Bobby Robson - RIP

DJB1975

Jul 9, 2009
London
This really fuckt me up today proper

BOBBY YOU ARE A TRUE ENGLISH GENT

No word can really say how i feel.

God bless you bobby

What the f*** are you supposed to type on this.

OUR SHIT, ENGLISH SHIT

Stumpy Tim

Absolute legend. He's the first England manager I remember really, and it doesn't seem that long ago when he led England to the semi-finals of the World Cup.

One story that still makes me laugh was an interview someone had with Shola Ameobi about his nicknames at Newcastle. The interview ended with

Interviewer: "And what does Sir Bobby call you"
Ameobi: "He calls me Carl Cort"
:lol::lol::lol::lol:

xenophon

speed of life
Jul 11, 2009
BR8
Sad. Probably the best ever England manager.

And one of the most vilified by the press at the time, sickening it was. England were easily the best team in the 1990 World Cup and would have won the final easily - penalties were the difference between greatness and the stratosphere

A giant of a man, not just in football

Rest In Peace Sir Bobby Robson

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
Excellent tribute on your site, Phil.

Cheers Fella, had a bit of fun trying to work out how to rig the "Top Five Shirts Viewed" but why not?
Watching the tributes on the telly this morning you realise that he was really such an influence on players, and fans of the teams he was at, but also he seems to have had an even wider influence on people from all walks of life, not even football related.
People simply respected him, regardless. For Mackams to be flying a flag at half mast, for Sir Alex Ferguson to simply say that not one other person was above SBR in football, for news presenters to talk about him on a personal level while on air, you just realise that we have lost a Legend, and the World is a slightly poorer place without him. I would like to see the FA do something truely special to remember him by, sadly they are so incompetant it may come to someone else to do that, but there must be something done.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here