Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Bong being abused all game.

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
Well these fans accused of racism are our own. It would be stupid not to boo these allegations, surely?

I mean, I wasn't there and I have literally no idea if they did it but I PERSONALLY don't believe they did because I know some Brighton fans and they are nice people.

So yes, next time I will have to boo the Burnley fans.

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
So your fans were booing Bong because of racial abuse allegations he made against 'one of your own', but yet your same fans are accusing us of making racially abusive songs against you?

Didn't you say these allegations are disgraceful and deserve booing?

Pick n choose by the looks of things

Please don't use their own words against them. That's really mean and it might make them look bad. BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

bhanutz

Aug 23, 2005
As said I didn't hear it so I'm not going to report anything, and I fully accept it was likely misheard. I think you'd have to be pretty stupid to report something that someone else may have heard, but then again I'm not BHA who've launched an investigation into monkey chants off the back of one person on a radio phone in.

It was during/in response to the unacceptable "Town full of b*****s" in response to "Town full of racists" and lasted roughly one verse/chorus (unsure of the terminology to apply to a 3 line chant) apparently.

Did the person saying it cover their mouth? If so, it is unproven....And in your terms NOT GUILTY!

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
He was booed because he accused a former Burnley player of racism and the Burnley fans do not believe it is true.

Agreed. And we can all agree that - in this specific situation, i.e. unproven, and regarding a very sensitive subject like racism - it's a ****ing stupid thing to do to boo him.

ClaretMatt

Nov 19, 2015
So your fans were booing Bong because of racial abuse allegations he made against 'one of your own', but yet your same fans are accusing us of making racially abusive songs against you?

Didn't you say these allegations are disgraceful and deserve booing?

Pick n choose by the looks of things

Sure, if I wasn't willing to accept that it's possible it was misheard.

So no.

Hungry Joe

SINNEN
Oct 22, 2004
Heading for shore
Please don't use their own words against them. That's really mean and it might make them look bad. BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Calm down dear. It's daft saying things like "their words" as they are no more a homogeneous unit than we are. In trying to make the Burnley fans sound like a bunch of playground toddlers you're sounding like one yourself a bit.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
There's an equal number of Brighton fans saying that JR is guilty without any evidence to support it. Morons on both sides.

No there isn't. Not even close. What are you on about? I've seen about one person say they believe JR is guilty. You're talking utter shit.

rippleman

Oct 18, 2011
Bong has played 266 games at senior level in his career. He is the player who Lukaku kicked in the nuts at OLd Trafford earlier in the game? Did he complain? Nope. He didn't even go down. So here's a question for the Burnley fans defending the booing of Bong for making a complaint that he had been racially abused:

Given Bong's long career, why did he choose that player, at that moment, in that game, to report racist remarks made to him by a fellow professional player?

PLEASE try to be logical and coherent; you haven't done so well so far.

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
but then again I'm not BHA who've launched an investigation into monkey chants off the back of one person on a radio phone in.

Quite, what IDIOTS for daring to follow up a potential issue of racist chanting. As we all know, an accusation of racism can only be a true accusation when 17 people have made it.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Bong has played 266 games at senior level in his career. He is the player who Lukaku kicked in the nuts at OLd Trafford earlier in the game? Did he complain? Nope. He didn't even go down. So here's a question for the Burnley fans defending the booing of Bong for making a complaint that he had been racially abused:

Given Bong's long career, why did he choose that player, at that moment, in that game, to report racist remarks made to him by a fellow professional player?

PLEASE try to be logical and coherent; you haven't done so well so far.[/QUOTE]

I think you may be hoping for a miracle there....the small posse of Burnley posters don't seem to have achieved much to date...one does wonder how they will cope in Europe next year

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
We'll revisit this thread the next time Rodders plays at the Amex, or when Palace do.

Eh? What on earth are you on about?

AGAIN - for the 4,000th time - a black player was booed for making a complaint of racism. That's the start and the end of all of this. Nothing else really needs said.

Megazone

On his last warning
Jan 28, 2015
Northern Hemisphere.
Sure, if I wasn't willing to accept that it's possible it was misheard.

So no.

But you said more than one of your fans (including your mate) heard our fans sing "town full of pakis"

Get this reported now so there can be an investigation on it to get this sorted out. No one wants to hear racism at football matches, even if it's our own fans or players doing it.

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere
It’s come to something when a clearly racist attack on Bong by Burnley supporters and then a load of Homophobic abuse directed at our travelling fans is justified by a “my mate said you were calling us a town full of pakis”

No. No we weren’t. We were singing that your supporters are racist because, self evidently, they are.

There’s no way round it. Even if Bong is a malicious fantasist with a mission to get JR banned, as some have suggested on here, then there would be some sort of history of vexatious complaints.

Rodriguez isn’t even your player you freaks.

ClaretMatt

Nov 19, 2015

Because he misheard the comment?

Jay Rodriguez has played 311 games at senior level in his career. He has played against or alongside players from a wide range on ethnicity in every one of those games.

Given Rodriguez's long career, why did he choose that player, at that moment, in that game, to make his first racist remark?

Jan 10, 2014
Eh? What on earth are you on about?

AGAIN - for the 4,000th time - a black player was booed for making a complaint of racism. That's the start and the end of all of this. Nothing else really needs said.

It's helpful if you read the post that I was replying to.

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
Calm down dear. It's daft saying things like "their words" as they are no more a homogeneous unit than we are. In trying to make the Burnley fans sound like a bunch of playground toddlers you're sounding like one yourself a bit.

"Their words" was referring to the poster's words. Not a group of people.

Maybe "his" would have been better.

I've stated in this thread earlier that I wouldn't ever speak for a whole fan base as that's unfair and inaccurate.

Hungry Joe

SINNEN
Oct 22, 2004
Heading for shore
"Their words" was referring to the poster's words. Not a group of people.

Maybe "his" would have been better.

I've stated in this thread earlier that I wouldn't ever speak for a whole fan base as that's unfair and inaccurate.

Ah, ok, apologies

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Try again.

I mean, got one of yours on the previous page likening JR to a paedophile so by extension that stance can be applied to all Brighton fans?

We've got some Burnley fans in the Cricket Field End, one a friend of mine, who claim to have head "Town full of P***s" from a minority of Brighton fans. So by extension all Brighton fans are racist?

No one on this forum has likened JR to a paedophile?! What the ****?

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
It's helpful if you read the post that I was replying to.

I've re-read it.

You are wrong.

You were suggesting booing palace or JR is the same as booing a player who made a non-malicious allegation of racial abuse as it just falls under club tribalism.

You are in the wrong.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here