Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Bobby Zamora for England Euro 2012?

The Truth

Banned
Sep 11, 2008
None of your buisness
What do you think the chances are?
I personally think he's got a massive chance now Woy is in charge. England obviously need a striker who holds it up. For me the options are Zamora, Holt, Carroll, Crouch and Heskey. Yes it's not a great choice of hold up players but who else would you pick?

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Not a chance* unfortunately.

* will probably happen now.

NickBHAFC18

Feb 24, 2012
Brighton
No way. He hasn't even had a good season, there are players that deserve it more than him...like Holt or Crouch. Id rather have Carroll over Zamora.

The Truth

Banned
Sep 11, 2008
None of your buisness
No way. He hasn't even had a good season, there are players that deserve it more than him...like Holt or Crouch. Id rather have Carroll over Zamora.

Fail to agree. Zamora is twice the player Carroll is. The only reason his name gets a mention is because of his price tag.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
What do you think the chances are?
I personally think he's got a massive chance now Woy is in charge. England obviously need a striker who holds it up. For me the options are Zamora, Holt, Carroll, Crouch and Heskey. Yes it's not a great choice of hold up players but who else would you pick?

Heskey retired from international football after WC2010. I would almost put Lambert in the list, he's been phenomenal this season.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Hodgson could do worse than to give Lambert a run out in one of the friendlies prior to the tournament...

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
Do people only look at strikers goal return?

A mate of mine is a QPR STH, and they've loved what Bobby has brought to the side, with his physical presence and his hold-up play. the goals have come from Cisse and Mackie, more than Bobby, but that is what a partnership is.

Has Djemba Ba become a bad striker for Newcastle since Cisse arrived, just because his goals dried up?

I think Zamora has a decent chance of being in the squad. I reckon it's a straight choice between Zamora and Carroll, but I do fear that Carroll has put in a couple of higher profile performances of late, but on teh other hand, Roy knows Zamora's game very well, and therefore knows what he brings to teh side.

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
Opta did this chart but Zamora's not even on it so....

avETi.png

If you're going by form you'd take Rooney, Bent, Holt and Defoe.

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
Hodgson could do worse than to give Lambert a run out in one of the friendlies prior to the tournament...
Apart from anything else he has to pick the squad before the friendlies.

I don't know why people talk about 'big' strikers as if they are all the same, Crouch for example, he's not a hold up player. At all. He's a front to goal striker who happens to be very tall. Zamora is comfortably the best English striker playing with his back to goal. He doesn't seem to have played that well since his move to QPR and he'd be a huge stick for the tabloids to beat Hodgson things if/when things don't go well for England. So he probably won't go.

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
These quotes about Andy Carroll being "shit" are laughable. On recent form he simply has to go to the Euros.

Based on what? 2 games where he's been half decent? You might argue that he's good when full of confidence but for the large part of this season he has been absolute TURD. The table above will show you that.

Tricky Dicky

Jul 27, 2004
Sunny Shoreham
Fail to agree. Zamora is twice the player Carroll is. The only reason his name gets a mention is because of his price tag.

Equally, if BZ hadn't played for us, I doubt you'd be saying that. Mention him to any non-albion fan, and they usually say he's crap. Carrolls form, certainly over the last month, has been far better than Zamoras - not convinced I'd take AC though.

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
These quotes about Andy Carroll being "shit" are laughable. On recent form he simply has to go to the Euros.
Recent form presumably meaning half an hour in the FA Cup final and the following game against Chelsea reserves?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here