Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Bong being abused all game.

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere
Yes in reply to your just a town full of racists.

All very petty like, but that is football fans in general for you.

To be fair all your racists seem to have moved out of town and commute in for their racism of a Saturday.

Can’t blame them. I like my racists in the burbs. That’s where they belong. Leave central Burnley to the Asians so your lot can’t brick their windows.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Yes in reply to your just a town full of racists.

All very petty like, but that is football fans in general for you.

You do realise that calling a bunch of fans racist (for booing a player because of a race allegation) and homophobic abuse are 2 COMPLETELY different things. It's like you're suggesting Brighton fans were singing racist abuse :facepalm: It was classless from many of your club - get over it. Racist or not, it's very unpleasant and I'm glad Hughton and the media have highlighted the morons that did it and have tarnished your club, from the great town of Burnley no less.

Hungry Joe

SINNEN
Oct 22, 2004
Heading for shore
Stereotypical nonsense that's all.

Thing is with stereotypical nonsense, most Southern clubs had stopped singing "sign on, sign on, with a pen in your hand....." by the late 90s as fans realised it was both outdated and well, a bit offensive really.

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Try again.

I mean, got one of yours on the previous page likening JR to a paedophile so by extension that stance can be applied to all Brighton fans?

We've got some Burnley fans in the Cricket Field End, one a friend of mine, who claim to have head "Town full of P***s" from a minority of Brighton fans. So by extension all Brighton fans are racist?

I was there mate. I didn’t hear anything about Pakis. When there has been some bellend making a stupid comment in our end they are pretty much told to shut it.

Town full of racists...yes...town full of pakis? Behave, we’re not Tranmere or Pompey.

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
Try again.

I mean, got one of yours on the previous page likening JR to a paedophile so by extension that stance can be applied to all Brighton fans?

We've got some Burnley fans in the Cricket Field End, one a friend of mine, who claim to have head "Town full of P***s" from a minority of Brighton fans. So by extension all Brighton fans are racist?

Please read my post below

I don't think Burnley fans who bood Bong are racist if that's what you're hinting. They aren't booing him because he is black. They are booing him because of the accusation.

There you go.

My post was directed to someone else. No mention of a whole fan base being racist so please don't try and be clever when I have already covered myself.

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Thing is with stereotypical nonsense, most Southern clubs stopped singing "sign on, sign on, with a pen in your hand....." in the late 90s as fans realised it was both outdated and well, a bit offensive really.

Funnily enough this was being sung by Stoke at Anfield this last Saturday.

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
Context is everything.

Don't worry, in failing to see it you aren't on your own on this thread.
And in praising El Pres for his more generous observations I think you failed to see the bit of context where he essentially agreed with the rest of us...

The bloke who posted "SOME Burnley fans are proper racists and SOME Burnley fans are just a bit thick" had it about right.

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
Has this been reported? If not, you should do so asap. Can you ask your friend when abouts did these chants begin and for how long?

Indeed. Anything like that should be reported.

And then we are meant to boo them for reporting it? Have I got that right?

Hungry Joe

SINNEN
Oct 22, 2004
Heading for shore
I was there mate. I didn’t hear anything about Pakis. When there has been some bellend making a stupid comment in our end they are pretty much told to shut it.

Town full of racists...yes...town full of pakis? Behave, we’re not Tranmere or Pompey.

I'm not saying it did happen, but I wouldn't put it past a few of our finest to come out with something like that. We're not universally well-adjusted individuals.

Jan 10, 2014
Thing is with stereotypical nonsense, most Southern clubs had stopped singing "sign on, sign on, with a pen in your hand....." by the late 90s as fans realised it was both outdated and well, a bit offensive really.

You may want to keep on preaching on this thread, there's a lot on here who need to catch you up.

ClaretMatt

Nov 19, 2015
Has this been reported? If not, you should do so asap. Can you ask your friend when abouts did these chants begin and for how long?

As said I didn't hear it so I'm not going to report anything, and I fully accept it was likely misheard. I think you'd have to be pretty stupid to report something that someone else may have heard, but then again I'm not BHA who've launched an investigation into monkey chants off the back of one person on a radio phone in.

It was during/in response to the unacceptable "Town full of b*****s" in response to "Town full of racists" and lasted roughly one verse/chorus (unsure of the terminology to apply to a 3 line chant) apparently.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
If he plays in the premier league again

Burnley fans want him back, once WBA are relegated. Plenty of reports of this on the internet, totally unrelated to Bong stuff.

The only stumbling block being his huge wages at WBA.

With gives an insight into their championing of JR over Bong in this whole affair and the unwarranted hatred of Bong. They see local JR coming back soon.

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
I'm not saying it did happen, but I wouldn't put it past a few of our finest to come out with something like that. We're not universally well-adjusted individuals.

Obviously I didn’t hear everything in our end but I was right next to where he reckons his mate heard ours singing the paki song...I didn’t I’ve also heard from my mate who is Burley STH who says he didn’t hear or see anything like that.

Unless his mate has other witnesses to back him I’m calling bullshit

Hungry Joe

SINNEN
Oct 22, 2004
Heading for shore
Obviously I didn’t hear everything in our end but I was right next to where he reckons his mate heard ours singing the paki song...I didn’t I’ve also heard from my mate who is Burley STH who says he didn’t hear or see anything like that.

Unless his mate has other witnesses to back him I’m calling bullshit

Fair enough.

Megazone

On his last warning
Jan 28, 2015
Northern Hemisphere.
As said I didn't hear it so I'm not going to report anything, and I fully accept it was likely misheard. I think you'd have to be pretty stupid to report something that someone else may have heard, but then again I'm not BHA who've launched an investigation into monkey chants off the back of one person on a radio phone in.

It was during/in response to the unacceptable "Town full of b*****s" in response to "Town full of racists" and lasted roughly one verse/chorus (unsure of the terminology to apply to a 3 line chant) apparently.

So your fans were booing Bong because of racial abuse allegations he made against 'one of your own', but yet your same fans who find racial abuse allegations to be worthy of booing are accusing us of making racially abusive songs against you?

Pick n choose by the looks of things

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here