Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Bomb explosion in Oslo.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
had quick look and cannot find it - but remember clearly that within minutes some MSM channels were already blaming islamic groups in unison on 9/11.

really? i was watching the events on the so called "MSM" channels CNBC and BBC 24 at the time, until the second plane hit they werent sure it was a terrorist attack, they werent even sure it was plane or the type of plane involved. they speculated a great many things, when second went in on live TV it changed rather dramatically, but i dont recall any specific blame to islamic groups beyond that in the rampant speculation that covered a dozen possibilities. its interesting how memories differ.

going back to the thread, i do find it strange and hard to comprehend that one gunman can kill 87 people, that is an outrageous number for one man to kill with just one handgun.......and that he set off a bomb miles away minutes before.

minutes before? the news of bomb was around the office some time before 4pm, while down the pub after work well after 5pm they started reporting the shootings at the second location. so thats a good hour plus between the incidents (though remote control mean he wouldnt have to be anywhere near Oslo). and where does it state the gunman had a single handgun, reports ive read say an automatic weapon, as do witness reports. the event is 1 day old and you're already re-writing history.

that not to say there couldnt be others involved of course, i would be a little surprised if there isnt.

Last edited:

CTV Montreal - Norwegian terror suspect admits firing shots - CTV News

Timeline of events:

The following is a timeline of events of the Norwegian bombing and shooting attacks on Friday, according to police and eyewitnesses. All times are local.

• 3:26 p.m. A car bomb explodes outside the prime minister's office in central Oslo.

• Around 4:50 p.m. Vacationers at a campground begin to hear shooting across the lake on Utoya, an island where the youth wing of the Labour Party is being held.

• 5:38 p.m. The SWAT team is dispatched from Oslo. It drives, deciding that starting a police helicopter would take longer.

• By 6 p.m. The team arrives at the lake, but it struggles to find a boat to cross over.

• 6:20 p.m. The SWAT team arrives on the island.

• 6:35 p.m. The suspect puts down his weapons and surrenders to police.

Conkers

Jan 11, 2006
Haywards Heath
Absolutely shocking. RIP those that have lost their lives.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here