Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Bobby Robson - RIP

A damn shame. I don't think I know anybody who has ever had a bad word to say about him. Mrs P told me that she met him once, and he spent a while talking to her whilst bouncing Mrs P's then 3 year old daughter up and down on his knee as if she was his own grand-daughter. A genuinely nice bloke, who was bloody good at his job as well. RIP

Tom Bombadil

Jul 14, 2003
Jibrovia
Really sad news. Mostly when someone famous dies, I just think it's sad for his family and continue with what I'm doing, but Bobby Robson was such a thoroughly decent bloke that a cloud is now hanging over my desk.
We could do we more people like him, not just in football, but in all walks of life. He will be fondly remembered and sadly missed.

Sonic The Hedgehog

Oi Lino You're A Disgrace
Jul 7, 2003
Wetherspoons, Fareham
Very sad news.

One of the few to have been a top player and a top manager.

RIP Sir Bobby

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Really sad news. Mostly when someone famous dies, I just think it's sad for his family and continue with what I'm doing, but Bobby Robson was such a thoroughly decent bloke that a cloud is now hanging over my desk.
We could do we more people like him, not just in football, but in all walks of life. He will be fondly remembered and sadly missed.
Absolutely spot-on. We've lost one of the good guys; not only a first-rate football man but as you say a thoroughly decent bloke for whom the expression 'quiet dignity' could have been coined.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
RIP Bobby, a true gent, the game will never see another like him.

Something that sticks in my mind from his autobiography was a farewell dinner he'd arranged with the "gentlemen" of the press in the immediate afternmath of the 1990 World Cup, after he'd stood down as boss. These people who had absolutely SLAUGHTERED him throughout his England career with some vicious and at times personal bile, and yet Bobby was still big enough and gracious enough to have them gathered for a private dinner with them just to say goodbye.

What a lovely man he was.

Northstander

Oct 13, 2003
I am truly saddened by this news. a legend and loved by all who knew the man!

In my lifetime, he was in my opinion our best England Manager!

Oscar

Nov 10, 2003
RIP Sir Bobby. A true legend of the game.

I'm sure when the papers pay tribute to him they won't mention how the tabloids initially savaged him as England manager.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
LEGEND is a word all too often overused these days but the word simply doesn't do Sir Bobby justice, he was more than a legend...

R.I.P Sir Bobby, the greatest.

[yt]OVbbA0YbuYw[/yt]

Watch that video at around the 3.55 mark, sums up the man for me, that smile, gracious, talented, LEGEND. Fair brought a tear to my eye.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here