whether one sees themselves as a supporter who pays to watch their team, or a customer who turns up to be entertained. I think we do have a lot more customers than we realise as opposed to supporters at the Amex.

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
Lol. I’m amazed how many people believe the booing was a direct result of yesterday’s performance and result :lol:

I don’t agree with booing at all, but winless in 8 and can’t score for toffee, it was bound to upset some who’s expectations had been altered considering we won 4 of our opening 5.

andy1980

Feb 23, 2009
But what are they unhappy about? Booing suggests the fans are being let down. It’s arguably justified if the players aren’t trying, the manager’s clueless, the league position is shit or the Board are clowns.

Should it really happen when the team’s just taken a point to move back above Manchester United in the Premier League?

When you only choose to pick the good aspects of this season then you make it look like you are making a good point. When you add in an 8 or 9 game winless streak and not scoring after 20 shots in a game and missing two open goals then perhaps people have the right to be frustrated right at the end of the game, and I don't know how they should show it if booing is banned.

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea

I wouldn't have booed, but I don't have a problem with people venting their disappointment. If DJ strollabout and Neil Maupay are insulted, good, they're highly paid under performing failures. The rest of the team played well . . .Hairy Porter needs to suck it up, his job is to win games, whilst we're doing well overall, we're in a dip and he needs to start coaching to score goals.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Nail on head . We have a hard core of 7-10000 fans who support the team through thick and thin and the other 20000 in the ground are customers who would not support the club through thick and thin

Pretty certain that 'hardcore' group of fans booed when we were relegated and in the final game of the season losing 5-1 to Stoke at The Withdean with pretty much zero effort!!

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Part of becoming an adult human is to cope with negative emotions in a sensible way.

Would that be the way Potter dealt with it?

I wasn't there as I was ill, but watched it on tv. Booing after that game was not justified however he could himself should have realised the frustration of yet another dominate performance that didn't result in any goals.

Rinkmaster

Oct 1, 2020
Newhaven
The booing was understandable with regard to recent results but unfair on those players who ran their hearts out yesterday. Imho we played better football yesterday than we have for a long time but gotta say it Locadia shouldn't even be on the bench, Maupay has lost his confidence, and our beloved leader should start putting a bit of faith in our two u23 strikers ie Ferguson and Tolaj

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
The booing was understandable with regard to recent results but unfair on those players who ran their hearts out yesterday. Imho we played better football yesterday than we have for a long time but gotta say it Locadia shouldn't even be on the bench, Maupay has lost his confidence, and our beloved leader should start putting a bit of faith in our two u23 strikers ie Ferguson and Tolaj

Completely agree. I was expecting a few grumbles at the final whistle followed by some sustained applause for what had generally been a brilliant performance by all but two players. But it never came.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here