Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Music] Bono - 60 songs that saved my life

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Jesus Christ .... that made me choke ... :lolol:

:clap:

Just imagine your reaction if I was as funny as I think I am.

(If we ignore that fact that makes no sense whatsoever)

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Love him or hate him, he has great musical taste.

https://bono.lnk.to/60songs

Kraftwerk, Depeche Mode, Jonny Cash, The Verve, Joy Division, Lou Reed, Daft Punk, Massive Attack, INXS, Nick Cave, Oasis, Talking Heads etc etc.

He's written fan letters to the arists. First are here: https://www.u2.com/60songs Great project.

Some brilliant tracks in there - Love Will Tear Us Apart, Song To The Siren, New Gold Dream, Life On Mars, Hurt, Neon Lights, The Sound Of Silence, etc.

Thanks for posting the link.

Nitram

Jul 16, 2013
15 songs I would strongly agree with, so worth playing the playlist to see if the others jog my memory.

Stato

Dec 21, 2011
I would have thought that anyone producing a list of 60 favourite songs would have something in there that is little known, not particularly critically acclaimed, or even a bit embarrassing, but is beloved or important to you for entirely personal reasons. It's like his list has been focus grouped by a group of music critics all from his generation. No country songs, no classic throwaway pop songs, no weird punk or indie songs that most people have never heard of, no records that you love, but most people would think are crap and not a single soul song. His list is, quite literally, soulless.

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
I would have thought that anyone producing a list of 60 favourite songs would have something in there that is little known, not particularly critically acclaimed, or even a bit embarrassing, but is beloved or important to you for entirely personal reasons. It's like his list has been focus grouped by a group of music critics all from his generation. No country songs, no classic throwaway pop songs, no weird punk or indie songs that most people have never heard of, no records that you love, but most people would think are crap and not a single soul song. His list is, quite literally, soulless.

Yeah, fair to say it's a 'pop' list.

There's a seperate one for Irish artists, btw...

https://www.rte.ie/entertainment/2020/0508/1137351-bono-shares-his-full-irish-music-playlist/

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
As an aside, it’s 30 years since Achtung Baby next year....I hope they do a tour like they recently did for Joshua Tree.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
There’s a few curve balls. That Ramones track isn’t the most obvious, nor Kraftwerk.

Yes, I was going to say that. The artists are predictable, but many of the tracks aren't. I mean, Walking In My Shoes is a great choice of Depeche Mode track.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Yes, I was going to say that. The artists are predictable, but many of the tracks aren't. I mean, Walking In My Shoes is a great choice of Depeche Mode track.

Whereas Satellite of Love is a shite choice of a Lou Reed track.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here